Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106463

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2359
'Pinocchio" Lee Jong Suk Explodes In Acting Quality
By Staff Writer | Nov 21, 2014 04:23 PM EST

Actor Lee Jong Suk started bawling and viewers cried with him.

The episode of SBS drama "Pinocchio" aired on November 20th (script Park Hye Ryun, director Jo Soo Won) aired with the subtitle of "Romeo & Juliet." On this episode, Dahl Po (played by Lee Jong Suk) and In Ha (played by Park Shin Hye) prepared for journalist exams as they attracted the viewers' attentions. What was especially of interest was Dahl Po's crying scene as he realizes that his father had passed away.
Dahl Po saw that In Ha was extremely nervous and said it was all meaningless if they both did not make it. Later In the episode, Dahl Po learns that his father's body was found and he was in great shock. He starts to bawl and as he started thinking of his mother Song Cha Ok (played by Jin Kyung)'s face, he could not hide his anger.On this episode, as Dahl Po and In Ha prepared for exams, Dahl Po would sit by the door at early hours of the day to read newspapers when no one else had awakened. He even received speech therapy from In Ha and through all these efforts, he was able to get to the last level of hiring at YGN broadcasting.

source: www.kdramastars.com/articles/55285/20141...ing-quality.htm ;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106465

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Episode 5 preview...
Waiting for translation.... ;)

Dalpo makes it as rookie reporter. InHa with her inability to lie and her discovering her own personal and real feelings..... she had to admit going forward on the new episode.

While Dalpo lies when he has to, InHa can’t else she hiccups. Will he keep his feelings to himself because “it’s the right thing to do”?
:ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106468

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
Pinocchio Relationship Chart :bingo:

cr to DC+ Baidu + Weibo
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106470

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
This really made me sad, almost cried :touched :touched the feels :touched :touched

cry.jpg

cry2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106474

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Highlights: “Pinocchio” Episode 4

It’s time for our two aspiring reporters to see if they’ve got what it takes to earn a spot at YGN, and the answer is… maybe? In other news, Dal Po finally cuts his hair and puts on a suit, and it is possibly the greatest thing that’s happened in the history of television. Basically, this was yet another great episode of “Pinocchio”, in which we get to meet our enjoyably kooky second leads, and Dal Po and In Ha are confronted with some uncomfortable (and, for Dal Po, tragic) revelations.

These were my five favorite scenes from “Pinocchio”, episode 4:

pinocchio-4-lee-jong-suk-cover-final-800x450.jpg

1. The “brothers” have a talk
I find the relationship between Dal Po and Dal Pyung so fascinating, because it seems clear that Dal Pyung hasn’t accepted Dal Po into the family in the same way that In Ha has. So he’s stuck living with this kid who’s twenty-five years younger than him, and he has to call him “hyung-nim.” It’s such an uncomfortable dynamic, and that’s on full display in this scene, as Dal Pyung confronts Dal Po about his (incredibly obvious) crush on In Ha. This isn’t an aggressive or angry scene—I think a large part of Dal Pyung’s problem with the idea of Dal Po liking In Ha is that he still doesn’t really know Dal Po, even though he’s lived with him for thirteen years. But Dal Po makes it clear that his priorities are with the family—he has no plans to act on his crush. I love how real this fake family has become to Dal Po, to the point where he is willing to withstand a lot of emotional pain just to make sure that nothing happens to it.

pinocchio-4-lee-jong-suk-1-final.jpg

2. Dad knew all along
As welcome and glorious as Dal Po’s makeover was, even better was the conversation on the bus between Dal Po and Gong Pil, in which “dad” admits that he’s known for years that Dal Po isn’t his real son, but he’s been pretending he is because he doesn’t want Dal Po to leave him. It’s such a sweet, tender moment, and it makes me so happy that even though Dal Po lost his biological father, he found a new father who loves him.

pinocchio-4-byun-hee-bong-final.jpg

3. The toast fantasy
Oh wow. I nearly fell off my chair laughing during this scene, as Dal Pyung imagines a world in which Dal Po and In Ha are coworkers/a couple. His vision of a erotically charged, softly lit, domestic morning was just so delightfully bizarre. It also served as a very welcome moment of levity before the dark final act.

pinocchio-4-lee-jong-suk-3-final.jpg

pinocchio-4-park-shin-hye-final.jpg

pinocchio-4-park-shin-hye-lee-jong-suk-final.jpg

pinocchio-4-shin-jung-geun-final.jpg

4. The debate
From the moment that they turned on the footage from that fire, I knew this scene would be hard to watch, but it just kept getting worse and worse. For Dal Po to find out that his father has been dead all along, in a situation where he can’t react in any way, was simply crushing. And then for him to have to sit and listen to all the applicants talk about what happened in such a dry and abstract way was even worse. To everyone in the room but Dal Po, what happened is a sad story, but it’s old news—a topic for debate. For Dal Po, what happened shattered his life, and he deals with the effects of that every day. And then for him to hear In Ha say that what happened was nobody’s fault… It’s understandable why he reacted the way he did. To be sure, it was really cruel for him to reveal that she’s a Pinocchio. But he was so upset—and so shocked from the news of his father’s death—that I’m willing to give him a pass (as long as he apologizes to In Ha!).

5. A revelation in the elevator
The final scene of the episode, which cut between In Ha’s realization that she likes Dal Po and Dal Po finally being able to grieve for his father, was so lovely. I love how generous In Ha is—she isn’t angry at Dal Po for revealing her secret, she’s just upset that he can’t be on her side, the way he always has been. She’s just become so accustomed to Dal Po always being there for her that her heart breaks when he isn’t. But she still needs Bum Jo to suggest that maybe part of why she’s upset is that she has a crush on Dal Po. It’s wonderful how those words are like turning on a light in In Ha’s head. Before, she had never thought of liking Dal Po that way, and she could comfortably say that she didn’t without hiccuping. But now, after losing his support so painfully, she’s finally ready to understand that she really does like him.

cr to soompi
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jenzzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, narjess89

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106480

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
mmmm let's wait for next year i hope Shin Hye will get the awards :)

The character of In Ha is so various, it's nice to see all these expressions and different feelings from her :)
that's already an advantage,
Shin Hye is the best she deserves more and more success :-V

She's so cute here :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106481

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
this scene is so cute....you can see how naive In Ha is and the jealous Dal Po protecting In Ha :)
Now i have something to look forward to every Wednesday....

B3DYGR9CQAAG0ak.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, narjess89, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106484

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
Yah! Someone posted this regarding the button Dal Po sold to In Ha to make her wishes come true :bingo:
Note: After he dreamed of his parents :bingo:

source: Laura at Dramabeans

Screenshot cr to hitoritabi
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106485

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
That is interesting @prettycool.....thanks for the article
now i am thinking about the dream catcher too LOL

:piggyrabbit :piggyrabbit :piggyrabbit
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106487

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
Every time PSH or LJS cries, it softens my heart with accumulating effects and I almost start crying too lol :D

cr to tntn + cujr(달빛
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds