• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
yummiejeu wrote:
Taecyeon from dkim1's ig
Cr: dkim1's ig and 2pmalways

CUllOYBWoAAqeYY.jpg

Look like Taec gave a speech for KOICA.

wow, speech for Koica in front of the Seoul Foreign Correspondents' Club, impressive. But I think Taec can handle himself in front of the press :)

Thanks sis@yummiejeu for the pic and info :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141038

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
yummiejeu wrote:
journoexpat wrote:
And this despite, Taec's long-time ideal woman Ha Ji Won is also in the poll and among the top 10, so TVN is also definitely shipping, err, match-making :D

And since it was TVN and PD Na who were responsible for bringing us the unofficial Oksunbong couple, then it is their duty as entertainment providers to put TY-PSH together in a project :pray:

sis@journoexpat (good that you are back) & Sis@fgnuva, Yes, we need our daily dose of Mr. Sunshine. He does have that knack to make me smile. Just like sis@journoexpat mentioned about putting TY-PSY together in a project, you still have one year to go before he enlists in the military. Thanks for mentioning those happy times at TMAD (believe it or not, I still watch TMAD once in a while when I need my happy time mood). Hmmmm....eventhough Ha Ji Won was his long time ideal woman...wonder who it is now...? ;)

Hmm, I also wonder :) Please give me a hint sis@yummiejeu :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141057

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:

Hmmmm....eventhough Ha Ji Won was his long time ideal woman...wonder who it is now...? ;)

Hmm, I also wonder :) Please give me a hint sis@yummiejeu :)

Hi sisters in this forum!
Ha! Ha! Shall we hold a rally in front if tvN office and home of PD Na? Like what Taecyeon's character did in Assembly? Ha! Ha! (if I can travel why not?)
I think I know who can tell us who is Taecyeon's ideal girl now... Wouldn't that be Nikhun? Anyone close to Nikhun? He might know... :)

Sisters there's an event tomorrow Taecyeon is presenting award?

Looking forward to updates from sisters... Take care everyone
Have good Wednesday everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141059

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
source : www.koreaboo.com/news/110553/

Taecyeon calls out scalpers for selling overpriced concert tickets to fans

2PM member Ok Taecyeon is not happy with scalpers who are reselling tickets to fans at an overpriced amount and has voiced out his discontent in a recent tweet.

On November 25th, Taecyeon wrote on his Twitter account, “Really agents… They buy tickets that are already expensive and sell them for many times the price… Isn’t it illegal to have people buy tickets for you and then reselling them for an extremely high price? Not even at the same price or cheaper but at an extremely higher cost…”

While it isn’t known which concert he is relating this post to, whether it is a 2PM-related event, or just K-pop events in general, this isn’t the first time a celebrity has spoken up about scalpers.

Agencies and production companies have even taken steps in the past few months to stop the re-selling of tickets at a higher price than advertised such as SIVA Group for Epik High‘s U.S. concert and SM Entertainment with Super Junior Kyuhyun‘s and Girls’ Generation Taeyeon‘s solo concerts.

With K-pop concerts in-demand all over the world, scalpers have taken advantage of fans,scamming hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141060

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Good thing that Taecyeon raised this issue. I think majority of his fans were unable to get tickets for his 3-event, 2-day Okcat meeting because tickets were sold out immediately. Then, there were reports that tickets were available at the black market, hiked up twice or even three times the original price. And some even reportedly hold bidding for the prime seats.

So many of his fans tweeted about it and he promptly responded.

However, the article failed because it did not do its research why Taec tweeted about scalpers and exorbitantly-priced tickets. It mentioned concerts of other artists but did not know about Taec's Okcat meetings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141067

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
yummiejeu wrote:
Taecyeon from dkim1's ig

CUllOYBWoAAqeYY.jpg

Saw a video of a news report and new pics of Taecyeon during yesterday's"Happy Hours" of the Seoul Foreign Correspondents' Club where he represented the Korean International Cooperation Agency. I think he spoke about his KOICA experience of volunteering in Tanzania. Proud of Taec since being in front of the audience composed of foreign and local media, and also diplomats and other government officers, I don't see any hint of nervousness in him. Being a former member of foreign correspondents association in my country, I used to attend such events where influential guests in politics, foreign missions,public service, business and entertainment would be invited to talk and answer questions from both foreign and local media. And I don't know if it is the same in Korea, but in my country, you have to pay to be able to attend such press conference. Because if it is the same, then many media practitioners paid just to be able to listen to Taec's speech and asked him questions :)

Also, I think this is the first step for him to help KOICA with its mission to help poor countries. Isn't KOICA one of the reasons why he took up his masters on international studies? KOICA can be found in so many countries helping the poor communities.
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by journoexpat.

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141068

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Likewise, his appearance at the Seoul Correspondents' Club is a great preview for his forthcoming documentary on Bolivia. Hats off to the organisers of the Club cause they invited Taec before the airing of the documentary.

Taec's appearance for KOICA reminded me of the time he appeared beside their president, Park Geun-hye, during a meeting to boost tourism in South Korea. I think it was back in 2013 and he was the only entertainer invited to talk on behalf of the entertainment industry.

Is politics or public service in Taec's future? I think he has the making of a good public servant, perhaps he will be Korea's future Justin Trudeau ( or maybe I am just not thinking straight, too many late nights monitoring for news updates :1 )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141072

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:
Taecyeon from dkim1's ig

CUllOYBWoAAqeYY.jpg

Saw a video of a news report and new pics of Taecyeon during yesterday's"Happy Hours" of the Seoul Foreign Correspondents' Club where he represented the Korean International Cooperation Agency. I think he spoke about his KOICA experience of volunteering in Tanzania. Proud of Taec since being in front of the audience composed of foreign and local media, and also diplomats and other government officers, I don't see any hint of nervousness in him. Being a former member of foreign correspondents association in my country, I used to attend such events where influential guests in politics, foreign missions,public service, business and entertainment would be invited to talk and answer questions from both foreign and local media. And I don't know if it is the same in Korea, but in my country, you have to pay to be able to attend such press conference. Because if it is the same, then many media practitioners paid just to be able to listen to Taec's speech and asked him questions :)

Also, I think this is the first step for him to help KOICA with its mission to help poor countries. Isn't KOICA one of the reasons why he took up his masters on international studies? KOICA can be found in so many countries helping the poor communities.

Thanks sis@journoexpat for the information and explaining it. Wow, I didn't realize that there are influential people attending this foreign correspondence club. I thought it was for small group in the university. I'm glad that Taec is trying to help the poor. He must be good at speech. You made a good point, of whether he will do politics or public service in the future....sort of reminded me of his recent drama Assembly (what a coincidence, hee hee).
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141083

• avrylle19
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 274

credit to 2PMAlways fb

[TRANS] 151125 2PM's #Taecyeon says that KOICA has changed his direction in life

On the 24th November, in Seoul, the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) invited more than 50 foreign correspondents from around the world to participate and gather at the Korea News centre, to hold a discussion and a sharing session. Korea's famous idol group 2PM's Ok Taecyeon had appear at the sharing session as well.

- KOICA's philosophy and future plans etc-

2PM's Taecyeon had presented on his experience during his trip in KOICA'S Dream in Tanzania and said "3 years ago through KOICA's Dream project I had a chance to travel to Tanzania to do public service/community work. My undergraduate studies were 'Business Administration', and through this particular participation in the project initiated by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), it got me to apply for 'International Studies/Relations' for my postgraduate studies. It's because of the project by KOICA and the community work that I have done and experienced which changed my direction in life."

Article: www.y3600.com/hanguo/yulexinwen/2015/11/25/99459.html

Please take out with FULL credits
CHN > ENG: @MYBOYTAEC
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by avrylle19.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, Sagitandra

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141128

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Taecyeon on the red carpet during Nov 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards

Always impressive :ding:

taecblue1.jpg

taecblue2.jpg

taecblue3.jpg

taecblue4.jpg

pics credit as tagged
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, Xiaohye27, Sagitandra
Time to create page: 1.561 seconds