Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139890

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
fgnuva wrote:
Sis@journoexpat, am thinking... He was grade 4 when he brought the ring all the way to Busan to present to his "first love". He must have been what 9, 10 or 11 years old? He was quite "manly" already. BTW isn't Busan a long way off from Seoul? Are children allowed to travel on their own? Or maybe Taecyeon went with a buddy or a chaperone? (ooops I'm dating myself here... dear younger sisters a "chaperone" is simply another word for "companion")

Hi sis@fgnuva, I am back to my overseas post after spending four days with my family back in my home country and I am now ready to answer your questions and let us try to revive this thread which is very close to our hearts :)

I agree with you that at a very young age, he is quite romantic, very manly and adult-like as he gave a ring, neither a candy nor flowers were enough for him and did not even consider the consequences of his actions of giving away his mother's ring and even asked for the girl to take good care of it :)

It did not say if he went back to Busan on his own, but based on my experience, to get to Busan via KTX or Korean Express Train will be more than two hours. But I bet there was no KTX then when Taec was a boy so going on a bus, I think will take more than four hours.

But if he indeed went alone to Busan just to see his first love then this boy is not only romantic but very adventurous indeed :)
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by journoexpat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, fgnuva, Sagitandra

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139891

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
fgnuva wrote:
BTW sis@journoexpat your figments of imagination are most welcome. Pls keep them coming. We enjoy them. :)

Okay since no one answered the pop quiz and instead people searched for recipes, I will answer my own pop quiz ( I guess,this is some kind of cheating :) Shin Hye put vermicelli noodles ( it is either mung bean or potato noodles but definitely not rice noodles because the noodles were translucent), both in her shabu-shabu dish and the pork ribs. On episode 3, she cooked and mixed the noodles with the other ingredients after Taec made the mojitos. If I am not mistaken she even told Taec that the noodles were already cooked and when Taec tasted them, he said "amazing" and the camera focused on Shin Hye's sweet smile, appreciating Taec's reaction.

For episode 17, when dinner was served, Taec first grabbed a long strand of noodle to eat. During the first season, Taec had often admitted that noodles are his favorites.

And as for the recipes, there is a recipe book of all the dishes cooked during TMAD season 1 but it's in Korean :) I don't know if the producers intend to come up with a similar recipe book for season 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, fgnuva, Sagitandra

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139892

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
fgnuva wrote:
Hello sisters! Am happy to read the posts here. For a while we ran out of things to discuss in this forum...am glad someone brought up the recipes. Thanks to sisters @yummijeu and @DOH for engaging us in his exchange of recipes. Wasn't this the intent of the variety show anyway?
I wonder are the recipes from 3MAD posted somewhere sisters? We can actually start annotating them. We can go by episode and work out from there. I think it's a good idea to exchange thoughts and swap variations or alternatives.
Am not into the meat dishes but I like the veggies. Just curious, is it Korean style that you wrap food in lettuce or any leafy veg and eat it that way? I think it is certainly a healthy way of eating.
Another thing: About how many "side dishes" are normally served per meal?
Also are meals served for breakfast lunch and supper the same? Or is it like there are dishes that are kind of breakfast options and different sets for lunch and supper?

Hi sis@fgnuva, with regard to the "side dishes", restaurants commonly offered of course the cabbage kimchi, pickled radish, pickled lotus, sweet anchovies with nuts, egg roll, blanch spinach and other green leafy vegetables to wrap the meat in. I so love the samgyupsal or the pork belly BBQ dish which you need to sprinkle with a bit of fine-grained salt and wrap in any green leafy veggies and Koreans also eat it together with garlic.

I observed that most Korean restos only served one specialty dish. If the resto is a chicken joint, it only served chicken, different types but if I remember it correctly, the chicken restos do not provide side dishes because they serve beer to accompany the chicken. The galbi restos ( or grilled or BBQ restos) are everywhere some offer both beef and pork belly ( samgyupsal) and they serve various side dishes, I consider these restos as the traditional restaurants because most of them still require you to remove your shoes. I remember when we ate in one of the hole in the wall galbi restos, they even served two medium-sized fish as a side dish, I even told my friends that if we knew fish would be served, we should not have ordered the meat :)

But if you want, an instant Korean fare, just buy the instant Korean ramen ( the spicy or hot one if you can like) and then put cheese in the soup, it is quite good and was even one of the more popular fares in the modern restaurants where we dined which offered both Korean and Western food.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139893

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Sis@yummiejeu
Today I tried the pork ribs with glass noodles using the BBQ Kalbi marinade and it is okay. The pork is very soft and juicy but a bit sweet. I will cut down on the honey the next time as the Korean pear is also sweet. I don't have soju so I used cooking wine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139934

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Thanks sis@journoexpat for all the elucidations. Much appreciated. Will post some more thoughts etc in a couple of days when I have read more or watched again 2MAD.
Recipes are interesting. Thanks to sisters who have shared their own versions. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139944

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Since we are lacking in updates on Shin Hye these days....
Let me go back to a show that is close to my heart :)

web_2038797528_0ba93ac1_Download_2015_06_23_15_13_40-19.jpg

missing you Shin Hye.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Ma-Lang-Zaa, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, Paris35, IntoTheBlue, fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #139969

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
DOH wrote:
Sis@yummiejeu
Today I tried the pork ribs with glass noodles using the BBQ Kalbi marinade and it is okay. The pork is very soft and juicy but a bit sweet. I will cut down on the honey the next time as the Korean pear is also sweet. I don't have soju so I used cooking wine.

Cool! Did it look like the one Shin Hye made? Too bad we couldn't taste Shin Hye's pork dish and compare it with your recipe. :( Wouldn't it be great if we had TV where we can smell and taste the food. =D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, fgnuva, Sagitandra

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #140316

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
TVN FB update.....Really missing this show

CT2e406UEAAXtz0.jpg

CT2e409UsAARBUj.jpg

CT2e41JUwAAVZjh.jpg

CT2e41IUcAAoNjh.jpg

ctto
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Ma-Lang-Zaa, seirazde, klebis, Paris35, IntoTheBlue, fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #140640

• Sagitandra
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 426
Dear all sisters,

Woaah, tvN also updated about our lovely Shinhye when she was in Three Meals a Day show. By the way, I really love Shinhye's expressions when she was eating there. How cute she was! :luvluv: Hmm..TvN probably miss our Shinhye and Taecyeon moments, too. Hahaa :luvluv: See, not only us who craves for this Oksunbong 'unofficial couple' but also TvN. Lol =D This unofficial couple is just magic. Their chemistry is undeniable and unforgettable. Hehee :heartsh:

P.S. Thanks sis @Jenzzy for posting Shinhye's picture when she was holding the stick and hood, it's kinda cute for me. :kiss: :kiss:
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Sagitandra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, yummiejeu

2015 PARK SHIN HYE In Three Meals A Day 8 years 5 months ago #140642

• Sagitandra
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 426
Dear sis @journoexpat So, no winner for your pop quiz since no one answered. Hahaa =D Alright, I will keep the reward 'my big hugs' for the next pop quizzes. :P And the answer is 'vermicelli noodles' obviously. I also missed this answer. Lol. =X Yes, indeed, one of Taecyeon's favorite foods is noodle. Hmmm..I have no words again for this..these two are compatible each other. :)
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Sagitandra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.367 seconds