Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CNY celebrations

CNY celebrations 14 years 2 months ago #3605

• fishessss
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 2
hello PSH fans! =DDD
i need some help cos i have to plan the programmes for a chinese new year reuinion dinner for about 100 ppl.
any sugestions on wat to do?
games to play? or special activities??
haha, pls give me some ideas or ur experiences.. thanks a million!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CNY celebrations 14 years 2 months ago #3698

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Hi fishesss,
Let's see, if your group of ppl loves to dance, you need a DJ and great music . how many hours was planned for this reunion dinner? Are you having this in a hall or restaurant or private venue? you need to space the activities in order for everyone to enjoy. Have some games where everyone need to participate in. You need someone or maybe 2 ppl to MC the event, who has a "loud & lively voice" to catch everyone attention. That will liven up the atmosphere.

may I ask what age range of ppl are coming? need to check further some games of which groupings are best. Would little prices for winners be ok?

You could have some ppl participate in singing or dancing, just an afterthought.

Re:CNY celebrations 14 years 2 months ago #3816

• Karen Ma
hi~ where are you from?
I am from Hong Kong and chinese people here do it the very very traditional way. For CNY dinner, they usually book a large hall/room at a Chinese restaurant. and like nu2me said, at least one MC is needed. Would you consider hiring someone/get one of your friends to pretend to be the God of Money? it's a traditional Chinese God that is believed to come every Chinese New year with blessings for people to make good money. People usually dress up as the Money of God and give out red packets[you can put candies in the red packets lol]. what about performances? dragon dance?

if the target group are chinese people, it'd be easier to plan games that involve festive music. but if they're all young people..hmm...a great DJ and party music is definitely good.

Re:CNY celebrations 14 years 2 months ago #3821

• fishessss
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 2
hey thanks for replying!! haha
im actually helping in planning for the programmes for my church reunion dinner. age is roughly between 14,15 to about 20..
we have a space in our church for us to have a reuinon dinner, its more for hanging out and enjoying and bonding with one another during this cny. this dinner is about 3 to 4 hrs.
hmmm, since this is a church event i dont think a dj would be a god idea. haha, do u guys have any interesting ice breaker games to play? or some games that we can have midway through the dinner?? this is a dinner for young ppl, so we need some fun games or activities:) or things that is a must to do for cny celebration??
any other kind of ideas would be greatly appreciated! dont have to be related to the dinner too
thanks thanks thanks!
anyway, im from singapore!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re:CNY celebrations 14 years 2 months ago #4885

maybe games is a good idea... it also depends on what kind of food you serve cos if it's a sit down dinner then it's gonna be difficult to play.
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds