Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109758

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Movie ‘The Royal Tailor’s’ hero Go Soo appeared in Gangnam.
by Woorim Ahn

Actor Go Soo showed up in Gangnam on December 11 to promote his movie ‘The Royal Tailor’. Go Soo played a genius designer Lee Gong Jin in his film. Since his role is a designer, he chose to visit Gangnam because it is a hot place among many fashion people. He held various events for his fans such as eating street food together, fashion contest, sharing mittens and others and caught the mass public’s attention.

Go Soo said, “I’m here to promote my movie ‘The Royal Tailor. I got so fascinated by the people who greeted me with friendly attitudes.” In addition, the events that Go Soo promptly held satisfied his fans. Particularly, the news of his surprise appearance in Gangnam spread out on SNS.

Meanwhile, Go Soo’s movie ‘The Royal Tailor’ will be released on December 24.
(photo by WOW Pictures)

cr: Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
:heartsh:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109765

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The movie... "Sanguiwon / The Royal Taylor" on December 15th event at Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Yongsan movie CGV 'on the original Chosun fashionistas poses attended the red carpet premiere. The Korea's first theme about the garments of the royal Joseon Dynasty as the background work.
It portrays the story of a King (Yoo Yeon-Seok) was caught in an inferiority complex and the unfortunate queen (Park Shin Hye).

Looks like a lot of top models came to the red carpet premiere. With actor Han Suk-kyu and actor Ko Soo in attendance for this movie.

The film is scheduled for release 24th.

I can't help but interpret the holding hands, and staying side by side by this two... :lol: :P because of a lot of beautiful top models came to this event....

cr: Star News1
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109767

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

:lol: :P ;) they look like lost boys in a sea of beautiful ladies...

cr; starnews 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109769

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
many Korean top designers came to the red carpet Sanguiwon premiere.....
Designer Bakyunsu....

Designer Gim heungbeom..

Designer

:blush: ....
LINK here

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109783

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
End Of The Year Silver screen Premieres

Credit to the uploader

My note: this video is about the movies being released around holiday season........interesting because you get to analyze yourself the kind of competition that The tailor will be facing. They all belong in different time periods with completely different storyline. They all seem interesting. The secret of one's success over the other will lie on the how well the subject is treated and comes across interestingly enough to grab the audience.......

The grandeur and the authentic historical aspect of the Joseon era more specifically related to hanboks mixed with the fictional story to make it palatable to the masses is definitely very appealing.

Really missing ShinHye on the premiere pictures........but this girl cannot be magician and be everywhere at one time. She already has so much on her plate......just remarkable how she can do the juggling of her commitments so well.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, irene_xxvi

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109786

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
In 'Tailors', hanbok takes center stage

Director Lee Won-seok's costume movie "The Tailors" takes viewers into the very core of sanguiwon, an atelier that dealt with the royal family's medicine and clothing during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). Provided by the distributor

Beautifully crafted hanbok, or traditional Korean clothing, has appeared numerous times on screen, but no domestic film or drama has shed light on how royal garments were created in the past.

image_2014-12-16.jpg

In the upcoming film "The Tailors", directed by Lee Won-seok, viewers are taken into the very core of sanguiwon, a palace atelier in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) that dealt with the medicine and dress of aristocrats.
For the first time on the big screen, viewers will be able to peep at how royal attire was made in the atelier while also being privy to the power struggles happening within its walls.

Veteran actor Han Seok-Kyu plays Dol-suk, the head of sanguiwon, which is also the name of the film in Korean.

image_2014-12-16-2.jpg

Actors Yoo Yeon-seok, left, and Park Shin-hye wear hanbok with a modern twist, which provides attractive visuals for "The Tailors". Provided by the distributor

Dol-suk was born a commoner but is looking forward to upgrading his social status after serving the royal family for 30 years.
However, the hard-working artisan is soon threatened by free-spirited clothier Gong-jin, played by Ko Soo.

"The Tailors" is Ko's first foray into period dramas throughout his 15-year acting career.
In the movie, Gong-jin captivates the whole palace, including the king (Yoo Yeon-seok) and queen (Park Shin-hye), with his expertise at creating unconventional hanbok.
Even the slightest hint of the young designer's imagination can turn a plain-looking hanbok into a colorful, sometimes seductive, dress.

The hanbok that are used is one of the film's most powerful factors. The vivid and glittering embroidery of actress Park's hanbok captures attention on the screen, providing a number of breathtaking visuals to viewers.
More than 1,000 hanbok appear in "The Tailors". The movie's budget for clothing was almost 1 billion won ($909,000), a large portion of the 7.2 billion won production fee.

Acclaimed designer Cho Sang-kyung was in charge of the costumes for the movie. It is said that she was inspired by the Yeongjo period (1694-1776 ), where a short jeogori, the jacket that sits on top of the dress, and jar-shaped skirts started to become fashionable, according to historical records.

Park, who wears more than 30 hanbok in the movie, said that the filming was a pleasurable experience because of her fondness for hanbok.
"In a royal banquet scene, the queen wears a hanbok resembling a wedding dress that has an elegant and beautiful look", said Park during a press screening event on Wednesday.
It took 3,000 pearls and beads to craft the costume Park wore in the scene.

"The Tailors" is the actress's official debut in a period movie.

"I focused on trying to express the lonely queen who doesn't have any one to depend on in the palace", said Park regarding the several emotional scenes shown in the movie.
"As a part of trying to show the loneliness, I took away unnecessary facial expression in the tearful scenes. I heard some comments that overly frowning faces disturb viewers".

The movie rolls out in local theaters Dec. 24.

BY JIN EUN-SOO [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109787

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Park Shin Hye Was Delighted To Wear Dazzling Hanboks
By Julie Jones

The Royal Tailors" is not just a story about a fashion conscious queen and the rivalry between royal tailors. It has also been described as a historical fashion show and a fascinating look into the fine art of making traditional Korean clothing.

In the film Park Shin Hye and Yoo Yeon Suk play a fictional Joseon era queen and king. They wear the traditional Korean clothing known as hanbok, although in the film it occasionally features a slightly modern twist.

Although the hanbok is still worn in Korea today, especially for formal and semi-formal occasions, it usually refers to the clothing worn during the Joseon era. A beautiful hanbok was a sign of wealth and influence among the nobility.

Park Shin Hye was lucky enough to wear more than 30 hanbok in the film. As "The Royal Tailors" was her first historical film, she said she delighted in the chance to wear such beautiful costumes. She was especially fond of the glittering dress her character wore at one royal banquet scene. It took 3,000 pearls and beads to create the one-of-a-kind dress.

"In a royal banquet scene, the queen wears a hanbok resembling a wedding dress that has an elegant and beautiful look," said Park Shin Hye at a press conference for the film.
Altogether more than 1,000 hanbok were created for the film, pushing the clothing budget to almost $1 million, which was a significant portion of the production costs.

Designer Cho Sang Kyung was enlisted to create the film's costumes. She focused on the Yeongjo period when historical records say that short jackets first became fashionable.

In the film, the queen has two designers and it is the desire to create stunning clothing for her that sets off a disastrous rivalry. This rivalry echoes through the palace creating political conflicts.
Han Suk Kyu plays Jo Dol Suk, the royal master tailor, who heads the sanguiwon. That's the section of the palace that deals with royal garments and medicine. The film shows the details of how the costumes are created there.

Go Soo plays Lee Gong Jin, a gifted young designer, who is jealous of the royal tailor's power. So, Go Soo attracts notice by designing exquisite and unconventional clothes for the queen.
The clothes he creates impress the court and will likely impress viewers too.
cr kdramastars
:heartsh:

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109798

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The remaining Park Shin Hye schedule to promote the movie... "Sanguiwon/The Royal Taylor"

Shin Hye Dec 2014 schedule:-

☆ 10 Dec: <The Tailors> Media Premiere = done
☆ 11 Dec: <The Tailors> GV & Stage Interview. = done

☆ 18 Dec: <The Tailors> VIP Premiere
and of course....

☆ 24 Dec: <The Tailors> screening

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109824

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
Watch this video from dispatch.. ;) Shinhye's making faces. :D :D

www.facebook.com/video.php?v=788008387933523

cr: Dispatch
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by irene_xxvi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 9 years 4 months ago #109847

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
:D :D :D

cr: the-inheritors
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.647 seconds