Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010

WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25847

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 90
November 14, is World Diabetes Day.This day was created to warn people about this evil, which unfortunately is still one of the biggest killers in the world.

As this is an international forum on Park Shin Hye, I thought it might be appropriate to put this topic here, since I always see Shin Hye concerned with social and humanitarian causes...

I am a diabetic for almost 10 years and would like to share this question with you.

The foundation is a campaign for education and prevention of diabetes.
The color of the campaign is blue, therefore,this campaign will ask for people who, on November 14, Blue View. On that day, various monuments throughout the world are illuminated with the color blue in honor of this campaign.

This day was introduced in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) in response to the alarming rise in diabetes around the world. In 2007, the United Nations marked the Day for the first time with the passage of the United Nations World Diabetes Day Resolution in December 2006, which made the existing World Diabetes Day an official United Nations World Health Day.

In this year, campaign slogan is: "Let's take control of diabetes. Now."

Please help publicize this campaign!

More informations:www.worlddiabetesday.com

WDD-poster-collage-450px.jpg

www.worlddiabetesday.org/node/6508
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25848

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
2010 marks the second year of the five-year focus on 'Diabetes education and prevention", the theme selected for World Diabetes Day 2009-2013. The campaign calls on all those responsible for diabetes care to take control of diabetes. Now. For the general public and people at high risk of diabetes, the campaign aims to raise awareness and disseminate tools for prevention. For people with diabetes, the focus will be on disseminating tools to improve knowledge of the disease in order to better understand it and prevent complications. For governments and policy-makers, efforts will go towards communicating the cost-effective implications of diabetes prevention strategies and promoting diabetes education as a core component of diabetes management and treatment.
Credits:worlddiabetesday.org
www.worlddiabetesday.org/en/the-campaign

WDD_logo_EN_200px.jpg

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25849

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
WDD MONUMENT CHALLENGE

In 2009, the popularity of the World Diabetes Day Blue Monument Challenge was confirmed with 1036 monuments and buildings lighting in blue to mark World Diabetes Day. In 2010, the initiative will continue, with the aim of strengthening the link between the lightings and diabetes by encouraging the global diabetes community to use the blue lightings as the venue for all World Diabetes Day-related grassroots activities and events.
Particular focus will be placed on activities promoting physical activity, with the aim of stimulating participation, particularly of people with diabetes, and interactivity in order to convey a positive and empowering message.
Credits:www.worlddiabetesday.org
You can see in the site,the map which tells you what parts of the world there will be monuments illuminated in blue:

www.worlddiabetesday.org/en/activities/wdd-monument-challenge

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25865

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Hi Ana,
Thanks for sharing the loads and info.
Hoping your health is getting better and please do take care yea.
HUGGS.

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25875

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Thank u Ana for sharing this important info on Diabetes.

It hits close to home. I hope and pray that you will be able to overcome this continuous hurdle. We are here for you dear.

I will surely share this information here at the office and to friends as many as I could reach.

Take care and big Hugs to you. Love you ! :kiss:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25877

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
Hi people!

Thank you for your support! :)

I think it's important to disclose causes like this, the World Diabetes Day

I am the bearer of an aggressive type of disease, called labile diabetes, which means it is difficult to control, requiring several different doses of insulin and glucose testing (fingertip) per day. However, I live it well, and rightfully so, I try to help other diabetics as much as possible, because there are many uninformed and others that are very rebellious and do not care right. I believe it does not happen only in Brazil but worldwide. So what can I do,I do ...

I'm even preparing a blog on the subject. Maybe in November he is ready and then I will disclose here. ;)

Hugs and thank you again !
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, betsy, elankham

Re: WORLD DIABETES DAY 2010 13 years 5 months ago #25951

• betsy
  • Live.Love.Laugh
  • Thank you received: 1654
oh thank you for sharing it here :)

info. dissemination is really a great help so people all over the world will know such important info.

health is wealth...a cliche yet so true...let's all take care of our health :)

degenerative dses. as such, controlling + prompt compliance is the key..

Ana, we'll support you~! GO FIGHT WIN~!!!

also, it's breast cancer awareness month...
GO FIGHT WIN ladies~!!!!!! :) :) :)

\"I help you because (I love you) you are my butler, and a master should provide his/her butler\'s needs\"--Nagi
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds