Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Gilded Cage (In Progress)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 4 weeks ago #10363

• Jessicaaron619
  • Junior Star
  • Park Shin Hye Fighting!!
  • Thank you received: 2
kyonkichi78 wrote:
r u gonna make dat general falls in luv wit her later :blink: ?

kyonkichi78,

Thanks for the good laugh. I never thought of making the general fall in luv with her but since it's PSH's character I could see how all the males around her would fall in love with her.

Jessica
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 4 weeks ago #10390

• chocolate_07
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 11
hi Jessica

wow im having goosebumps after reading it... i guess its just a bumpy ride not actually the worst since she's not alone anymore to carry such secret after all general Seok decided to help her now...hes a just,understanding and considerate character....

loved Eun Jung to tell the truth then and there....she really loved JiangSu that much....i really love this chapter ;)

thank u very much... till the nxt chapter :)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 4 weeks ago #10393

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
Awww, Jessica, I lost count as to how many OMG's I've said while reading this chapter!!! I was seriously at the edge of my seat. I entertained the possibility that the General mgiht cover for her, but up until the revelation, I didn't know how she / they would go about it once they cross that bridge.

kyonkichi, LOL!! I couldn't help but laugh at your post, but yeah, who wouldn't fall for her? I guess the General is seeing the heart and intent behind the action. Sigh...

Thanks for another fantastic one! On to the next! :)

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10918

• Jessicaaron619
  • Junior Star
Chapter 31
Despite having remained uncharacteristically calm, Kwang Sun’s liveliness returned the moment he saw a faint smile appear on Eun Jung’s face. Once he was able to pull his tiny hand from his father’s grasp, Kwang Sun made his way over to Eun Jung and said, “Princess Soo Jin, please don’t cry anymore. I’ll take care of you.” Eun Jung thought that Kwang Sun’s sincere pledge was extremely adorable, and bent down to give him a kiss on his nose as she replied, “Thank you very much for saying that.” Upon receiving Eun Jung’s kiss, Kwang Sun let out a loud giggle and ran back to his father’s side. After Prince JiangSu observed the giddy expression on Kwang Sun’s face, he turned to Eun Jung and asked half-jokingly, “Do I need to keep an eye on you two?” Amused by his son’s sudden bashfulness, General Seok could not help but to interject by saying, “I’d certainly advise your highness to watch out for this little guy.”

Since Prince JiangSu was fully intent on taking General Seok’s advice, he quickly grabbed a hold of Eun Jung’s hand and said playfully, “If I don’t let go, then you can’t possibly leave me for him.” Although, Prince JiangSu’s statement instantly brought a smile to her face, Eun Jung simultaneously felt an increased sense of discomfort when she looked down at their tightly clasped hands. Thinking that there would come a day when Prince JiangSu would eventually let go, Eun Jung tried desperately to conceal her heartache as she replied, “I’d never leave you unless you asked me to.” General Seok immediately sensed her uneasiness, and wanted to remind Eun Jung, that her union with Prince JiangSu was important to the preservation of the established peace. With that objective in mind, General Seok observed pensively, “For the good of both kingdoms, I hope there never comes a day when the Crowned Prince and Grand Princess Consort are separated.”

Upon comprehending the deeper message contained within General Seok’s words; Eun Jung was finally able to come to terms with need to indefinitely prolong her deception. With a slightly eased conscience, Eun Jung decided that she would spend the rest of her life making it up to Prince JiangSu by becoming the best wife possible for him. To commence on her newly formed path, Eun Jung tightened her hold on Prince JiangSu’s hand and placed a kiss on his cheek as she said, “I’ll try not to give you any reason to let go of me.” Prince JiangSu was slightly surprised by Eun Jung’s sudden display of affection and didn’t know how to react since they weren’t alone. Before he could decide on any particular course of action, Prince JiangSu heard Eun Jung exclaim, “We must be the worst dinner hosts ever. Prince Hyo and Prince Dae Hyun are probably still anxiously waiting for us.” Agreeing with Eun Jung’s assessment, Prince JiangSu suggested that they quickly return to the formal dining hall.

When they finally arrived at the dining hall, the group entered and watched as Prince Hyo and Prince Dae Hyun stood up to greet them. While Prince JiangSu motioned for his royal brothers to retake their seats, Eun Jung sincerely apologized for having ruined their dinner. With a more than gracious air, Prince Hyo reassured Eun Jung that efforts had already been taken to salvage dinner. Seeing that Eun Jung did not quite comprehend his meaning, Prince Hyo explained that he had instructed the maids to prepare several additional dishes for the evening meal. As the freshly prepared dishes were served, Prince Hyo turned to Prince JiangSu to say, “I hope you don’t mind that I did this without asking first.” Not wanting to sound petty, Prince JiangSu replied, “Of course not, I’m actually glad that you took the initiative to help.”

Eun Jung recognized that there was hint of annoyance in Prince JiangSu’s voice, and quickly decided to interject herself into the conversation by saying, “Everyone must be starving, let’s eat.” Before she picked up her own bowl of rice, Eun Jung placed a small piece of sautéed chicken onto Prince JiangSu’s plate and said, “Eat up while it’s still hot.” Slightly envious of his royal brother, Prince Dae Hyun noted wistfully, “Seeing Prince JiangSu with the Grand Princess Consort makes me want to get married.” Despite having a grin on his face, Prince JiangSu replied coolly, “Don’t let her fool you, she’s not always like this.” Since it really was the first time she had behaved so attentively, Eun Jung nodded her head reflectively and said, “I guess that’s the Crowned Prince’s way of reminding me to treat him better.” Undeterred by the couple’s good-natured banter, Prince Dae Hyun replied, “Regardless, I think that I’m still going talk to our royal father about finding me wife.”

Paying very little attention to the current conversation at hand, Prince Hyo proceeded to slide a wooden box over to Eun Jung and said, “I should give this to you before I forget.” Looking down at the small box, Eun Jung asked, “What’s this?” With a relaxed smile on his face, Prince Hyo replied, “It’s the belated birthday gift that I promised to give you once I got to know you a little better.” Knowing that the gesture would not sit well with Prince JiangSu, Eun Jung handed back the box and said, “Thank you for the thoughtful gift, but …” Interrupting her mid-sentence, Prince Hyo asked, “Are you really going to reject my gift even before you’ve seen what it is?” Prince JiangSu found the back and forth dialogue rather tiring and suggested calmly, “Soo Jin, you should just accept the gift. My royal brother has probably put a lot of effort into selecting it for you.” Ignoring Eun Jung’s obvious discomfort, Prince Hyo set the box back down in front of her and said, “See even the Crowned Prince thinks that you should take it.” As she reluctantly accepted the gift, Eun Jung replied unenthusiastically, “Thank you, I’ll open it later.”

Once the awkward exchange had taken place, the remainder of dinner was eaten in relative silence. When General Seok mentioned that he and Prince JiangSu were to attend a war council meeting early the next morning, Eun Jung suggested that they conclude the dinner party earlier than scheduled. After they thanked their guest for coming to dinner, Prince JiangSu and Eun Jung returned to their bedroom to retire for the night. While Prince JiangSu prepared himself for bed, Eun Jung walked over to the table near the entrance of the room, and placed Prince Hyo’s gift inside a drawer. Having seen what Eun Jung had just done, Prince JiangSu asked casually, “Aren’t you even going to open it?” Shaking her head to indicate that she did not intend to do so, Eun Jung countered, “Why would I open it when I didn’t even want to take it in the first place?” Upon seeing that her inquiry had brought a smile to Prince JiangSu’s face, Eun Jung observed in an exasperated tone, “You should have just let me reject the gift instead of making me accept it.”

Although, Prince Jiang thought that Eun Jung was probably right, he motioned for her to join him in bed and blatantly lied by saying, “Since I know that you’re crazy about me, I’m definitely not bothered by Prince Hyo’s over attentiveness towards you.” With a mischievous smile on her face, Eun Jung pretended to head back to retrieve Prince Hyo’s gift as she said, “Well if it doesn’t bother you, then…” Not amused by Eun Jung’s response, Prince JiangSu quickly said, “Okay, I’ll admit that it bothers me. Would you just come to bed now?” Giving Prince JiangSu a satisfied nod, Eun Jung proceeded to do as he asked. Since the day had been somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster ride, both Prince JiangSu and Eun Jung quickly fell asleep in each other’s arms.

When he awakened early the next morning, Prince JiangSu was alarmed to see that Eun Jung was not in bed. Before he could figure out where she had gone, Eun Jung entered the room carrying a small bowl on a serving tray. Seeing that Prince JiangSu was already awake, Eun Jung smiled and said, “I was going to let you sleep in for a little while longer. But since you’re up, come over and try this porridge I made for you.”As he walked over to the table, Prince JiangSu asked, “Did you get up early just to make my morning meal?” Ignoring the surprised tone of Prince JiangSu’s voice, Eun Jung replied, “Yes I did, and I’ll probably continue to do so every morning.” Sitting down in his seat, Prince JiangSu said, “You don’t have to do that, we have servants to take care of those kinds of things for us.” Eun Jung allowed Prince JiangSu to finish his statement before she began to wipe his face with a warm moist towel. As she gently cleaned his face, Eun Jung replied honestly, “I know, but I want to.”

Deeply moved by Eun Jung’s thoughtfulness, Prince JiangSu reached out for her hand and pulled her into his lap. After he gently kissed her on the lips, Prince JiangSu asked playfully, “Who are you and what have you done with my sassy wife?” Amused by Prince JiangSu’s inquiry, Eun Jung followed suit by replying, “I don’t know where she is, but if she finds out that you kissed me, then you’re going to get into a lot of trouble.” After they shared a laugh, Eun Jung ordered Prince JiangSu to finish his meal while she went to retrieve his clothes. Once he had eaten, Eun Jung helped Prince Jiang get ready for the war council meeting and wished him luck as she walked with him to the front entrance. Unable to help himself, Prince JiangSu gave Eun Jung a lingering kiss before leaving to go to his meeting.

When she was finally alone in the room, Eun Jung began to become curious about what Prince Hyo had given her and made her way over to retrieve the gift. Not sure what to expect, Eun Jung was utterly shocked when she opened the small box. As she gazed at the opaque hairpin, Eun Jung instantly recognized that it was a family heirloom, which had belonged to the orphan keeper’s deceased wife. Eun Jung knew that the orphan keeper would never willingly part with the accessory and began to worry about what Prince Hyo had done to obtain it. Determined to figure out what was going on Eun Jung quickly closed the box and walked out the door to go to Prince Hyo’s residence.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10920

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
Omo Jessica!!! What does Prince Hyo know???

I'm starting to really like the Generals' character, he really just has the best interest of the kingdom in mind. At least, I think so, unless there's a twist to it, since he and Hyo are chums...

Can't wait for the next. Thanks Jessica for the update, I've been waiting for this. :)

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10925

• chocolate_07
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 11
hi jessica

thanks for the update....

“I’d never leave you unless you asked me to.” and I'll try not to give you a reason to let go of me

I guess she already knows what to do and made up her mind now for all of Korea and the love for her prince as well

I think Prince Hyo does not know yet... but i think there is something wrong at the orphanage...what could it be?

thanks again jessica a good chapter indeed ;) till the next one :)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10970

• lot_lot
  • Junior Star
awwww, another cliff hanger. Oh, my poor heart.
Thanks Jessica for your latest edition to the story.

It seems like Eun Jung's secret, is no longer a secret.
How will she survive the next chapter?
I cannot wait to read where you will take us next, Jessica.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10971

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
wow, there were so many scenes that caught my attention, cute, admiration, romance, the jolt?. liking ur chapter very much Jessica. u did it again, very well written.

cute: when Kwang Sun went to Eun Jung and declared: "pls don't cry anymore, I'll take care of you"
admiration: when Gen Seok said for the good of both kingdoms, he hopes there never comes a day when our Prince and Princess are separated.
romance: (those parts i read twice, not to miss any sweetness said, :lol: ) there were several but like this playfulness: who are u and what have u done w/ my sassy wife? she replied: i don't know where ...... but if she finds out that u kissed me, ur going to get into a lot of trouble.
and the jolt perhaps: Prince Hyo's gift.
nice work, curious, on to the next chapter. :ohmy:

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #10972

• kyonkichi78
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 1
omo omo, another cliffhanger jessica??!! if i know dat last paragraph is like dat, i've shud hav eaten my midnite cupnoodle 1st... nw it's left untouched cos im pondering, worrying wat u wud write abt nxt chp :( not!! hihi,happy blated april fool, jessica-chan :P
luv wat u've done so far esp dis chp so i guess mre suspense n mind bongling issues coming up next, huh?! btw jessica, my guts telling me dat prince hyo is bad news n dat Kwang Sun hav /will still hav going up hav a crush on eun jung after dat cheek kiss (lyk annakin skywalker towards queen armadella) :huh:

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 weeks ago #11037

• Jessicaaron619
  • Junior Star
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the great comments. Seems like chapter 31 has really gotten a lot of people thinking about what Prince Hyo knows. I'm working on Chapter 32 so hopefully I'll have it up some time tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. But as the plot thickens the chapters seem to take a little while longer to write. Just a bit of sneak peak though, our fake Princess will soon be faced with a very difficult decision.

P.S. I really like the nickname Jessica-chan (sounds cute).

Oh also, I love this new background for the website. The blue really compliments the dress PSH is wearing in my avatar. :lol:
Moderators: Mandy, narjess89
Time to create page: 1.631 seconds