Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83470

• kimloveeun
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 11476
Another tragedy on earth planet.

keep_calm_and_carry_on_praying_postcard-r7b6476bfdc29487a9ff3f7c9e19b4a15_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

May ALLAH forgive everyone and blessed the world.
Love is You.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83476

• kimloveeun
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 11476
Latest news - what a heart breaking news.
May GOD give them strength and mercy.

Death toll rises as more bodies found in sunken ferry

1397913535000-AFP-529078884-1.jpg

Divers have recovered 10 more bodies from inside the sunken South Korean ferry bringing the death toll to 46.

The captain of the vessel was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of negligence and abandoning people in need.

Rescuers planned dozens of dives Saturday in an attempt to enter the ferry and retrieve at least some of the 256 people missing after the Sewol sank off South Korea's southern coast Wednesday with 476 people on board.

Four bodies were found in the murky water near the ferry, Yonhap news agency reported Saturday, citing officials from the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters.

Strong currents and rain made it difficult to get inside the ferry, where most of the passengers are believed to have been trapped, coast guard spokesman Kim Jae-in said.

Ferry operator, Chonghaejin Marine Co., has had issues in the past, Yonhap also reported. Three weeks before the Sewol's sinking, one of Chonghaejin's passenger ships collided with a fishing boat in the Yellow Sea, Yonhap reports. No one was injured. In the last few years, Chonghaejin Marine ships have also had generator and engine troubles, Yonhap said.

With only 174 known survivors and the chances of survival becoming ever-slimmer, the disaster is shaping up to be one of South Korea's worst, made all the more heartbreaking by the likely loss of so many young people, ages 16 or 17. The ship was taking 325 second-year students from Danwon High School in Ansan, about 20 miles south of Seoul, on a four-day trip to the island of Jeju, a popular South Korean tourist destination.

The captain, 68-year-old Lee Joon-seok, was jailed on five counts of charges including negligence of duty and violation of maritime law. Two crewmembers were also arrested, including a mate who a prosecutor said was steering in challenging waters unfamiliar to her when the accident occurred.

The Associated Press identified the two crewmembers in custody as helmsman Cho Joon-ki, 55, and the ship's 25-year-old third mate, identified only by her surname, Park. Another helmsman, Park Kyung-nam, identified the third mate as Park Han-kyul.

Senior prosecutor Yang Jung-jin told reporters that the third mate was steering the ship Wednesday morning as it passed through an area with lots of islands clustered together and fast currents. Investigators said the accident came at a point where the ship had to make a turn, and prosecutor Park Jae-eok said investigators were looking at whether the third mate ordered a turn so sharp that it caused the vessel to list.

Yang said the third mate hadn't steered in the area before because another mate usually handles those duties, but she took the wheel this time because heavy fog caused a departure delay. Yang said investigators do not know whether the ship was going faster than usual.

more news here: www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/0...dies-arrest/7900493/
Love is You.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by kimloveeun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Chars

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83483

• Chars
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 111
image_2014-04-20.jpg

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83491

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 16059
hi ! everyone,,im back:)
many of us were very shock about the incident..
so unlucky,,
i also know the feeling of lose.,losing hoe..
but the key there s we dont have to forget that someone will help us to carry on ..
specially to those victim's families and loved ones.
you cannot really hide to yourself to feel pity on those people.,crying bcoz they know theres no possibility that their loved ones that is still missing is still alive.
acceptance is the only way whatever the result is.
dont forget GOD..and he has plans why he did this..
anothe tragedy,but many of us hoping theres till hope after this..
let us just think that this is god's challenge,testing how brave we are..
keep holding on.! unity..
i personally gives my sorry to those victims, victim's families and loved ones who are left behind.
even you feel so down guys.all i can say life is sometimes unfair, it really is.but we should accept. after this,hope all well be right,all well be okay,
if not this time, soon..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~hold!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83492

• Pony
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 111
Pray for survivors and families, relatives, friends, lovers of the missing and deceased ones have strong hearts to continue the life.

The deceased please rest in peace.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Pony.

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83493

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Thank you for the news update @kimloveeun, for prayers @Chars and @Pony we need to unite to pray for those who perished and hoping for miracles, @Nicole.... good to see u back! and thank u for the words of encouragement...they are very encouraging. let us all be strong in what's ahead.

sis Elana, we will not forget the sad events that happened not only in Korea but also in the different parts of the world.

Let us continue to pray for them.
Thank you... it means a lot to the families too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Nicole Park, hacci143, Chars

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83494

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
May I share this...

Pope Prays for Victims of Ferry Disaster

Pope Francis on Saturday offered his condolences to the families of victims in the ferry disaster off Korea's southwest coast.

"Please join me in praying for the victims of the ferry disaster in Korea and their families," the pontiff tweeted just ahead of Easter Sunday.

Twitter followers around the world joined the pope in his call for prayers. Francis has 12.2 million followers.

The Holy See on Thursday last week, one day after the disaster, told the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Korea that the pope was greatly saddened by the damage and distress and extends his condolences to the bereaved families and the families of the missing passengers.

source: Chosun Ilbo
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Angel88, Chars

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83495

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
People hold a candlelight vigil for missing passengers of the ferry Sewol in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province on Sunday. /Newsis
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Chars

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83612

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I just watch on cable last night.... and most part I can't get the whole conversations... until I read the same story... from Chosun Ilbo.
sharing.....
Ferry Crew Gave False Accounts of Disaster

Accounts by the captain and crew of the ill-fated ferry Sewol that the ship had tilted too much to allow them to reach the cabins and manipulate the life boats have turned out to be completely false.

Photos taken from a Coast Guard ship that arrived first at the scene at around 9:37 a.m. last Wednesday show that they were lying.

Asked whether he attempted to manipulate the life boats, the second mate of the Sewol, who was arrested on Tuesday, said he tried, but it was too difficult to reach them. "We tried everything but kept on slipping and couldn't reach them," police quoted him as saying.

Captain Lee Joon-seok and other crew members all claimed that it was hard even to move around since the boat had already capsized.

But the photos published by the Korea Coast Guard on Tuesday show one rescue worker walking toward the lifeboats on the deck of the Sewol as soon as he boards the ship. He attempted to free the lifeboats starting from the back, but none of them would budge.
In a picture showing the rescue worker investigating the 10th lifeboat, a man believed to be a crewmember is seen running out of the wheelhouse. Clad in a blue work uniform, the man hops on the rescue boat that lies around 5 m away.

That flatly contradicts the account that it was hard to move around.

The rescue worker checked 12 lifeboats but was unable to free them from their casing. He kicked the 13th lifeboat casing and finally succeeded in releasing it into the ocean. But it did not inflate properly as it floated on the surface.

Even when the rescue boat arrived at the scene, no passengers could be spotted on the wide deck and roof. If the captain had instructed the passengers to abandon ship, at least dozens of high school students could have survived.

An official at the joint investigation team said, "In those circumstances any crewmember who was familiar with the ship could have ordered the passengers to leave, but it appears that none of them even bothered to think about the passengers."

Please let us continue to pray for them.
They need all the prayers to help not just those who passed on, but also the families of the victims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

Hundreds Missing After South Korean Ferry Sinks 9 years 11 months ago #83617

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Park Shin Hye revealed to have donated $48,000 for Sewol ferry tragedy relief
April 23, 2014 @ 10:30 am

It's been belatedly revealed that Park Shin Hye donated 50 million won (~$48,100 USD) to relief for the Sewol ferry tragedy.

A rep from Hope Bridge Nationwide Disaster Relief Association, an NGO acknowledged by the South Korean government for disaster relief, told Newsen about the generous donation on April 23, "Park Shin Hye sent the money to Hope Bridge Nationwide Disaster Relief Association's collection account in her name, but we didn't know it was the celebrity Park Shin Hye at first. We later found out. A manager from her agency did not let us know she donated. I think they didn't want it to be known."

S.A.LT Entertainment also stated that like the rest of the nation, Park Shin Hye was very saddened by the tragedy and decided to donate on her own.

The actress previously tweeted on April 18, "Please, please be safe. I hope there is no more harm. I am praying and praying that they all return to their families."

Credit:allkpop

My Note:
Although nothing can really bring back the loved ones of many but it does matter to let them know that people are with them in their time of grief
I applaud Shinhye and all the others who are doing whatever they can on their part to try and bring ease into the lives of people suffering in this tragedy.

Shinhye is gem of a girl with a big heart that throbs in tune with others irrespective of wether it's in happiness or sorrow. In this way too she is like many around the world who have the ability to feel empathy for those who are suffering and in pain. This is not the first time that we have seen this and it will definitely will not be the last. It's no wonder that she is loved at home and abroad by many.
She is a celebrity in the real sense.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, hacci143
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds