Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110237

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352

Ha Myung has been trying really hard to be strong for his brother, so now back at the police station, Ha Myung can barely hold himself up. In Ha witnesses this and he catches her watching him. He walks away but In Ha is worried about him and she chases after him, grabbing his arm.

Dal Po pulls her hand off, telling her he is okay. “So don’t do anything.” He gets into the elevator and In Ha calls out to him in a familiar way, “Dal Po!”

Dal Po coldly tells her not to call him by that name again. “I’m okay so don’t worry about me or try to comfort me. So that I don’t break apart or shake in resolve, please don’t do anything.” Hearing his words, In Ha lets the elevator door close, unable to do anything for him.

In Ha runs into Cha Ok in the bathroom back at MSC. Cha Ok asks In Ha if she knew that Dal Po, her uncle, was Ki Jae Myung’s brother. Cha Ok notes that the world is scary, with her uncle being the brother of a murderer. In Ha can barely keep the disdain for her mom out of her voice as she replies, “So what? I am the daughter of a murderer.” When Cha Ok turns to her in shock, In Ha adds, “You killed someone with your words.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110238

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

At the YGN newsroom, Yoo Rae is searching Song Cha Ok’s name on search portals and noting that the related terms are all about Song Cha Ok being a fabricator. I-forget-his-name is doing the same thing. Yoo Rae declares this is not enough, though; Song Cha Ok deserves more criticism.

Yoo Rae has created an online group for “People who loathe Song Cha Ok.” She is going to upload the video she edited of Song Cha Ok’s seminar into the website. I-forget-his-name asks why Yoo Rae hates Song Cha Ok so much. Yoo Rae replies it is also because she feels apologetic to Ha Myung since she pushed the Ki Jae Myung story without knowing it was about his brother. She learned a lesson- what is simply a news item to them can mean everything to someone else’s life, but she thought of it too lightly.

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110239

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

The video is done uploading and it’s pretty awful, showing Song Cha Ok say that journliasts need to add seasoning to fact and that the public only likes to hear bad things about people, not good.

Song Cha Ok is being chauffeured somewhere and she reads a news story about MSC losing viewer’s trust because of her. She is upset when she spots Ha Myung on the road. She stops her car, gets out, and approaches him. She tells him she understands now why he was so nippy with her before. She also declares that although he wanted to screw her over badly enough that he made his brother turn himself in, his attack didn’t work.

Contrary to reaction she wanted, Ha Myung smiles. He says: “You must be nervous. You’re answering questions I didn’t even ask and even your voice is shaking. Are you scared of me?”

Cha Ok sneers at him, “Not at all.”Ha Myung o easily replies, “That’s good. Even if you are, don’t be discovered and don’t fall apart easily. Otherwise, it won’t be fun.”

Ha Myung narrates: “I was curious whether Song Cha Ok was only a bad reporter to me or of she was also bad to other people. I was very curious whether the sparks of distrust my brother and I threw at Song Cha Ok would burn out or burn stronger. But those sparks burned stronger than I imagined. And those sparks rode the wind and spread and became the spark of opportunity for me.”

The NTS rookie is reporting on people demanding that Song Cha Ok be removed from as an anchor and that there is a man demanding an apology from Song Cha Ok after she destroyed his business with incorrect news. Mr. Jo used to a public bus company owner, but he lost his business when it was reported, exclusively by Song Cha Ok, that a driver fired from the company committed suicide because of that loss of job. The man had been fired for “embezzling” a mere 600 won ($0.55 USD). But in truth, the man had died from an illness, not suicide.

At MSC, Yeon Doo Young is angry that NTS would attack another news network’s reporter like this. He wants Cha Ok to file charges of defamation against Mr. Jo. Cha Ok just wants to ignore, saying it is not worth responding, Yeon Doo Young thinks she has to show somehow that she is not guilty of anything. Is she?

Cha Ok explains there was a lot of circumstantial evidence to point to suicide and the deceased’s family had said it was. So she did not look at the death certificate to confirm. Doo Young can’t believe that Cha Ok investigated with already having a conclusion set. He confirms with her that she is unable at this point to state that Mr. Jo is wrong and to explain herself. He tells her that if it turns out that what Mr. Jo is saying is true, Cha Ok should resign from her position as anchor.

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110240

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Song Cha Ok instructs Il Joo to dig into Mr. Jo and report directly to her. Unfortunately for her, Gong Joo overhears and he passes the task to In Ha and Beom Jo, explaining that he is upset Cha Ok couldn’t trust him and that a Pinocchio will be best to prove Cha Ok’s innocence since everyone knows In Ha can’t lie. Cha Ok is upset over this decision but Gong Joo reminds her that it is completely the captain’s sole privilege to assign reporters to stories and no one else.

The YGN news team is having a meeting and talking about NTS’s report on Song Cha Ok. Hyun Gyu thinks it is okay for a news network to be investigating into another network’s anchor especially since Song Cha Ok got an award for that story about the bus driver suicide.

Yoo Rae and Ha Myung add that there must be something wrong since MSC is not defending itself. Gyo Dong points out that what NTS is doing is only reporting Mr. Jo’s testimony. They need to interview all sides. He assigns Ha Myung to investigate but when Yoo Rae looks at him with puppy eyes, he assigns her to the story too.

Ha Myung visits his brother and tells him about this story. Mr. Cha, a public bus driver, was fired from his company six years ago after being accused of embezzling 600 won. He argued that it was just a mistake but was fired nonetheless. After being fired, according to his family, Mr. Cha became depressed and a month later, he committed suicide through a drug overdose. Song Cha Ok had reported on this story as an MSC exclusive and won an award for it. The problem is that Mr. Cha died from an illness, not suicide, but Song Cha Ok pushed the story as suicide. And the bus company was hurt financially because of its bad reputation and had to close. If Ha Myung reports on this story properly, he will finally be able to bring Cha Ok down and make her unable to be a reporter. Jae Myung says he looks forward to it, to see how Ha Myung does it.

Ha Myung asks how Jae Myung’s lawyer is. Jae Myung says the lawyer seems like a good person but not very smart. Ha Myung is worried and asks for his name and number.

Beom Jo is on the phone with his mom and he sounds unhappy to be working with In Ha again on a story. He tells her it is because he wants to ends things with her. He doesn’t have the strength to keep fighting a fight that he has no chance of winning. He is going to end things with In Ha by telling him that he was the one who stole her messages to her mom for 13 years. He knows she will be angry with him but he is ready for that- to be hit if she hits and to be cursed at if she curses.

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110241

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Mom suggests that Beom Jo then also quit being a reporter. He only started because he wanted to see In Ha anyway. Beom Jo agrees. Mom also wants Beom Jo to go on a meeting with a prospective marriage partner. He refuses but when his mom sends him a picture of the girl, Beom Jo’s resolve shakes a little. The picture they used is of Suzy from K-pop group miss A.

Beom Jo finds In Ha stapling papers together and he eyes her hand slapping that stapler down hard warily. He imagines her slapping him so hard that her hand leaves a violet print on his face. So before he tellls her, he questions her first, asking if she is angry at the person who stole her messages. In Ha replies she was initially but not anymore. Her mom would have replied early on, had those messages gone to her, to stop messaging her. So it’s not like they would definitely be on better terms if the messages had gone to her for those 13 years. In Ha says she is actually grateful to that person who accepted her messages for 13 years. The person was her bamboo forest and her diary. She’s kind of sorry these days that she no longer has anyone to send messages too.

This makes Beom Jo happy and he has to stop and remind himself that this is not what he wanted or was supposed to happen. He needed to end things with her!

In Ha and Beom Jo try to get Mr. Jo to talk to them but he refuses to be interviewed by anyone from MSC since they will try to protect Song Cha Ok. In Ha assures him that this is not their intention and since she is a Pinocchio, she can’t lie. She promises to help him get an apology from Song Cha Ok if Song Cha Ok did indeed report erroneously and she promises that she will only report the exact truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Avidfanatic, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110242

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Ha Myung witnesses this scene as he is here with Yoo Rae to interview Mr. Jo too. Mr. Jo says he will talk to both MSC and YGN and the five move to a cafe.

Before In Ha can sit down, Ha Myung pulls her aside. He tells her to drop out from this story. He is going to use this story to bring her mom down and show the world that her mom has no right to be journalist. If In Ha is there, he will be worried about her. He wants to think only about his brother and fight properly but if he sees her, he will hesitate.

In Ha coldly replies, “Don’t be concerned. Fight properly. Don’t hesitate. I am the same as you. I also think my mom doesn’t have the right to be a journalist and like you said, I want to show the world that. I know how much you are hurting. You are not okay. You are crying every night alone and you are missing Grandpa every moment. But you are pretending you are okay because of your brother. I know better than anyone else that you are not okay, but I am not going to worry about you or comfort you. You know why?! Because I hate it more to see you fall apart. So don’t worry about me and go your own way.”

Il Joo reports to Cha Ok after meeting with Mr. Cha’s younger brother. The brother said Mr. Jo is correct. Song Cha Ok is angry- then why did that family lie to her six years ago and said it was a suicide? Il Joo tells her the brother said it was because they were angry at Mr. Jo. Cha Ok also asks about In Ha and Beom Jo so he tells her that they are interviewing Mr. Jo and so is YGN’s Ki Ha Myung.

While picking up their orders, Beom Jo asks cautiously if Ha Myung is okay. He doesn’t know exactly what to say in comfort but he wants Ha Myung to know that he is on his side completely. Beom Jo also tells Ha Myung that his mother is the second highest holder of MSC’s stocks so you know…. Ha Myung smiles, grateful, but also teasing Beom Jo about him acting like a chaebol. Beom Jo asserts that he hates acting like this but he really wants Ha Myung to know he is on his side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110243

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

During the interview, Mr. Jo reveals that he found about the real cause of Mr. Cha’s death after having dinner with his brother and the brother confessing to him. He then checked out the death certificate. In Ha confirms with Mr. Jo that Song Cha Ok did not check the death certificate six years ago. Beom Jo asks if Mr. Jo has any other evidence. Mr. Jo gives them the contact information for Mr. Cha’s brother and his colleagues

After the interview, the four divvy up the work. In Ha will confirm the death certificate, Beom Jo will talk to Mr. Cha’s colleagues, and Yoo Rae will meet with Mr. Cha’s family. Ha Myung says he will go talk to Song Cha Ok. Beom Jo gives Ha Myung his MSC ID card so that Ha Myung can get in the building without any problems.

