Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124099

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
Shinhye will be attending the Chanel Fashion Show on the 4th!!!!

Sorry guys if i am starting this thread too early for the event.. im just really excited. :-V :shy:
Im hoping that shell be on the front row!
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by irene_xxvi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, kimloveeun, librajapan, Jenzzy, jhen30

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124101

• irene_xxvi
Additional info.. :)

Chanel to host fashion show in Seoul
By Park Si-soo

French luxury fashion house Chanel will stage its first fashion show in Korea in May.

Bruno Pavlovsky, president of Chanel fashion, said in an interview that the show will be held at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), a multifunctional exhibition hall in eastern Seoul, on May 4.

The DDP has hosted a variety of fashion-related events, including Seoul Fashion Week, the biggest fashion event in the country, in October.

Seoul is one of the three cities, along with New York and Rome, in which Chanel has decided to show off its collections this year.

"It's meaningful in that Chanel has recognized Korea as an important market," a fashion industry insider said. "Chanel seems to have made the decision after taking into account Korea's still big growth potential and its influence on the massive Chinese market."

She said Korea has emerged in recent years as a trendsetter in China's fashion industry, which was largely attributable to the popularity of Korean musicians and entertainers there.

Chanel has shown stable sales growth in Korea, thanks largely to deep-pocketed Chinese visitors who are greeted by luxury brands for their lavish spending habits at duty free shops and department stores.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2015/03/123_172468.html

Chanel Selects an Architectural Wonder as the Location for Its Seoul Show
April 30, 2015 — 03:45PM

The Dongdaemun Design Plaza in Seoul, Korea
Photo: Getty Image

The fashion won’t be the only star of Chanel’s Resort show in Seoul, South Korea, on May 4. Karl Lagerfeld and his team have selected Zaha Hadid’s Dongdaemun Design Plaza as the venue for the presentation. First opened to the public in April 2014, the building is no stranger to fashion—its undulating rooms and winding hallways have already played host to Seoul fashion week.

Chanel’s decision to show its collection in Hadid’s latest creation is in line with high fashion’s current love affair with architecture. Two days after the Chanel show, Louis Vuitton will show its Resort collection in the equally futuristic Bob Hope Estate in Palm Springs, California, a counter to LV’s own feat of architecture, the Fondation Louis Vuitton designed by Frank Gehry in the Bois du Boulogne in Paris. In New York, Max Mara collaborated with the Renzo Piano Building Workshop on a Whitney-inspired handbag; in Milan, Prada is working with Rem Koolhaas on an art center.

The trend toward architectural partnerships might have been started by Lagerfeld himself, who often selects outstanding venues for his Chanel presentations. (Few will forget his recent trip to a private island in Dubai for Resort 2014 or Versailles the year prior.) Lagerfeld also has a longstanding relationship with Hadid, who designed the setting for Chanel’s Spring 2012 underwater-themed runway show, as well as the Chanel Mobile Art Center in New York’s Central Park in 2008. He has cited her as his favorite architect, with whom he hopes to build a permanent library, and stressed the importance of the relationship between fashion and architecture repeatedly, telling Wallpaper in 2006, “Architecture stimulates fashion. The systematic relations of both can last in time and space for quite a long period.” Seems like the rest of fashion is coming around to the Lagerfeld way.

Trends / Industry: Chanel Seoul Fashion Show Venue - Zaha Hadid Architecture, Dongdaemun Design Plaza Korea
www.style.com/trends/industry/2015/chane...l-fashion-show-venue
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by irene_xxvi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Lina507, verfir, Maris, starfire182921, kimloveeun, librajapan, narjess89, Jenzzy, meyergsi and this user have 1 others thankyou

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124108

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Oh hello sis @irene....
Are you back for good? for real?
we missed you here :)
please come by more often...
of course....i know where to reach you
but it's different if we see you here :unsure: ;)

Hope to see you around sis....

:luvluv: :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, Maris, kimloveeun, librajapan, jhen30

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124131

• verfir
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1679
I am looking forward to seeing our princess in CHANEL outfit. Since CHANEL is Top brand, I think only those A class celebrities will be invited. And I am happy PSH is one of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, Maris, librajapan, Jenzzy, meyergsi, xThaylah

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124136

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Oh I am excited! Thank you sis @irene for starting this forum. I have a feeling that Shinhye will be one of Chanel guests. I am hoping she will be Chanel's new face in Asia. :blush:

Chanel will showcase its recent Métiers d’Art show in New York City (shown at end of March) and will also be be bringing its forthcoming Cruise collection to South Korea, before the next Métiers d’Art show in Rome next December.

On March 31 in New York City, Chanel reshowed the Paris-Salzburg collection that was first presented on December 2 at the Schloss Leopoldskron, a sumptuous palace in the snowy Austrian city of Salzburg.
cr: luxuo

Let us take a look at Chanel...
Fall-Winter 2015/16 Ready-to-Wear CHANEL Show

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Lina507, Nicole Park, Maris, starfire182921, librajapan, Jenzzy, meyergsi, xThaylah, Lorrssinz

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124157

• irene_xxvi
Jenzzy wrote:
Oh hello sis @irene....
Are you back for good? for real?
we missed you here :)
please come by more often...
of course....i know where to reach you
but it's different if we see you here :unsure: ;)

Hope to see you around sis....

:luvluv: :ding:

And I also miss staying here in our lovely community!
Ill try to post more often but cant make promises. ;)

@nu2me thats a bright idea sis! I hope shell be Chanel's face in Asia. And if not seeing her in the front row, middle part on the seats will be great! :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Lina507, Nicole Park, Maris, Jenzzy

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124161

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
I can't wait to see what she'll wear on that day and hoping that she'll surprise us with a catwalk..Heheheh. I remember she did a runway before, not sure if it was for Japanese designer or Korean, but yes I would love to see her again do her catwalk. I wonder if there's a celebrity that would act as a muse or whatever you call them, they usually reappear again with the designer...I'm not sure if there's a correct term for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Nicole Park, Maris, Jenzzy, Lorrssinz

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124178

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
:) yes sis @lukaforLove, sometimes in Fashion shows, the designer usually takes his/her bow for the audience... sometimes they pull their 'muse' with them to walk briefly towards the front then turn around for the applause. Fashion world is pretty exciting and glamorous.... we won't want to know what happens behind the scene prior to a fashion show.... all the tensions, the competition, the seriousness, the secrecy, the jealousy and so on.... There are bright sides as well. The friendships form, the glamour, if you are a super model and a fav of the designer, gets a fabulous dress! There are perks aside from the pay! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, Jenzzy, Lorrssinz

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124189

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
I will be the happiest if Chanel engage her as their new face in Asia. :woohoo:

Thanks everyone for the awesome updates.

Welcome back Irene. We miss you very much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, verfir, Maris, Jenzzy, meyergsi, irene_xxvi

4th May 2015 Chanel Fashion Show 8 years 10 months ago #124224

• Lorrssinz
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 311
One of those Chanel event in Seoul

The show will start at 7 pm
CECxR3cVIAAf_mQ.jpg

Buit this event is not the event SHinhye will be into .
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, meyergsi
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.993 seconds