Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Gilded Cage (In Progress)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3695

• yozo217
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3704

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
cool! this kept me up last night. hahaha!

by the way... the wedding rituals... are these fictitious or is that really how they are done (and how they are called) in Korea? i'm, not familiar with their wedding rituals, although i think i've seen some of these (like feeding the dates) in movies.

this is both an informational and an entertaining read. can't wait for the next chapters!!

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3727

• Jessicaaron619
  • Junior Star
  • Park Shin Hye Fighting!!
  • Thank you received: 2
The wedding is factual including the names of the ceremonies and the wedding attire (I had to do quite a bit of research and learned a whole lot when I was plotting out these chapters.)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3728

• yozo217
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 1
lol i thought you posted a new chap :P
i'm too anxious ^^

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3757

• Sissy12
  • New Star
arrrrhhhhh...i cant wait for the next chap....The waiting is the hardest part to do right know....hehehheh..sorry jessica...

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3796

• Jessicaaron619
  • Junior Star
  • Park Shin Hye Fighting!!
  • Thank you received: 2
Chapter 8

Despite feeling extremely exhausted, Eun Jung became increasingly frustrated when she was unable to sleep through the entire night. In an attempt to get more comfortable, Eun Jung shifted her body on the bridal bed before catching sight of Prince JiangSu’s face as he slept. Fixing her eyes on the serene expression upon his face, Eun Jung smiled and observed silently to herself, “He sure is handsome when he's not moving, talking or being mean.” Sensing Eun Jung’s intense gaze, Prince JiangSu slowly opened his eyes and asked bluntly, “How am I supposed to sleep with you staring at me?”

Quickly averting her eyes, Eun Jung replied dismissively, “I wasn’t staring at you. I was looking at that line of drool running down your chin.” Armed with the knowledge that he had never drooled, a single day in his life, Prince JiangSu turned onto his side to face Eun Jung and teased, “We’re married now; so you don’t have to make up excuses to stare at your husband.” Overcome with an overwhelming sense of embarrassment, Eun Jung pulled the covers over her head and ordered, “Stop bothering me and just go to sleep!”

Returning to his original resting position, Prince JiangSu replied, “You were the one who was bothering me first.” Thinking that she would become uncomfortable beneath the covers, Prince JiangSu issued an order by saying, “Get out from under there before you suffocate yourself.” Upon hearing his edict, Eun Jung slowly emerged from beneath the covers, looked over at him and asked, “Are you not able to sleep because I’m in bed with you?” Glancing over at her, Prince JiangSu shook his head and replied, “No, I can’t sleep because I’m a bit preoccupied about tomorrow’s royal banquet.” Prince JiangSu's response prompted Eun Jung to recall that the Royal Matchmaker had previously informed her that she would be formally introduced to the entire royal family at the royal banquet.

Seeing the bothered expression on Prince Jiangsu’s face, Eun Jung asked hesitantly, “Are you worried because you think that I’ll mess up again like I did during the P’yebaek ceremony?” Hearing the remorseful tenor in Eun Jung’s voice, as she asked her question, Prince JiangSu reassured her by saying, “No, I’m worried because you happen to have married a very unpopular man in the royal court. I’m sure that there will be some people at the royal banquet, who will do their utmost to denigrate you because you’re the wife of the Crowned Prince.” Although, Eun Jung could not fathom why any member of the Prince’s family would want to give her a hard time; she decided that she would not worry about it and replied confidently, “I don’t care what people say about me and I know that you’ll be there to help me if anyone tries anything funny.”

Observing her positive disposition, Prince JiangSu smiled and replied, “You’re right, I’ll be there if anyone tries anything. But I think that I should have confidence that you’ll be able to handle yourself well tomorrow.” Seeing that it was getting rather late, Prince JiangSu said, “I know that you’re having a hard time sleeping because of the unfamiliar setting, but try to get some rest since we have a long day ahead of us.” With an inquisitive expression on her face, Eun Jung asked, “Why do we have a long day ahead of us? Aren’t we just going to the royal banquet at night?” Realizing that Eun Jung would never go to sleep until all of her questions were answered; Prince JiangSu replied, “You’ll be meeting with the Grand Palace Attendant tomorrow morning.”

Staring at him wide-eyed, Eun Jung asked, “Why am I meeting up with the Grand Palace Attendant? And where will you be while I’m meeting that person?” Feeling himself becoming annoyed with her barrage of questions; Prince JiangSu sighed before clarifying, “The Grand Palace Attendant is the woman who is responsible for teaching you the rules of the royal court. And you don’t need to concern yourself with where I’ll be, so stop asking so many questions and go to sleep.” Paying little attention to Prince JiangSu’s gruff response, Eun Jung balled up her right hand into a tight fist and said with a tone of determined fervor, “So as to not embarrass you or myself, I’ll do my best to learn everything she has to teach me.” Pushing her fist back down onto the bed, Prince JiangSu shook his head and observed, “Tch, you’re just going to learn some rules and regulations not enter a fist fight.” Shrugging her shoulders, Eun Jung relaxed her hand and proceeded to turn to face the wall before slowly drifting off to sleep.

Awakened by the glare of the morning light, Prince JiangSu groggily opened his eyes and was surprised to find that Eun Jung had draped her entire body over his. Clearing his throat repeatedly, Prince JiangSu asked, “Grand Princess Consort (title of the Crowned Prince’s wife), will you please take your tentacles off of me?” Only able to faintly hear what the Prince had just said, Eun Jung squinted her eyes to focus her vision and made a “Huh” sound. Seeing the annoyed expression on Prince JiangSu’s face, Eun Jung finally took note of her hold on him and quickly backed away. Observing her disoriented expression, Prince JiangSu decided to embarrass her further by saying, “Even though a Prince’s word is good as gold, it appears that his Princess can’t control herself.”

Before Eun Jung’s mortification could set in, a maid knocked on the door to their Shinbang and asked, “Prince JiangSu and Princess Soo Jin, may we enter? We have brought your morning meal.” Having received the Prince’s decree to enter the Shinbang, several maids and attendants made their way into the room and proceeded to help the Prince and Princess get dressed and wash up for their breakfast. After finishing their meal, Prince JiangSu and Eun Jung parted ways to attend to their separate duties. As she was led by several maids to the Jibokjae (private royal library) to meet the Grand Palace Attendant, Eun Jung observed the beautiful scenery around her and was astonished by the grandeur of the Palace.

When they had nearly arrived at the Jibokjae, Eun Jung and her maids took note of several young men standing around in a tight circle clamoring incoherently. Intrigued, Eun Jung stopped dead in her tracks to watch the men and was startled upon realizing that one of them was running towards her. Unable to move out of the way in time, Eun Jung found herself being forced onto the ground after the man accidentally collided directly into her. Eun Jung cried out in pain upon feeling the impact of the man’s weight on her body as she hit the ground. Seeing what he had done, the man quickly got off of her and extended a hand to help her up. Looking at Eun Jung with a concerned expression on his face, the man asked, “Are you okay?”

Dusting herself off, Eun Jung examined her bloodied hand and replied, “You try having a boar charge into you and then you tell me if you’re okay.” Amused by her response, the man smiled and observed, “No one’s ever called me a boar before. What’s your name?” Before she could respond to his question, Eun Jung’s maids rushed over to her and asked, “Grand Princess Consort, are you okay?” Looking over towards the maids before returning his attention to Eun Jung, the man asked, “So you’re Grand Prince JiangSu's new bride?” Taking note of her beautiful face, the man observed, “Now there's yet another reason for me to envy him.”

Realizing that they were in the presence of Prince Dae Hyun, the maids dropped to their knees and cried out in unison, “Prince Dae Hyun, we’re sorry to have not acknowledged your presence earlier.” Barely taking his eyes off of Eun Jung’s face, Prince Dae Hyun replied, “Never mind about all that formality right now. Just hurry up and look after your Princess’s condition.” Not sure what was going on, Eun Jung asked hesitantly, “You’re a Prince? So that makes you my husband’s brother right?” Smiling at her playfully, Prince Dae Hyun countered, “That makes me your brother too, doesn’t it?”

Before Eun Jung could respond to Prince Dae Hyun’s rhetorical question, her attention was diverted when she saw that Concubine Su and a group of her maids were advancing towards them. Without so much as a single word, Concubine Su walked up to Eun Jung and slapped her across the face. Clasping her injured cheek in astonishment, Eun Jung looked at the woman and asked, “Why are you hitting me?!” Staring at her coldly, Concubine Su replied, “That’s just a slight punishment for your trespass against my son.” Angered by Concubine Su’s unjustifiable actions, Eun Jung exclaimed loudly, “He’s the one who violated me and here you are hitting me!”

Seeing that Concubine Su was prepared to hit Eun Jung again for her insolence; Prince Dae Hyun held her back and pleaded, “Royal mother, please calm down. I was the one who ran into the Grand Princess Consort; she didn’t do anything to me.” Ignoring her son’s plea, Concubine Su replied sternly, “Even if that’s the case, she needs to be punished for addressing me in such a disrespectful way.” Glaring at Eun Jung, Concubine Su continued to say, "If your husband can't teach you any manners, I'll do it for him!" Having finished her declaration, Concubine Su pulled her arm away from her son and lifted her hand again. Realizing that Concubine Su was about to hit her again for the second time, Eun Jung closed her eyes tightly and braced herself for the imminent abuse.

Eun Jung was relieved when she suddenly heard Prince JiangSu voice ask loudly, “What has the Grand Princess Consort done to deserve such punishment?!” Upon opening her eyes, Eun Jung saw that Prince JiangSu had grabbed Concubine Su’s arm to stop the woman from hitting her again. Releasing Concubine Su’s arm, Prince JiangSu turned to Eun Jung to examine her face and was furious upon seeing that she was paralyzed with fear. Taking a hold of Eun Jung’s hand, Prince JiangSu turned to Prince Dae Hyun and asked, “Did my wife do something that was particularly offensive to you and your royal mother?” Shaking his head, Prince Dae Hyun replied, “No, she didn’t. This is my fault for having caused this misunderstanding.”

Turning to Concubine Su, Prince Dae Hyun apologized by saying, “Royal mother, I'm very sorry for upsetting you. This has all been a big misunderstanding, so please be lenient with the Grand Princess Consort.” After hearing her son’s apology, Concubine Su knew that she could not pursue the matter any further and angrily turned to walk away. Taking hold of Eun Jung’s jaw with his index and thumb fingers, Prince JiangSu tilted her face to the side to examine her bruised cheek. Looking on with concern, Prince Dae Hyun asked, “Is she okay?” Turning his attention back to his brother, Prince JiangSu replied sarcastically, “Thanks to your royal mother’s leniency, my wife will be just fine.” Before Prince Dae Hyun could further express his remorse over the incident, Prince JiangSu continued to say, “If you don’t mind, I have to take her home now.” Without waiting for Prince Dae Hyun to respond, Prince JiangSu led Eun Jung away.
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Kay.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3804

• jaimejks-psh
First off, THANKS for the update!!
Second, I am starting to fall in love with JiangSu. He is such a nice prince. And he came to her rescue. Evil concubine Su--hate her already.
Third, I love Eun Jung. I love her strong personality and for standing up fo herself. Kudos!

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3815

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
Jiang Su, you are my hero!! errr, eun jung's hero, that is! :D

JJH looks really cool in that pic. haha! but my heart belongs to sukkiehye, or in this case, jiang su and eun jung (the way he protects her and the way they banter). oh, love!

more, more :)

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3825

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
what a twist of events. I had a feeling 'bout Concubine Su character towards Eun Jung, feel like pounding my fist *that would hurt*, anyways, starting to love Prince Jiangsu more, he sure is protective towards his Grand Princess Consort / wife. Am curious about
Prince Dae Hyun character towards Eun Jung and his brother.

This chapter gave me a smile, good laugh, bit of angst, love, great dialogues. Gave me a glimpse of YAB eps too. lol
and anxious and can't wait for the next. Thanks Jessicaaron, great writing !

The plot thickens.

Re:The Gilded Cage (In Progress) 14 years 3 months ago #3870

• Agie
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 4
Ok...I really had good laugh about the drooling thing...hehehhehe Eun Jung such smart girl when bantering with her prince...
But why Eun Jung cannot defend herself infront of Concubine Su...or is it because she was to shock or trying to hold herself because she doesnt want to embarassed Prince Jiang Su....
I hope Eun Jung can show her determination and her strong will and not get herself bully by people in the palace...sigh...
Moderators: Mandy, narjess89
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds