Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bangkok Songkran

Bangkok Songkran 13 years 1 week ago #44664

• Love them
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 10
I understand and missing "Bangkok Songkran Splendours Festival" So much !!!

This information, may help you understand "Songkran Festival" in Thailand.

The word Songkran means to pass or to move into. In this context, the meaning implies to the passing and the moving of the sun, the moon and the other planets into one of the zodiacal orbits. And the Grand Songkran Festival which falls in Aries indicates the new era of the Thai New Year. Owing to the ancient Indian belief, the Grand Songkran Festival is most appropriate to be the Thai New Year due to the timing of the best season which is known as the spring of India which comes right after the cold season of winter. Also, there are other aspects supporting this belief such as blooming flowers, the fresh atmosphere of nature and the livelihood of all living creatures.

With the great influence from the Indians, the Songkran Festival portrays the typical ways of life of the Thais which involve the agricultural aspects. Free from their regular routine work, the Thai citizens will find time to perform their annual rites of showing respect to their ancestors. The highlight of the festival will include the younger Thais paying respect to their elders by sprinkling their hands with scented water. And in order to welcome the New Year, the celebration will include the delightful colourful local entertainment, which in fact, suitably unites the mutual relationship between members of the family, society, nature and the surroundings. Therefore, this Songkran Festival has proved to be the most important and grandest festival of the year. Moreover, our neighbouring countries such as Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR. have also organised this type of festival.

Happy Thai New Year :-V to all Geun❤Shin :luvluv:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paire, P_nand

Re: Bangkok Songkran 13 years 1 week ago #44828

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Hello Members from Thailand!!!

On behalf of PSHIC, I would like to wish Happy Thai New Year to all Thailand fans.
Wish you enjoy '"Songkran Festival".
Thanks for sharing the information about the Festival.
CONGRATULATIONS.
tsong1.jpg

congratulations.png
Last Edit: 13 years 1 week ago by elankham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paire, P_nand

Re: Bangkok Songkran 13 years 1 week ago #44833

• Nut
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 102
Yeah it's the Songkarn festival in here now on the street I can see people are playing water some of them are dancing and having fun.
Also some people are going out with their family and spend time with their family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, paire

Bangkok Songkran 9 years 1 week ago #122563

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Happy Songkran Day With Park Shin Hye!.....

image-100.jpg

My Note:
I would like to wish all our Thai friends a happy Songkran Day. May this new year be full of blessings showered down on all Thailand and it's people everywhere....
For those who are not aware of this day.......here is a little note.....

The Songkran festival is celebrated in Thailand as the traditional New Year's Day from 13 to 15 April.
The traditional water pouring is meant as a symbol of washing away all of their sins and the bad and is sometimes filled with fragrant herbs when celebrated in the traditional manner.

image-101.jpg
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89, Jenzzy

Bangkok Songkran 9 years 1 week ago #122587

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
it's a new cultured for me ^_^ Thanks for the informations guys :heartsh:

Happy Songkran to all the Thailand :piggyrabbit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy

Bangkok Songkran 9 years 1 week ago #122589

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
The Songkran Festival is also known as the Thai New year or Thailand Water Festival, originally celebrated as a way for the Thai people to sprinkle water on their family members and elders for good fortune and pay their respects to images of the beloved Buddha. Today, the festival has transitioned into 3 days of water play fun, splashing locals and visitors alike with buckets of water, water hoses and super soakers as they gather in the streets.

This sounds so much fun!
HAPPY SONGKRAN FESTIVAL 2015 to ALL THAI PEOPLE !!!
HAPPY THAI NEW YEAR !!!
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy
Moderators: Mandy
Time to create page: 1.014 seconds