At MSC, Ha Myung asks Gong Joo where Cha Ok is and he tells him that she is in the cafeteria. Gong Joo thinks he recognizes Ha Myung but can’t place exactly where from.

Ha Myung sits down at Cha Ok’s table in the cafeteria. He taunts her, saying, “You’re having a hard time right now, right? Being swept up in a preposterous rumor. I experienced the same thing 13 years ago so I know that feeling well.”

Not wanting to listen to him any longer, Cha Ok stops eating, gets up, and walks away. But Ha Myung follows her, continuing his attack. “But you are luckier than I was since it is easier to prove the rumor wrong. All you need to do is file charges against Mr. Jo for defamation and the police will start investigating and find out which side is lying.”

Cha Ok declares that the rumor is not even worth filing charges against. Ha Myung asks, “Isn’t it really because you have no confidence?” Cha Ok clarifies, “I mean I don’t have to respond to each and every groundless rumor.”

Ha Myung throws the words Cha Ok used on him and his brother 13 years ago back at her. “Can you prove that it is a groundless rumor?” Cha Ok recognizes those words. She finally stops her steps and turns back to face. She confidently declares she can.

Ha Myung asks what evidence did she have to conclude it was suicide. Cha Ok replies she had the circumstantial evidence.Ha Myung digs deeper. “Did you check the death certificate?” Cha Ok just lists, “I also had the testimony of a family member.”Ha Myung repeats, “Did you check the death certificate?” but Cha Ok just says she also had the final will of the deceased. When Ha Myung keeps asking about the death certificate, Cha Ok finally loses her composure in front of him and screams. “I didn’t need to check because there was a lot of other evidence!”

Ha Myung calmly smiles and thanks her for her answer. Cha Ok storms off and when alone, she gets a message from the President telling her to step down for now.

As Ha Myung walks out of MSC, he smiles a happy smile of victory.

End of episode 12
Thank you Joonnii
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Avidfanatic, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110244

• verfir
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1679
kimloveeun wrote:
Today rating:-
AGB country

SBS "Pinocchio": 9.7 %% (-0.7)

MBC "Mr.Back": 9.2% (+0.2)

KBS2 "King's face": 6.9% (- 0.2)

TNS National

SBS "Pinocchio": 11.3% (+ 0.2)

MBC "Mr.Back": 9% (+0)

KBS2 "King's face": Not in the top twenty

TNS Seoul

SBS "Pinocchio": 13.5% (+ 0.2)

MBC "Mr.Back": 10.3% (-1.1)

KBS2 "King's face": Not in the top twenty

:heartsh: :heartsh: :heartsh: :heartsh: :heartsh:

:luvluv: I am happy that Pinnochio still on the top
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Humilis, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110251

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
From Allkpop......

Dal Po has had this desire to be more truthful in broadcasts for a while now--ever since episode 7--but we've definitely seen him stumble after realizing the likely possibility of his brother being a murderer. Conflicted over wanting to protect his brother, he covers for Jae Myeong, allowing him to enjoy his moment of fame for just a bit longer. His feelings for In Ha have also hindered him from going against his enemies in the news world with full force. We saw in episode 10 that when Dal Po finally had the opportunity to "howl" at Cha Ok in front of everybody, he couldn't do it with In Ha in his peripheral vision. In the end, In Ha had to step up and do the public rebuking for him.

Dal Po realizes that in order to be the just, truthful reporter that he wants to be, he has to turn Jae Myeong in to the police and (temporarily?) take a break from In Ha. Surprisingly, both Jae Myeong and In Ha are already steps ahead of Dal Po; they both make the first move, showing Dal Po just how much they want to see him accomplish his goals. While Jae Myeong texts Dal Po evidence of his murder to nudge him in the right direction, In Ha breaks up with Dal Po.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 4 months ago #110252

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
....Continue...
I like the progress this episode made, but I have to say that the plot twist pulled at the end, when Jae Myeong reveals that he actually wanted Dal Po to turn him in all along, was a weird surprise. This drama is usually good at shocking the viewers, especially with its fast pace when it comes to revelations and developments, but for some reason, I had a hard time accepting that Jae Myeong would set this up. I know that Jae Myeong is a kind soul deep down, but prior to this, we saw a really dark side of him, so dark that he was going on a killing rampage. He hasn't just killed one person--he's killed three, and he was on his way to making that murder toll go up to five. He has been really committed to this revenge up to now; it seems strange that he would allow Dal Po to take his operation revenge down a more peaceful, less violent route.

I'm also really curious as to what Dal Po's idea of revenge is. Does he plan to just make Cha Ok look bad on TV? Destroy her news channel? Ruin her news career?

To continue reading....Click...
LINK. Here
cr Allkpop
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tea2, Humilis, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds