Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139200

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Oh do i have to give my hugs and kisses now LOL.....

hugs and kisses to all my lovely sisters in this 3MAD thread
I am missing our Oksunbong couple too.....i wonder if they are still in touch
I will be following all your posts here.....please continue spazzing :)

:luvluv: :ding:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhen30, Paris35, fgnuva, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139205

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
DOH wrote:
Sis@jurnoexpat
Thanks for the PoP quiz. I am looking forward to the recipe for the pork ribs as I have posted the request for this recipe in Chat Room too.

I re-watch 3MAD Ep17 and found the ingredients to be quite the same as for the BBQ Kalbi. I need reconfirmation from any of the korean sisters here.

Sis@DOH, I tried to find that pork recipe with the glass noodle but couldn't find it on the internet (if you search glass noodle, usually chapchae comes up). Wonder what it is called. It's not exactly bulgogi or galbi but pretty similar to galbi. She used grated asian pear, soy sauce, soju, plum juice, probably sugar, garlic and marinated the meat overnight. As for her shabu shabu recipe, she used mainly soy sauce, sugar, and soju. I tried to remake the noodle soup she made in her first appearance where she made a broth using anchovy, kelp, radish/daikon, green onion with her condiment of soy sauce, sugar, chopped onion, green chili pepper, green onion. Don't taste the same as Shin Hye's, of course, but at least I attempted it. I also tried to do her tomato kimchee where she put chives, radish/daikon, onion, garlic, tomatoes and the sauce: anchovy sauce, sugar, korean red pepper flakes (not the spicy one), sesame and maybe something else but I didn't and it tasted fine.

Even though I tried hard not to ship Taec & Shin Hye (it's a constant struggle with me), but I enjoy reading your posts, keep it coming sisters. Maybe if they collab on something in the future then we can have a Taecshin ship, or a TMAD couple, farmer couple..... ;)
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by yummiejeu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, jhen30, Paris35, fgnuva

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139208

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Yes, sis@yummiejeu. I searched on the internet too and Japchae or Kalbi comes out. I think the Tomato Kimchee recipe was posted somewhere in the forum. I will try out the kalbi marinade and let you know what happen after that. Problem is we do not know the taste of SH's dish so we are unable to compare if it is right or wrong, hehehe....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, jhen30, fgnuva, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139218

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Hello sisters! Am happy to read the posts here. For a while we ran out of things to discuss in this forum...am glad someone brought up the recipes. Thanks to sisters @yummijeu and @DOH for engaging us in his exchange of recipes. Wasn't this the intent of the variety show anyway?
I wonder are the recipes from 3MAD posted somewhere sisters? We can actually start annotating them. We can go by episode and work out from there. I think it's a good idea to exchange thoughts and swap variations or alternatives.
Am not into the meat dishes but I like the veggies. Just curious, is it Korean style that you wrap food in lettuce or any leafy veg and eat it that way? I think it is certainly a healthy way of eating.
Another thing: About how many "side dishes" are normally served per meal?
Also are meals served for breakfast lunch and supper the same? Or is it like there are dishes that are kind of breakfast options and different sets for lunch and supper?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhen30, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139220

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Ah it was sis@journoexpat in her pop quiz who got sisters @yummijeu and @DOH into recipe hunting...thanks.
Sis@Sagitandra we're all still here lurking quietly for want of anything to discuss...
BTW I wonder (am always wondering sisters mianhe) if it was someone from this forum who opened a TaecShin page on FB. I just caught a glimpse of it and clicked "like" then it was gone.
I'm curious because I thought it was only us in this site who are into the Oksunbong unofficial couple.
The bingu is jumping up and down the stage in Japan and the lady is into her classes so are they keeping in touch? Is there a way to know?
The t-shirt messaging I have some suspicion too..but maybe only for Taecyeon. First huge "Park" then "Show me the face". There are other shirts Taecyeon wore with smaller prints but had some interesting messages. (I forgot them.)
I think when i was much younger tshirts actually became our individual or you might call personalized message boards. Possibly Taecyeon is doing the same. People read what's written and since it's on one's chest it is a message coming from one's heart and/or mind.
So I think it wasn't just coincidence he wore the "Park" shirt first then "Show me the face". Interesting too that he wore them minutes apart. Did he soil the shirt so he had to change or was he asked to change?
In one episode too he wore a shirt where the print seemed to have been scratched off or was smudged off by black pen or something.
So given this premise Taecyeon be using the "ancient" approach of scribbling (altho he didn't scribble here) as a means of communication. Sisters what does "NYPM" mean? It's a brand name for something. But what could be the message?

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139221

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Sisters @journoexpat @Sidy @yummiejeu shall we find help together? We seem to be stricken with a virus called "Oksunbong strain" causing "3MAD-ness" and "TaecShin fever". While we're surviving through patches of discussion posts what we really need is long-term weekly treatment of variety or drama shots. :)
Hello sisters! :)

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139223

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Sis @Jenzzy you too need that weekly treatment huh? :)
Since our medication is long time coming and we don't know if there are any producer-physicians on duty in this site it seems the emergency room here is packed but no suitable or available physician on duty. We've all got to apply our own first aid treatment. :)
In my case it's Wonderful Days drug, nightly dose of at least one episode ha!ha! Am at ep 42 hurrah! :)
What are your first aid remedy sisters? :)
Nighty nite everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhen30

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139224

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Sis@journoexpat, am thinking... He was grade 4 when he brought the ring all the way to Busan to present to his "first love". He must have been what 9, 10 or 11 years old? He was quite "manly" already. BTW isn't Busan a long way off from Seoul? Are children allowed to travel on their own? Or maybe Taecyeon went with a buddy or a chaperone? (ooops I'm dating myself here... dear younger sisters a "chaperone" is simply another word for "companion")

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139225

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
BTW sis@journoexpat your figments of imagination are most welcome. Pls keep them coming. We enjoy them. :)

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139229

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
fgnuva wrote:
Hello sisters! Am happy to read the posts here. For a while we ran out of things to discuss in this forum...am glad someone brought up the recipes. Thanks to sisters @yummijeu and @DOH for engaging us in his exchange of recipes. Wasn't this the intent of the variety show anyway?
I wonder are the recipes from 3MAD posted somewhere sisters? We can actually start annotating them. We can go by episode and work out from there. I think it's a good idea to exchange thoughts and swap variations or alternatives.
Am not into the meat dishes but I like the veggies. Just curious, is it Korean style that you wrap food in lettuce or any leafy veg and eat it that way? I think it is certainly a healthy way of eating.
Another thing: About how many "side dishes" are normally served per meal?
Also are meals served for breakfast lunch and supper the same? Or is it like there are dishes that are kind of breakfast options and different sets for lunch and supper?

Sis@fgnuva, I thought I saw 3MAD season 1 recipe book somewhere but don't remember where. I think it was only in Korean and no English version (correct me if I am wrong). I love food so I eat all type...Korean, Vietnamese, Italian, Filipino etc.... Occasionally I go eat at ALL YOU CAN EAT Korean BBQ and you have option of wrapping the meat in lettuce, rice wrapper, pickled radish slices with other condiments and dip in sauce or can just eat it with rice. They usually bring several side dishes (banchan) and how many varies at different restaurants (some 4 or more but in 3MAD they usually had only about 1, 2 or 3 dishes). I am not Korean but I do like eating Korean food. Not sure about their breakfast, lunch. So if any sisters out there who are korean, we appreciate it if you can elaborate about that and correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, the Vietnamese also wrap some of their food with lettuce.
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds