Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90283

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down near Ukraine-Russia border
Plane was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with 295 people aboard, Interfax news agency reports
CBC News Posted: Jul 17, 2014 11:18 AM ET

The Associated Press reported that Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, said on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 10,000 metres when it was hit Thursday by a missile fired from a Buk launcher.

This was the second time that a Malaysia Airlines plane had gone missing in less than six months. Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared in March while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. It has not been found, but the search has been concentrated in the Indian Ocean far west of Australia.

image_2014-07-17.jpg

Devastating news!
My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families . May God give them the courage to bear this irreplaceable loss. Amen.
:( .........
Elena, Yunihz, Faidaris and all Malaysian friends within our community...........please accept my sympathies on yet another tragic moment for your nation. I feel truly saddened....
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Maris.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, sonia loubaresse, kimloveeun

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90286

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Thank so much my dear friend Maris.
I am still shock and lost word.
We are truly sad...sad..sad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90290

• Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 167
Be strong my dear friends! Almost 300 peoples. RIP(((
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, kimloveeun

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90292

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
Ya Allah :( my condolences to all the bereaved families be strong
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, kimloveeun

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90379

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
I am lost with words of comfort a what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. May I extend my sympathies to our dear members from Malaysia. We cry with you and pray for the victims and families.

The tragedy is one that should never have happened....the missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was likely fired by rebels/terrorists inside Ukraine from the proximity of where the location was. I am sad, so sad that lives were lost.... it's horrifying that some people who have no shame nor conscience did that act. I'm deeply sorry for saying this those words......
my heart goes to the families of the victims of this unspeakable crime. This is heartbreaking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, kimloveeun, mnori80

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90381

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The identities of the 298 passengers on board MH17 have not been released by the airline. Meanwhile, friends and family of passengers have expressed grief and shock through social media, amongst them are people who knew attendees of the AIDS conference.

Among the passengers mentioned was
the prominent Dutch scientist Joep Lange, a pioneer in HIV research and a former president of the International AIDS Society. His partner Jacqueline van Tongeren was also on the flight with him, says the Health[e] Foundation (co-founded by Lange).

"Dr Lange was one of the first people to advocate spreading HIV medications to Africa," says Wu. At the time, the medication wasn't being delivered because of refrigeration problems.

source: CNN breaking news
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, kimloveeun, mnori80, Jenzzy

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90410

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
We still mourning about the lost of MH370.
And at the moment, most of the nation were shock about the shot of MH17.
It's just hardly to believe why flight from our national airlines have to be shot.
It was in the news every few minutes. Sigh..
Thanks everyone for the condolence.
We are tested in a great way. May God give us more strength.
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by elankham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, narjess89

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90420

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I was just watching news on MH17 tragedy when the conversations intercepted were shown the callous "suspicion" that the plane these terrorists found out later, was civilian not military.... Then more exchanges... even when some terrorist went to the crash site to take pictures they still insist "maybe there were spies" on board. Shocking dimwits ! sorry for my expression.
:throw:
Did they waste precious lives for wrong decision. Terrible terrible evil terrorists. There is no excuse.
The more I learn about why it happened the more hate I feel. So sorry, don't follow my feeling.
:cry. Let us pray for those who perished and hopefully healing.
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, narjess89

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90422

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Eve, I totally relate to what you are feeling. Just to think that so many precious lives were lost and others affected for their whole life on the assumption of the terrorist that "maybe" it was a military plane.
No matter which way one looks it is totally incomprehensible how can innocent people be considered pawns for any cause right or wrong.......

For them it was an assumption.....
To bereaved families it was end to a life they knew and existed for.......
:cry
When will such innocent loss of lives stop ?
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 reportedly shot down 9 years 9 months ago #90848

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Sorry to be bearer of another I can't believe why.... That a Malaysian airlines plane flew over Syria. Ottoke

(CNN) -- Now that many airlines can't fly over eastern Ukraine due to safety concerns, a Malaysia Airlines flight chose a different route -- over war-torn Syria.
The decision to divert a plane from a dangerous route to an equally risky route was a head-scratcher for many.
Three days after MH17 was shot down over rebel-held eastern Ukraine, another Malaysia Airlines flight -- MH4 from Kuala Lumpur to London -- flew over Syria on Sunday, said FlightRadar24, which tracks air traffic around the world.

According to FlightRadar24, the plane passed near Homs, which has been a rebel stronghold and a focal point for attacks in the Syrian civil war. The only transcontinental flight that flew over Syria, a country in war.

Malaysia airlines defended the path saying it is an international approved airspace. :ohmy:
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds