Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 21/8/2014 Shin take part in ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93813

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Hello sis and good evening to u :)
I've got carpool atm so I have time while waiting to post :blush: :lol:
btw, Shinhye did her challenge while in SF... right?

also, I'm happy to note that (this is based on NY Times news in the US) we also have other countries participating, including Korea so the amount of donations must improve tremendously.
:heartsh:

With people as varied as former President George W. Bush and Justin Bieber, the viral “Ice Bucket Challenge” has now raised more than $41.8 million for Lou Gehrig’s disease.
source: LINK here
:luvluv:
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, starfire182921, hacci143, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93882

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Im Se Mi accepting ALS ice bucket challenge from Shin Hye.....

cr to PSH Arab fans
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Jenzzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Angel88, Maris, starfire182921, kimloveeun

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93883

• starfire182921
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 691
=D thats cool she did it! What about the director?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93918

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
@starfire, I was also about to ask if the "Royal Taylor" director accepted the IBC or he simply donated quietly. That was nice of Beast Yong Jun Hyung to accept the challenge fast n now her friend, Im Semi's turn. :)

cr Mohamed Sunbae
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, starfire182921, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93919

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
When our sweet Park Shin Hye participated in the IBC, she said
"I hope this small challenge becomes hope for those suffering from Lou Gehrig's and their family". She accepted the ice cold water quietly and bowed down.

The “ice bucket challenge” has hit South Korea, with several celebrities, sportsmen and even a high-profile businessman taking up on the challenge in recent days.

The challenge raises money to fight amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a neurodegenerative disorder better known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, and has gone viral this month. People ranging from former U.S. Presdient George W. Bush to Colombian singer Shakira have joined the fray.

And it worked: As of last week, the U.S. ALS Association raised $7.6 million in donations in two weeks, more than five times the contributions from the same period last year, according to The Wall Street Journal.

In South Korea, the first public figure to dump water on himself was singer Tim, according to local news radio station CBS.

Tim Hwang said...
Alright. ALS "Ice Bucket" challenge accepted. Now it's time for us in Korea to get the word out and help cause awareness about ALS here as well. In Korea ‪#‎승일희망재단‬ is the organization that does this so please support y'all. Now to my nominees Sean Ro, Brian Joo, and Siwon Choi. Lets answer the call brothers and be the ones to pass the torch to the Korean public about this ‪#‎얼음물샤워‬ challenge.
Link Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, starfire182921, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93920

• starfire182921
  • Senior Star
@nu2me I read somewhere that fans and netizens praised our park shin hye because she did the challenge and donated money as well:-) besides she did it sincerely unlike others screamed and etc,! This is why I love her even more! So admirable :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Angel88, Maris, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93930

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
You are right @starfire.... Shinhye did her ice bucket challenge while she is still in SF on a green grass lawn, someone mentioned she's a caring person that she thought not to waste water plus she donated even though she has ice bucket poured over her.
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, starfire182921, sonia loubaresse, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #93982

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Rachel, Eve, starfire, Jenzzy, Narjess ....thanks for the updates and info......and Elena for this separate thread.

I never realized how closely and critically people watched these celebrities . The fact that they need to be entertained all the time irrespective of the occasion is an eye opener.

I did think that Shinye was solemn while carrying out the challenge although I knew it was as a mark of respect for the patients and families suffering from ALS. But, when I happened to see a video posted by a fellow starlight angel and friend of one such a patient and her family.......I was honestly glad that Shinhye was so empathic while performing the challenge because from point of view of the patient and families it is very possible that they might be emotionally upset seeing something that is heartbreaking for them turn into a fun event .........even if their intentions are good.

Once again I am reminded of a fact that Shinhye always knows to perfection what to do, say and behave on any occasion. I salute Shinhye for thinking that far ahead .

Elena you are not the only one to not know about it.......thanks to these challenges taken up by these celebrities ......I am sure innumerable people must have become more informed in the shortest possible time. It sure made me look up and search about it.

Edit: her ALS challenge video SALT Official YouTube channel has garnered over 110, 000 views in just two days with over 90 comments.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Angel88, starfire182921, Jenzzy

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #94021

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Sharing with you the ALS ice bucket challenge with eng sub....@maris @nu2me @starfire yes Shin Hye just knows how to empathize with other people's feelings....fighting!

cr to PSH Arab fans
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Angel88, starfire182921, sonia loubaresse

[Re: [NEWS STORIES] About PARK SHIN HYE - Various'. 9 years 7 months ago #94024

• starfire182921
  • Senior Star
I guess the one poured water over her is the lady with her always(lady Salt boss) thnx for sharing:-) keep spreading love with our princess! I will support forever!! Kisses and hugs from hongkong :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds