Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Calmingly Blooming Life Force, Park Shin Hye Interview

The Calmingly Blooming Life Force, Park Shin Hye Interview 11 years 2 months ago #65616

• SnowWhite
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 400
This is an interview that Shinhye gave couple days ago. She talks about her carrer, tour, life, etc. About a lot of stuff.
It's a really great interview. :luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv:
Shinhye is really honest here :heartsh: well she ALWAYS IS :D :D

Attracted to the lovely loner Go Dok-mi

· At the 2012 KBS Acting Awards, you won an award for the drama special Don’t Worry, I’m A Ghost. Congratulations.

SH: Thanks. I gained a lot of strength from that.

· Compared to dramas and movies, are there any charms to one-act specials?

SH: The material itself is distinctive, and the meaning of the drama is more implicative. Since you have to pour everything into one episode like directing and expressions, you end up concentrating more and it ends up being filmed like that. (Don’t Worry, I’m A Ghost aired July 15th, 2012 on KBS 2. It’s an unfolding love story of a delivery man Moon Gi (Bong Tae Gyu) who lost his memories in a traffic accident and the ghost who appears in front of him, Yeon Hwa (Park Shin Hye.)

· Besides that special adding an award to your resume, what kind of meaning does that project hold to you?

SH: When You’ve Fallen For Me finished, it was really difficult. I was recovering from a traffic accident. The injuries on my body recovered, but the pain inside lasted longer. The drama was cut an episode due to me getting injured. The staff’s effort and sacrifice seemed like it was in vain, so it hurt me and the burden of whether I could do this again rose. It was difficult physically and mentally, and because of that I could grab the things in front of me correctly. I held an overseas fan meeting in that state and it was hard showing myself like that while meeting people again. While I was recharging after that, I received an offer for Don’t Worry, I’m A Ghost and at first I thought it was just some role of a ghost that came to me all of a sudden. However, as I continued to read, I became assimilated with the character Yeon Hwa. I gained comfort through Yeon Hwa while filming the drama. Yeon Hwa’s words were just like the words I said to myself, so my mind became organized. It became a chance to self examine myself and to self reflect.

· Truthfully, the drama special didn’t get high ratings. It seems like you didn’t have any eye-catching activities after You’ve Fallen For Me. How did you spend 2012?

SH: First I was busy due to attending school. Right now I finished the second semester of my third year. I don’t know if I’ll be able to continue attending to finish the one year I have left this year, but I spent a lot of time in 2012 as a student. I don’t have the personality to just rest just because I don’t have any projects. Since I like studying things, I worked on fixing my bad posture while riding a bicycle or wake boarding. I also filmed the movie The Gift of the Seventh Room. Last year was a year where I did many things that I wanted to do.

· Is your body okay now? Are there any after effects of the car accident?

SH: I’m fine, but when it rains, it really hurts. (Laughs) I originally couldn’t get up on the days that it rained, but after the accident, my body become heavy and uncomfortable and starts hurting two days before it rains. I feel sad that my body feels things like that at my age. When I say “Is it going to rain tomorrow? My body aches,” kids around me ask me what am I saying. Even when I stand for a little bit, my legs swell up. I’ll have to carry the after effects of the car accident for the rest of my life.

· How did you end up being cast in Flower Boy Next Door?

SH: I received the scenario last October when I was finishing filming The Gift of the Seventh Room. The original work (the webtoon I Peek At Him Every Day) is very interesting. Though it is a romantic comedy, Go Dok-mi isn’t a Candy-type or a pitiful, innocent-type of character. I was very worried that people would see Go Dok-mi as a secluded-loner-psycho kind of character, but I was fascinated by the loveliness I could see in her. Since I originally have a bright vitality, I thought it was okay that she was a dark character.

· When you debuted, it seemed like you had a heavy and pale feeling, but it seems like your image is becoming brighter and healthier.

SH: Yes, I became brighter, but I’ll get heavier in this drama. My lines and acting tone are serious here. Since there are flower boy characters in her reality, it is expected that when the fantasy feeling strengthens, it’ll be close to the typical drama style.

· Jung Jung Hwa was the director for the 2008 romantic comedy Sweet Lies and the 2011 drama Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. What kind of discussion did you two have about the character Go Dok-mi?

SH: The director advised that it would be best if I didn’t go too dark. Dok-mi became a reclusive loner due to scars she received from people, but originally, she wasn’t a dark and gloomy character. She is just quiet and timid, but abnormal. While acting, the director emphasized the details, so I was able to live as the character a lot better. All actors communicate with the director well. Since it’s amicable, everyone is protecting something.

· Are there any similar aspects that you share with Go Dok-mi?

SH: Since I do a job that many people see, I do a lot of things at home that I can’t do outside. Despite having a personality where I do things I want to do to some extent, truthfully, I can’t do them all. While there are things that are made while acting, personally, I find acting as that character who’s devoid of feelings to be difficult. I can understand Dok-mi since I have recrived scars from other people too.

· Is there any burden acting a character people have become accustomed to through a webtoon?

SH: According to people who read the comic, the feeling is different. I just act with the feelings that I read. I wonder if I’ll receive various responses from the viewers. However we added some new flower boys to the drama. The love lines changed.

· From the beginning of the year, did the atmosphere become bright? (Laughs) Are you receiving the love from the flower boys?

SH: Yes, first I’m receiving love from Ggae-geum (Enrique Geum – Yoon Si Yoon) and Jillak ([translator's note: It's pronounced as Jillak but you'll probably see it written as Jin-rak] Kim Ji Hoon).

An actress of ten years, acting is still enjoyable fun

· However, you particularly have had a lot of crushes in your works. For example, in Cyrano and You’ve Fallen For Me. Even in Flower Boy Next Door, the set up is that you peek at your neighbor across the street and have a crush on him. Have you had a lot of crushes?

SH: I have once. I really liked him for a long time. In the end, I couldn’t confess to him.

Source: Hallyu Interview

· If you like someone for a long time, doesn’t it become tiring? It’s like my heart doesn’t get rewarded.

SH: I didn’t want to end that relationship, so I wanted to keep him as a crush. As he becomes a person you miss over time, you have to be more careful with him. Later on, my heart that liked him became dull and didn’t see him as a crush, but as a good person, so I don’t think that’s bad.

· What attracted you to The Gift of the Seventh Room that lead to you deciding to appear in the movie?

I read the scenario of the movie while in an airplane and decided then. How I felt about the character Yong Gu (Ryu Seung Ryong) was a big factor. Also many great sunbaes were appearing in the movie (Ryu Seung Ryong, Oh Dal Soo, Park Won Sang, Kim Jung Tae, etc.) It was good that I could act along with some actors where it would be difficult to get them all in one project.

· Since you don’t show up in the trailer, is your character like a hidden card?

I appear as Yong Gu’s grown-up daughter. I don’t show up a lot in the movie, but I’m a character who becomes the gift of the seventh room. It might surprise you when you see it. (Laughs) The movie makes people laugh and can make people cry, it’s so sad it can make people laugh…it’s a movie that has everything.

· When you look at it, you had an unexpected reception to playing a supporting role in Cyrano. Does there seem to be specific criterion to appear in a movie?

I attempt to find characters that I have challenged before in movies. In Cyrano, I had one foot dipped into the character Min Young’s circumstances, but when I dipped the other foot in, I was watching it. It was very interesting. As I’m able to move through characters’ relations as much as I can, I find that interesting. Therefore I can learn more. I’m thankful for when people say “I know why she decided to play that character.”

· You debuted in the 2003 drama Stairway to Heaven and this will be your 10th year since your debut. Do you feel anything?

Truthfully, I don’t feel anything. My dream was not to act when I was younger. I started this work incidentally, and while doing so I’ve been living a new life and meeting a new version of myself, so that’s really amazing. Looking at how the time has slowly gone by to where I’m over 20 years old, it became my reality. Coming back to reality, there are times that I feel pain, but at the crossroads of the ten years that passed, I still think of acting as fun. When I think of things I like as work, everything seems to end there.

· Since you personally think that acting is fun, obstinately grading your report card over the past ten years seems to have no meaning to you.

That’s right. People say “You don’t have the luck of having high ratings”, but to me, what kind of person should I meet and how should I express this emotion have more meaning to me. I’m not the kind of person who really cares about others.

· However, there are intellectuals who say “Can’t I explode more?” Is there a Park Shin Hye work that makes people say “Ah, that one!”? When it comes to your mass appeal, are there any unsatisfying aspects?

Lately it seems that I have to have a strong image so that people remember me. For example, Shin Se Kyung’s “innocent glamour”. I’ve been thinking that if only there was a phrase like that to describe me, I would become a topic of interest, so it seems like I really need something like that. However, people are starting to respond to me a little bit, so I believe that my star will eventually shine. If I consistently do that I’m doing, I think that I can do it for a long time. Say that my star gets too bright and if I end up in a situation where there was absolutely no preparation, that light won’t be able to manage that situation. In order to meet that light, I think that I have to work quite hard now.

· But there is a phrase to describe you. “Randy Shinhye”!

Hahaha. That’s one. (The nickname Randy Shinhye comes from when Park Shin Hye threw out the first pitch at a baseball game. Her form resembled Randy Johnson’s delivery, so that nickname stuck with her.)

· Since when did you like baseball?

When I first threw out the first pitch in 2006, I didn’t have any interest in baseball. However, I went to university and sat and watched the game correctly and it was very interesting. I started to have a lot of interest since then. I supported the Kia Tigers from my parents’ hometown of Gwangju. When they won the title in 2009, there was a big commotion. While I was filming You’re Beautiful, I watched it on the TV in the cafeteria. When Na Ji Won hit the walk-off homerun, I threw my spoon and yelled. I cried, no joke.

· Why is baseball so interesting?

I love the sound of a ball flying into a glove and the sound of the ball coming off of the bat. There’s this feeling of hitting and robbing a home run. Going from first base to second, and from second to third is really exciting. Cheering is also fun, but being full of energy is good.

· When it is depressing socially, sports thrive.

That’s right. That’s why we have to gain vitality like this, though it isn’t living. It’s be great if things like add up. It seems like lately the mountains are disappearing and stadiums are disappearing too. While the buildings are standing, having no places for humans to stand is very disappointing. It’d be good if society changed so that we could live healthily. Lately it’s very chaotic….

· What’s a secret method for healing that only belongs to you?

The puppies at our house. I really like animals. I also like riding my bicycle. My bicycle is a Pixie, so it has no gears, and it speeds up as I pedal. Going up an uphill road is tough (laughs). Watching the flowing river as I listen to music is the best healing for me. Like how it’s cold now, I like to wrap myself up in a warm blanket, eat tangerines and read comics. (Laughs) Lately I’ve been enjoying parties with my friends.
I hope 2013 is a year that governs me well

· We’ll go back to talking about acting. When do you feel that it’s okay to continue living as an actress?

I haven’t thought that. Rather than worry about “it’s okay to live”, I worry whether “I can continue doing this”. This isn’t something where I can say “I want to do this”. I have to put in effort so that people can like me when they see me. As long as I can do it, I want to keep doing it.

· Can you pick three works that ‘created’ Park Shin Hye over the past ten years?

The work that gave me the biggest influence was Stairway to Heaven. The ratings for the first episode were 26 percent. As a child actress, having ratings that high was great. Originally we were supposed to change to the adult actors in the middle of episode 2, but since the ratings were good, we waited until episode 3. The second work would have to be Tree of Heaven, where I got my first lead role. Having a 16 year old girl as the heroine was very difficult, but director Lee Jang Soo said he would make it happen. Lastly, You’re Beautiful was the first project I did when I became an adult. It was when I was able to get my start as the actress Park Shin Hye and not as a child actress.

· The Hallyu Star label has been attached to you because of You’re Beautiful.

That’s right. I was really blessed.

· Do you have any plans of doing overseas activities?

Right now I’m preparing for an overseas fan meeting. I’m expecting an Asian tour that will last about a month and a half, but there’s a lot of talk about having the tour. While there are people who say “What do you mean an Asian tour? Go act or something”, but I think of it as an opportunity given to me. Since it’s possible now, what will I do later if I don’t know how it would turn out? As long as I can do it now, I’ll work hard and do my best.

· I heard you’ve been doing this with your manager for over 9 years. Seeing that, I think of you as a person who doesn’t change.

As I live, he’s the person always by my side, there’s a person I want to things with. While I do this work, there are many meetings and partings that pass. I haven’t changed during that time. There are people who protect me and there people who I want to protect. My manager is one of those people. My friends in high school too. Despite starting this work when I was a kid, I was able to live as the 17-year-old high school student Park Shin Hye because of my friends. Although I have a lot of actor friends and know a lot of oppas and unnies in the entertainment world, I can show my most comfortable side when I’m with my friends.

· Have you ever heard “You’ve changed”?

I’ve heard “it seems like you’ve become really edgy.” I heard those words when it became edgy and I couldn’t look around my surroundings, but that doesn’t mean my character changed. Even my parents hated me being without manners, so they pointed out to me “Who are you? Go outside if you’re going to be like that.” I liked the situation around us and the people, so I could live well. If I was living a good life, I was lonely so I couldn’t live. I was mixing within my bounds, so I had to live.

· The reasons that stars receive a lot of money is due to the price of fame, but it can be the price to all of the stress that celebrities have to endure. There needs to be a process where you can control the rage inside.

That’s right. Though I don’t scream, when I’m alone, I say “That’s annoying!” so people can’t hear it. (Laughs) However I have a positive personality so I quickly forget. Even when I receive scars, it seems like I can overcome because of the people around me. People say the word “public figure”, in a nation of public figures, it’s saying that about a person who is like an acknowledged politician. Although an actor is a job where we show ourselves to people, we don’t live off of citizens’ tax money. Since many people see us, we have a lot of things we have to protect, we’re the same kind of person (as politicians). Since we just talked about this, I suddenly thought that I need to receive a high fee for this. (Laughs)

· Finally, do you have any wishes for this year?

Instead of “hoping my work does well”, spending time without being angry, while being thankful and laughing would be great. I have thought a lot about how much my heart has shrunken last year. This year it would be good to be generous to myself when the time arises and to scold myself when the time arises. I want carry that composure in my heart and appear in front of people.

Source: Hallyu Interview
a REALLY BIG thanks to The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview for translation

and here is the original interview
Naver

I didn't know where to put this so I made a new topic here. ;) ;) Don't kill me :-V :-V
I don't want to be bossy but I have an idea. Maybe we could make a new cathegory? "Interviews"... what do you think??
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by SnowWhite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham, missmoon, iloveHACCI, yunihz, moon, hsumeg, 11iszonlymine, Angel88

Re: The Calmingly Blooming Life Force, Park Shin Hye Interview 11 years 2 months ago #65620

• missmoon
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 316
· However, you particularly have had a lot of crushes in your works. For example, in Cyrano and You’ve Fallen For Me. Even in Flower Boy Next Door, the set up is that you peek at your neighbor across the street and have a crush on him. Have you had a lot of crushes?

SH: I have once. I really liked him for a long time. In the end, I couldn’t confess to him.

wondering who is the guy she likes :huh: :dry: :dry: :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

Re: The Calmingly Blooming Life Force, Park Shin Hye Interview 11 years 2 months ago #65628

• elsiec
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 267
missmoon wrote:

wondering who is the guy she likes :huh: :dry: :dry: :huh:

I wonder who the guy is too! I cant help but feel that it is Jang Geum
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by elsiec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, moon, manka

Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds