Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106375

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
“PINOCCHIO” EPISODE 5 PREVIEW + EPISODE 4 CLIPS & THOUGHTS

feat17.jpg

I’ve seen all four episodes and am totally enjoying this drama. I love the little, romantic touches like the button necklace and how we have so many lovable characters. Even the elder brother who has every reason to hate the world has a sweet side. The actors have great chemistry which is very important in a somewhat predictable drama like this. The unique hook is built on a very familiar foundation that the writer knows how to keep fresh and interesting. Loving it!

The preview:

So he makes it. I wondered how they’d handle her inability to lie with her discovery of feelings and it looks like she confesses! That’s a lot quicker than I imagined. But I suppose that’s their dynamic – he always lies while she can’t. So he’ll keep hiding his feelings because “it’s the right thing to do” despite their reciprocation.

Episode 4 Clips:

He screws her over again! I think they did a very good job of retaining his character flaw. He screwed her over as a kid when he learned who her mother was and got rid of the TV. Just like back then when he’d gone to the trouble of climbing on the roof, fixing the antenna and taking her to the highest highs when she finally got to see her mom on the screen, he helped her get very far in the interview process then boom, he shoots her down over his family. I think this is the one area that his anger overtakes him and I wonder how long he’s going to keep the secret of his identity from her. He will never be able to deal with the pain of his past if he never addresses it. Which brings me to this scene:

I love this because it mirrors his brother’s actions at the site and also that after all these years, the brothers can finally mourn their dad. It’s devastating what his family went through and I am glad that they can finally cry for their deceased dad. I know his brother is in a dark place and a part of me really wants him to take revenge on those factory workers. And while I know the Pinocchio didn’t intentionally destroy their lives, he needs to suffer or at least show remorse for the role he played in their family tragedy.

Brightening things up a bit, I am not against In Ha’s father at all.

I’m not a fan of parental disapproval but I don’t blame her father for telling him to back off. I think it’s actually normal not to want a kid you raised to date the daughter you raised with him. I don’t think he will ever be a shipper but he’ll probably eventually, grudgingly accept their relationship. Right now, he’s just being a protective dad which is okay. I reserve the right to change my opinion of him if he becomes evil in the future.

But can a man with such an imagination ever be evil?

Cute and Appa, is this how you had breakfast with your wife during happier times?

But speaking of shipper parents, this guy definitely is:

How sweet and lovely was it of him to get him a makeover and finally tell him that it was okay to be himself? The scene that followed the above was very touching and I’m glad that he knows that someone loves him so much to lie to him for years. That statement, in and of itself, seems contradictory but it really was out of love for wanting to keep this orphaned child by his side. Growing up, loved ones constantly lied to protect Ki Ha Myung and it’s become the theme of Choi Dal Po’s life. It saddens me that his older brother wasn’t lucky enough to find love with a surrogate family.

So far, so good. I’m totally on the uncle-niece ship. Their chemistry is lovely and isn’t Dal Po the sweetest? He always takes care of her and I love how cordial their relationship is. And In Ha is so cool not to take it personally the few times he hurts her. Some people focus on the 1 bad thing you’ve done while forgetting the 99 good but instead, she remembers the 99 and doesn’t get hurt by the 1. Awesome!

And it looks like our second lead is doing what all good second leads do: bringing the couple together! He definitely ignited Dal Po’s jealousy and helped her realize her feelings.

So thank you our stalking, text-stealing, protective chaebol with a cute mother.

Yes, keep that cute smile on your face while driving your fancy car and being her daddy long legs. You won’t get the girl but you’ll definitely have your millions to console you. I won’t cry for you! Besides, I bet you’ll eventually find someone to reciprocate your feelings. Will it be the celebrity stalker?

cr: couch kimchi
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jenzzy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106376

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Pinocchio: Episode 4
by girlfriday | November 20, 2014

Okay, I seriously love this episode. I swear it’s not even because our hero finally gets a makeover (even though that’s worth a round of applause in and of itself—fare thee well, Mop of Shame!), but because the family stuff hits all the right chords. It’s an episode about fathers, and the kind of love that’s so steadfast that sometimes a reminder is a shock to the system—a poignant, tear-filled, affectionate shock.

SONG OF THE DAY
Tiger J.K – “첫사랑” (First Love) for the Pinocchio OST

EPISODE 4: “Romeo and Juliet”

We rewind a little to see that Dad finds the kids on the rooftop and hides out of sight, just in time to watch Dal-po try to stop In-ha’s day-long bout of hiccups, over having to lie that things went great with Mom and she’s totally fine giving up on journalism altogether. In-ha knows that Dal-po gave up college for her, and says she can’t live off of his taxi-driving income forever.

But Dal-po stops her from burning all her books by declaring that he needs them now, because he’s going to become a reporter too. Just like that, her hiccups stop, and fireworks explode in the distance.

As they head back down with her suitcase full of books, In-ha offers to give Dal-po her precious notes that she spent three years compiling. She worries about Grandpa finding out that Dal-po isn’t dumb, but he’s not concerned at all, since he plans to keep his cabbie job and just study intermittently because he’s positive he won’t be hired. Ah, okay, this helps me understand your whim a little better. He says there’s a zero-percent chance that a taxi driver will get hired as a reporter, and she corrects him that their chances are the same: fifty-fifty, pass or fail. For her sake, he agrees.

At home, Grandpa helps them put her books back, and In-ha’s already on edge just dreading the inevitable blowup with Dad over her breaking their contract. Grandpa wisely tells them that there’s no forcing someone to think your thoughts, parents and children alike.

When Dad comes home In-ha rushes out to greet him, but just as she draws in a big breath to blurt it out (while hiding behind Dal-po, heh), Dad cuts in to ask Dal-po for a chat. They leave In-ha and Grandpa behind, wondering why she’s being left out of a conversation about her career.

Outside, Dal-po starts to try and sway Dad on In-ha’s behalf (and when they’re alone, he’s back to calling him Ajusshi). He says that In-ha can’t give up on her dream, and haltingly quotes Grandpa’s advice about not being able to control your kids and all that. But Dad isn’t here to talk about journalism—he confesses that he saw them up on the roof earlier, and Dal-po immediately tenses up. This is a conversation about that other thing.

continue reading here
www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/pinocchio-episode-4/
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106377

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
hope this works!! sigh .did not work :pinch: :lol:

here's the gif of when InHa was helping Dalpo how to speak for broadcast. She was frustrated. LOL

and Dalpo being a good student... follows InHa :lol:

He did very wel l!! thumbs up :lol:

and Jongsuk's dance at the end of the gif.... unfortunately the short video did not work on my file.

BTS cut

Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106386

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Just saying.
FRIDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2014
Sometimes when you look at search rankings, it is not super representative, because anyone can rush up the search rankings for a few minutes or an hour. But Jongsuk has been up on the Daum and Naver search rankings for almost a day now.

Here is the chart for hot topic keywords of today for the ENTIRE day.

image_2014-11-22.jpg

Number 3 is Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk. This is for all topics, not just entertainment. This is not just joking around — the comments on Naver last night were so positive and discussion was heated and involved.

What I’m saying is, I am overjoyed.

P.S. There are literally 20 pages of news about the ‘toast kiss’. I was looking at Naver articles to translate and I don’t even know where to begin. Please someone send me ones they think are good.

Credit: Hitoritabi
Posted 6 hours ago | 44 notes
#lee jong suk #pinocchio #random #naver
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106396

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
[Drama Review] 'Pinocchio' - Episode 4
November 21, 2014 @ 6:02 pm, Allkpop

PINOCCHIO - EPISODE 4

Titled "Romeo and Juliet," this episode grabbed our leads' usual family dynamic and took it apart. Dal Po and In Ha come to a point when they begin to realize that they're not really uncle and niece, but rather people from different families, aspiring reporters with rivaling beliefs, and potential love interests. Awww yeahh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106397

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
(Continue)
As a fan of the William Shakespeare classic (Weird right? We exist), I get annoyed with loose 'Romeo and Juliet' comparisons in pop culture very easily. The allusion kind of works in this episode, though, because as a title, it's a nice reminder for the viewers that our two leads come from two families that should be "enemies" in a sense. In Ha is the daughter of the reporter whom Dal Po blames for destroying his once happy family. Although In Ha isn't exactly like her "Snow Queen" of a mother, Dal Po can't help but associate In Ha with her, especially when, in this episode, In Ha seems to take her mother's side. Dal Po evidently cares for In Ha, but family ties at this point prove to be way stronger than any romantic feelings, and, in the end, Dal Po lashes out at In Ha as his Juliet, whom, although he likes, he naturally can't help but consider the daughter of his enemy.

While Dal Po and In Ha's relationship gets more and more complex, our supporting characters get more and more interesting. I love that everyone seems to have their own quirk, not just the protagonists. From the grandpa's endearing arrogance, Reporter Jang Hyun Gyu (Min Sung Wook)'s trollish behavior ("Biscuit, coffee, yoohoo"), Yoon Yoo Rae (Lee Yu Bi)'s sasaeng habits, and Beom Jo's even creepier tendencies, 'Pinocchio' features a fleshed out, entertaining world to watch.

I especially enjoyed Dal Pyeong's paranoia regarding Dal Po and In Ha's relationship. Fathers from all over the world would probably be able to relate to his pain as he, on one hand, attempts to protect his daughter from lusty boys and on the other, is annoyed with his own daughter's filth. I love the banter between him and In Ha, too. This relationship is very realistic to me. Reminds me of my own naggy dad. Hee.

We have now been introduced to most of the cast and the world has been pieced together. Looking forward to how our supporting characters will mix into Dal Po and In Ha's drama for the laughs and also for more serious developments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106398

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
HIGHLIGHTS

Dad does not approve of the wrist grab. Welcome to the K-Drama world, dad, welcome.

This moment was sweet. The father-daughter feels.

Of course, he regrets his words immediately after seeing her.

"Sigh. Why is my daughter such a slob." My dad would probably be like, "Word."
cr Allkpop
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106399

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
(Continue)

"Oh my," indeed. Or more like, "HOT DAYUM THAT IS A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. SOMEONE GO BURN THAT WIG FOR COMMITTING A GREAT SIN OF UGLINESS TO SUCH A HANDSOME FACE, OH MY LORD."

Gramps getting sentimental with Dal Po. The feeeeeels in this episode.

Meanwhile, Dal Pyeong is still savoring the taste of regret. You've got to admit, Papa Choi, the idea of wearing your hoodie backwards to make a makeshift snack-bag is kind of genius, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106400

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Of course he overhears this part of the conversation...

... and not this part. Oh drama world, you can be so cruel.

Meanwhile, Beom Jo be creepin'.

"Achoooo"

Okay, back to creepin'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #106401

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Five hours prior, he even sends our heroine a wink. On one hand, Beom Jo's cute in his own weird way. On the other hand, this would kind of not be okay in real life.

Looks like these two are having a battle of who can be the better hero. Dal Po be like:

"Challenge accepted."
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.763 seconds