Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto"

Re: Jang Geun Suk 13 years 1 month ago #38337

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
and this is for my mommy Elle, since my mommy starting to like Choi Jong Hoon

Choi Jong Hoon in Trendy Magazine

Another headline story about Choi Jong Hoon, the 2nd male lead in “You’re my Pet”, a casting that JKS said is “the best”, which featured a description of Choi.

“Regarded as a pretty boy with sculpture-perfect looks, Jong Hoon is a man of few words but often smiles genteelly like a prince, charming but out of reach. He may appear indifferent, but he always observes everything that is happening, and at appropriate times via a look or small gesture reminds his team-mates to take note of certain things. And he is completely a poker-faced joker who often “shocks” his audience into laughter with his bold statements, while he maintains a slight smile on his face. Jong Hoon is a guy who will divulge his true character after one gets to know him better – when he is in a good mood, he will even whistle a tune in front of others and take a stroll.”

197889_10150154663933384_380976008383_8149377_4574994_n.jpg
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jang Geun Suk 13 years 1 month ago #38341

• tulipanns
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1909
:luvluv: :touched :onhot:
Sukkie really is looking very handsome at the moment and I loved all his expressions !
Never really paid that much attention to CHJ in the past bcz always focused on Hongstar but now I cant wait for the movie and see him as an actor !

@Dearest Laura I read somewhere that the tweet Sukkie wrote meant that he is going to Europe but scared bcz he doesnt know if he has enough time?! Please correct me if im wrong :shy:

Cant help but put some cute photos of Sukkie from the YMP Press Con hope you will like them!

YMPPressCon1.jpg

YMPPressCon2.jpg

YMPPressCon3.jpg

YMPPressCon4.jpg

YMPPressCon5.jpg
The Star and the Moon are a match made in Heaven......

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicky

Re: Jang Geun Suk 13 years 1 month ago #38423

• Laurabianca
[Review] "Kimi Wa Petto" versi Jepang-Korea

On 3 March, the Korean version “You’re my Pet” press conference was held at the South Park near Ibaraki Airport, with the main characters Jang Keun Suk, Kim Ha-neul and Choi Jong Hoon and the director Kim Byung Gon in attendance. This is the first time that a Korean movie press conference is held at an airport and at an outdoor location; even the media found it a refreshing experience. Like the audience, almost all of the media rushed there from Tokyo, and most took the chartered coaches provided by the organisers. Some reporters commented laughingly that “this interview feels like an outing”.

The press conference attracted nearly 16,000 fans to compete for the 3,000 admission tickets. Before the start of the event, many groups of fans waited along the road, with the majority of the fans carrying placards and props in support of Jang Keun Suk. Upon questioning, the reporter found out that these fans did not get the ticket and specially came to catch a glimpse of their idol. It was estimated that there were 4,000 fans waiting outside.

“You’re my Pet” is one of Yayoi Ogawa’s representative works, which won the Kodansha Manga Award 2003 and in the same year, it was adapted as a drama, with Jun Matsumoto and Koyuki as the male and female lead Momo and Sumire Iwaya. The plot describes a romantic budding love story when a talented and beautiful career woman lives together with a younger man whom she keeps as a “pet”. The novel “master and pet” angle of depicting a relationship between a man and a woman gained favour with many readers and has been called a modern woman’s fantasy. In the upcoming Korean movie adaptation, Kim Ha-neul takes on the role of Sumire whose strong exterior hides her uncertainty when it comes to matters of the heart. By chance, Sumire meets a classical ballet prodigy Goda Takeshi (acted by JKS), who moves in to stay with Sumire as a “pet” and accepts the perfectionistic and compulsion-disorder Sumire with a generous heart. Both gradually mature in the process of healing their hurt.

When making their stage entrance, JKS was busy waving to fans and he didn’t hear the crew calling his name several times. It happened that he was standing in Kim Ha-neul’s position, causing the actress to look at JKS for a few seconds. After a while, JKS heard the crew and made space for Kim Ha-neul.

Asked for the selling point of “You’re my Pet”, the director said that he hoped the Korean adaptation would expand on the original theme so that people in different countries would identify with the story. He had visited Ibaraki last year to inspect the outdoor filming sites but he would not reveal the filming locations now in case fans arrive in big batches and obstruct the progress of the filming. However, the director did mention that some filming would take place at parks, hot spring and other scenery spots which would definitely not disappoint the audience.

184651_203947016284785_131542623525225_813105_3506968_n.jpg

The following user(s) said Thank You: tulipanns

Re: Jang Geun Suk 13 years 1 month ago #38473

• Laurabianca
subbed press con video

Credits to Baidu: Sukbar

The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, tulipanns

Re: Jang Geun Suk 13 years 1 month ago #38778

• Laurabianca
This is a fan made trailer for You are my pet, but it's fascinating, makes me feel excited for this movie,

please enjoy the video. :ding:

Cast : Jang Keun Suk as In Ho - a ballet dancer who has a dream to become a musical theater actor and choreographer By some reasons he accepted to be a pet Kim Ha Neul as Ji Eun - the young lady A woman finds an injured man inside of a box in front of her home and takes him in to heal his wounds,

Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Laurabianca.

Re: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto" 13 years 1 month ago #38960

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
You’re my Pet: Jang Geun Seuk & Kim Haneul vs. Matsumoto Jun & Go Yuki

The story of an elite female who decides to raise a younger boyfriend as a pet has already been produced as a Japanese drama in 2003 with Matsumoto Jun as its lead. The master and servant relationship between the older girlfriend/younger boyfriend couple who live together has garnered the imagination of a cable broadcasting channel.

With the official casting of its leads, “You’re My Pet” is attracting much attention. The Korean version of “You’re my Pet” has casted Jang Geun Seuk and Kim Haneul as its leads. Fans are already speculating the chemistry between the two actors.

Momo (Japanese version’s Takeshi/Korean version’s Inho) dreams of becoming a ballerina. He is found in front of Semirae’s (Korean version’s Jieun) house. Semmirae decides to name him Momo after her puppy. Momo’s trademark is his hair which resembles the soft fur of puppies.

Japan’s most popular idol group Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun was cast as Takeshi. He gained prominence as an actor after he played Chekasa in the Japanese hit series “Boys Before Flowers.” Matsumoto has a natural spark when playing manga characters. In fact, “Boys Before Flowers,” as well as “You’re My Pet,” are adaptations of popular Japanese mangas. Matsumoto Jun portrayed Momo as a colorful character.

While many speculated a Korean idol would act as Momo in the Korean version, that role went to Jang Geun Seuk. Jang has also been successful in portraying manga like characters in dramas like SBS’s “You’re Beautiful”. While Jang has an idol like charm, he is a versatile actor who has also played terrifying murder suspect in “Itawon Murder Mystery.” Jang’s personal taste for hair and fashion helps in developing Momo’s character. Currently, he is growing out his hair to fit the part.

The story of an elite female who decides to raise a younger boyfriend as a pet has already been produced as a Japanese drama in 2003 with Matsumoto Jun as its lead. The master and servant relationship between the older girlfriend/younger boyfriend couple who live together has garnered the imagination of a cable broadcasting channel.

With the official casting of its leads, “You’re My Pet” is attracting much attention. The Korean version of “You’re my Pet” has casted Jang Geun Seuk and Kim Haneul as its leads. Fans are already speculating the chemistry between the two actors.

j.matsuandsuk.jpg

Cute and Loveable Pet: Matsumoto’s Takeshi vs. Jang Geun Seuk’s Inho

Momo (Japanese version’s Takeshi/Korean version’s Inho) dreams of becoming a ballerina. He is found in front of Semirae’s (Korean version’s Jieun) house. Semmirae decides to name him Momo after her puppy. Momo’s trademark is his hair which resembles the soft fur of puppies.

Japan’s most popular idol group Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun was cast as Takeshi. He gained prominence as an actor after he played Chekasa in the Japanese hit series “Boys Before Flowers.” Matsumoto has a natural spark when playing manga characters. In fact, “Boys Before Flowers,” as well as “You’re My Pet,” are adaptations of popular Japanese mangas. Matsumoto Jun portrayed Momo as a colorful character.

While many speculated a Korean idol would act as Momo in the Korean version, that role went to Jang Geun Seuk. Jang has also been successful in portraying manga like characters in dramas like SBS’s “You’re Beautiful”. While Jang has an idol like charm, he is a versatile actor who has also played terrifying murder suspect in “Itawon Murder Mystery.” Jang’s personal taste for hair and fashion helps in developing Momo’s character. Currently, he is growing out his hair to fit the part.

gyskh.jpg

Perfect Yet Flawed Career Woman: Go Yuki’s Semirae vs. Kim Haneul’s Jieun

There is the Rule of Three Highs in Japan. The first high means high educational background, the second high describes high income, and lastly the third high signifies a person’s tall height. If a man encompasses all three qualities, he is the perfect bachelor. However, the opposite goes for a woman. Men are dissuaded by the perfectionist attitude. Semirae’s character embodies this perfect character and has gone through many breakups by men who felt overwhelmed with her. She found Momo in front of her house while going through ups and downs.

Japanese actress Go Yuki has acted in films like “The Last Samurai.” Outwardly, she looks confident, self-assured, and cold, making her perfect for Semirae’s character. Go expresses her character well emotionally as she slowly allows Momo open her aching heart.

Kim Haneul will able to reinvent herself in “You’re My Pet.” Kim has previously acted in melodramas like MBC’s “Road Number One,” SBS’s “Piano” where she was the typical pure and innocent Korean female lead character. She has also shown the public her self-assured and sexy image through romantic comedies like SBS’s “On Air” and “Level 7 Civil Servant.” Through “You’re My Pet’s” Jieun, Kim will have to portray a carefree girl who’s character is the culmination of all characters she has acted so far.

credit: Soompi
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by gailnav.

Re: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto" 13 years 1 month ago #40198

• Laurabianca
188339_10150130481333166_215019663165_6566096_1293270_n.jpg

You’re my Pet” still scheduled to start filming in May 2011

According to Sukbar news on Sina, Japanese entertainment news say that Jang Keun Suk’s movie “You’re my Pet” will be filmed in Ibaraki according to the original, planned schedule. Hopefully, this will contribute to the re-building of Ibaraki to some extent.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, tulipanns

Re: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto" 13 years 1 month ago #40214

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
Thanks sis laura for this update. :bingo:
It was moved due to the disaster that hit Japan. :willing
Let's still hope that this movie would be shoot. :-V

Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by gailnav.

Re: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto" 13 years 3 weeks ago #41347

• Laurabianca
197474_209431575736329_131542623525225_853252_2574360_n.jpg

These are pics updated on Korean CY (akin to Twitter) by JKS’ photographer.

“You’re my Pet” couple – they look more compatible here! Or am I just getting used to seeing them together?

Hope filming can proceed smoothly!

200563_209432065736280_131542623525225_853256_4367328_n.jpg

some pics of the scenery, lovely view!

Re: JGS Upcoming Project "You're My Pet-Kimi wa Petto" 13 years 6 days ago #45303

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
You're My Pet's Shooting this April was re-scheduled on August in order to give way to Japan's recovery and to
be able to prepare everything for shooting in Ibaraki.. :bingo:

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds