Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138718

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Ooooh! Does it mean PSH and LJS will be meeting each other in public for the first time after their rumours?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, Jenzzy, Hpouo, syelin88

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138720

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952
Congratulations to Shin Hye for winning this award! It is always twice as hard for a female to get recognition in any industry let alone the male dominated Korean Showbiz industry. She has worked hard all these years and I am very happy she finally gets the recognition she deserves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, nistymaj, Jenzzy, BadBat, Hpouo, syelin88, yummiejeu

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138722

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 16059
[V Report Plus] Park Shin-hye, Jun Ji-hyun may get gov’t awards
Updated : October 21 2015
Read: Updated : October 21 201

restmb_jhidxmake-15.jpg

There is wide speculation that actresses Park Shin-hye and Jun Ji-hyun will receive government awards for leading hallyu on Oct.29, which will be broadcast via Naver’s live-streaming app V.

At the “2015 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Award” slated to take place at the National Theater of Korea, Park is likely to be conferred the Prime Minister’s Commendation, while Jun may get the President’s Award, according to industry insiders.

Park boasts a strong fandom overseas and a solid portfolio since her debut in 2003. She has acted in a handful of hit TV dramas such as “You’re Beautiful (2009),” “The Heirs (2013),” “Pinocchio (2014)” and a 10-million selling film “Miracle in Cell No.7 (2013).”

restmb_jhidxmake1-4.jpg

Singer IU is also a candidate for the Prime Minister’s Commendation, according to sources.

“My Sassy Girlfriend” Jun, whose latest film “Assassination” attracted over 12-million viewers, is speculated to be the recipient of President’s Award. Debuted as an actress in 1998, Jun is a well-known veteran in the Korean entertainment scene. She amassed global recognition with “My Sassy Girlfriend (2001),” and later amplified it with “The Thieves (2012),” “Berlin (2012)” and TV drama “My Love From Another Star (2013).”

restmb_jhidxmake2-5.jpg

Previous winners of this awards ceremony include big hallyu acts Kim Soo-hyun, Lee Min-ho, Girls’ Generation, 2NE1 and Yoo Jae-suk, who served as frontrunners of hallyu proliferation.

This is the sixth year the “Korean Popular Culture and Arts Award” is taking place. Hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and supervised by Korea Creative Content Agency, the ceremony acknowledges the social importance of pop culture industry. It is the most authoritative governmental reward to the nation’s entertainers.

This year’s ceremony will take place at the Main Hall Hae of National Theater of Korea at 2 p.m. on Oct. 29. A total of 30 or so winners will be rounded up for Order of Culture, President’s Award, Prime Minister’s Commendation, Minister of Culture’s Commendation and Korea Creative Content Agency commendation.

JYJ’s Junsu, KARA, Click-B, April, Girl's Day and more hallyu icons are to grace the event.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit www.vlive.tv/.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, Paris35, BadBat, Hpouo, syelin88, yummiejeu

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138728

• DOH
  • Gold Star
So it seems that they are all Nominees and the winners will be announced on 27th, correct me if I am wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, sarah.94, Hpouo, syelin88

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138730

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
The way I read the articles.... there are names mention that are speculated to get some awards... but the announcement will be made on the 27th.
:ding:

There will be 5 categories..... The details will be announced on the 27 October.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, sarah.94, Paris35, BadBat, Hpouo, syelin88

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138731

• syelin88
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2398
Yuhuuu, :piggyrabbit I'm so excited to see all of this news. More people finally acknowledge her as a high class actress :piggyrabbit Let all of us give U a hug unnie U could make the people who badmouth about U can not say anything again :ding: Please be more shining in the future too unnie, We are so excited to see what U are gonna do next :luvluv: U always make our heart skip a beat :luvluv:

indexdd.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, Hpouo

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138744

• Verba_
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 846
"...conferred the Prime Minister’s Commendation..."

Is this the award? or simply references?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, Hpouo

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138750

• DOH
  • Gold Star
Sis@verba

Prime Minister's Award is an award. There could be a few winners in this category.

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138751

• Verba_
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 846
DOH, "commendation"...

Prime Minister's commendation is an award. Do I understand you correctly?
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Verba_.

2015 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards 8 years 6 months ago #138752

• DOH
  • Gold Star
You can call it as Commendation (an award involving special praise) as it is awarded by the government.
It has been translated as such. What is it in Korean I am not sure.

Those who have won it in previous years is written as flws:-

2014 Lee Min Ho & Kim Soo Hyun
5th Korean Popular Culture & Arts Award Prime Minister Award

2012 Kim Soo Hyun
3rd Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards Minister of Culture, Sports & Tourism Award[
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Jenzzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Verba_, Jenzzy, BadBat, Hpouo, yummiejeu
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds