Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [MISC] World Cup Talks

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16833

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
Yeahhhhh Germany!!!!

*Ballack ain't playing anymore?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16836

• hell
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 1
ballack ruled out of the world cup during the FA Cup Final for Chelsea vs Portsmouth...
lahm step up to fill up that role..
so good to see so many support germany...

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16863

• Liesje
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 3
yay football fan :D

i'm for my own country HUP HOLLAND HUP! :D

@elankham lol you're for team Holland! GO YOU! but i don't think they'll go far
i mean we have good players but we make pretty stupid mistakes on playing to ball one another.

But i'm also for team South Korea offcourse :)
# One more glass of wine #

# before I turn off the lights #
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Liesje.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16865

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Hi Liesje, got so excited when I saw you here. It is fun rooting for the teams at FIFA world cup.
forgive my being newbie, when is Holland scheduled? or did they already played. :lol:

let's join in the chat room with PJ for cheering !! for sure Australia vs Germany is on at 2:30pm my time
miss u. how have u been ? :)

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16866

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Hi Liesje,
together we cheer for Holland team.. Go..go..go.. VAN PERSIE and the rest of the team.... :)

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16867

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
I've to cheer for Holland too!!!
My office floor full of Holland supporters!!!!!

Go go go goooo all the cuties!!! :D

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16868

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
here is the current scheduled for today

Good-luck to all the teams at the World Cup 2010 :whistle:

here's a bit of new on Holland

World Cup 2010: Holland coach wary of Denmark threat after England draw
Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk has said Holland must take nothing for granted in their opening World Cup game against Denmark - especially after England drew with USA.

No complacency: Holland coach Bert van Marwijk is wary of the task ahead of his Holland side at the World Cup, especially after watching England falter against the USA. Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Holland are favourites to win their World Cup group, but having watched Fabio Capello's England team draw after goalkeeper Robert Green's mistake gifted the USA an equaliser, van Marwijk says the Dutch must be wary of the Danes.

"We have enormous respect for any opponent and especially for Denmark, we know each other well, there are no secrets between the sides.

"You saw yesterday with England that games which might look easy to win aren't always so, you can't afford to take anything for granted," said van Marwijk.

The Dutch looked sharp in training here on a reduced-sized pitch at the Soccer City stadium, but Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben trained separately as he continues his recovery from a thigh strain.

The 26-year-old flew into Johannesburg on Saturday and is not expected to face the Danish, but should be in contention for Holland's remaining Group E games against Japan and Cameroon.

"Robben trained at the neighbouring stadium and is following the same programme as we are, it is much better for him to train on a full-sized pitch," said the Dutch boss.

The Danes have some fitness concerns with a question mark over Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner who has been out of action with a groin strain since May, but van Marwijk says he expects the Gunners' front man to play.

Having replaced Marco van Basten as Dutch coach after the Oranje's shock quarter-final exit from Euro 2008 at the hands of the Russians, van Marwijk says he is fully focussed on his side securing victory on Monday.

"I am only thinking of the Dutch, this is our most important game for two years and I will be doing everything in my power to win it," he said.

Van Marwijk has an embarrassment of riches in his squad with the likes of Arsenal's Robin van Persie, Real Madrid's Rafael van der Vaart and Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder to choose from.

Much has been said of the Dutch desire to shake off their tag of group phase heroes, knock-out stage zeros and are bidding to win their first World Cup.

Van Persie has said the Oranje must reach at least the World Cup semi-final, but van Marwijk said he was relaxed about his country's biggest game since the Euro 2008 defeat to Russia.

"You need a bit of tension before a World Cup game and it is a good to have that sort of tension. It makes you sharper and aloof, but you don't want to over-do it either," said Van Marwijk.
the more I get to know about this sports, the more excited I get to learn of all the teams participating. No wonder there is so much passion. I am enjoying it better now ! :)
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by nu2me.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16879

• Liesje
  • New Star
HI :) @ nu2me! i've been alright, kind of busy....that's why i haven't been on here for the longest time..never lost my love for Shin Hye and SukkieHye though :)
How have you been?

Holland has to play their first match tomorrow against Denmark.
I think they will win that but i can easily be wrong here :P

@elankham[/b] Van Persie yes! :D i'ma send you an pm back

@pj0t haha lol for real..that's pretty awsome
I saw the picutres on the previous page
which player shirt are you gonna wear?

Just found these..translated them into English

5 reasons why Holland can be champion
1. Holland qualified itself without losing points. 18 times in a row without being defeat.
2. Holland has players of worldclass. Players like Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie and Wesley Sneijder
3. The opponents are affraid of Holland. Alot of foreign media see Holland as one of the country's that might win the world cup
4. The athmosphere in the Dutch team has been better then ever. You can go far with alot of joy in your game.
5. The Orange legion. Hollands has the best supporters in the world. That 12th man can scream Holland to the titel.

5 reasons why Holland isn't going to be the champion
1. The trust is much to big. The players underestimate de opponents. That can only go wrong
2. The defence of Holland is the weakest link. In the groupfase you can get away with it, but in the finale you get punished for it.
3. To much celebrities (world class players) who think they are more important then the whole team.
4. The thin air in Johannesburg can be difficult to us flatlanders (Netherlands is a low-lying country). We are not used to play on such height.
5. The Dutch top players like Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie and Van der Vaart are sensitive for injuries. Without them it's going to be difficult.

Ghana won!!
that player from Serbia so did touched that ball with his hand
and it looked like it was on purpose

Don't know if i can make it for the match Australia vs Germany..
Even though Germany is only 10 minutes away from my home
and i have German relatives and it's like my second home (as in country)
I'm still not for them :P not liking their attitudes

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16880

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 90
Hi people!
I love soccer and I’m world cup fanatic too!
I’m watching every world cup’s games..
I hope Brazil will be champion again!
Here in Rio de Janeiro, streets are festooned and joy is in the air !!! :)
thursday I've to cheer for south korea because I like this country and because they will play with our rival : Argentina
;)
BXK139699_brasil_canarinho800.jpg

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 11 months ago #16884

• Liesje
  • New Star
^ah i'm also for Brazil! :D

you know something funny about Germany

a couple of months ago an German proffesor stated that Germany will win the world cup this year. He thought so after doing an diffcult mathematics...i don't know how or why but
according to him Germany wil win.

Now last month (i don't know were you all are from) we had in Europe the 'Eurovision Song Contest'. Each country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition.

This year Germany won. There was an research for it and it proved that any country that won the song contest never had won the European Cup nor the World Cup in that same year. They think it will stay like that and Germany won't win the World Cup this year. Now they showed that somewhere in the 50's Italy won the World Cup, besides that Germany won the Song Contest in that same year. West-Germany won the European Cup some years after and Italy won the song contest in that same year. They be saying "will Italy win the World Cup this year then?"

LOL :P

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds