Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan

You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #32987

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
20110106_yourebeautiful.jpg

It was recently revealed that the drama “You’re Beautiful” was ranked the #1 Hallyu drama in DVD sales in Japan, and results from the data analysis also showed that Korean dramas are still receiving immense popularity overseas.

According to Japan’s stock company CCC (Culture Convenience Club), data from ‘Tsutaya‘, a DVD and CD sales and rental company, data was gathered from January to December of 2010 to rank the most popular DVDs and CDs. In total for 2010, the data showed that more than 693,740,000 copies were sold or rented out for 2010.

Furthermore, analyzed results showed that there were a total of 2,500 rental subscribers and online memberships for each store, with each person renting out 27.7 units in those 12 months.

Additionally, the number of Hallyu dramas bought or rented out increased by 20% from the previous year, with a total of 108,480,000 copies sold or rented. The popular drama “You’re Beautiful” was also ranked the #1 Korean drama in Japan of 2010.

Source: Yonhap News via Daum Media
thanks VITALWARNING - Allkpop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, gailnav, monomi, tulipanns, gwen, Rosie, Vicky, Laurabianca, domino916, leezomar

Re: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #32992

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
I 'm happy with that news, how I wish, if not korea, Japan would dare to make a drama, for JGS and PSH together, or perhaps someone out there in Japan would dare to produce YAB season 2. YAB for me is the best korean drama series, and it will always be no.1 in my heart.:touched
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, monomi, Vicky, Katty

Re: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #32997

• tulipanns
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1909
I was estactic when I read about that Elana and Laura ! U can understand why YAB is so popular all around Asia and why Sukkie has been doing so many FM in Japan!! He's even going back in Feb to hold another one !! They are so lucky to be able to see him so often!

Go YAB U are all fantastic :luvluv:
The Star and the Moon are a match made in Heaven......

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, monomi, Vicky, Laurabianca

Re: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #33013

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
@ annie my dear sister

remember what avian has posted in our geunshin thread, Japan was both memorable for our geunshin couple, I think it was 10-15 pages previous away, when shin hye and JGS signature both seen at a japanesse restaurant, I don't remember the exact details, I might read it too again, because avian explain no wonder why these two love Japan,

God bless, and happy, happy for YAB, I hope it will continue to break it's record on sale! and I hope it will continue to be no.1
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, monomi, tulipanns, Vicky

Re: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #33041

• tata0103
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1703
OMG...congratulations to YAB for still being the no. 1 kdrama in 2010 in Japan (im sure other Asian countries,as well)...

I also read somewhere that soompi executive was interviewed on arirang (heart to heart dec 27, 2010) and they said
that YAB is the most popular korean drama worldwide...

WHAT AN EXCEPTIONAL FEAT FOR A DRAMA THAT ENDED A YEAR AGO..when could we hear about a season 2???

AND EVEN THEIR OST, it is still in the Top 3...my favorite band even if fictional only..
don't they deserve a follow-up album?

again, KUDOS TO YAB and hope that it continues to be no. 1...
FOR THE ANJELLs, for their continuous success, fame and recognition as I love all of them
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, gailnav, monomi, tulipanns, gwen, Vicky

Re: You’re Beautiful” drama was the #1 Korean drama in Japan 13 years 3 months ago #33116

• monomi
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 271
really ? congratulations to all crews of YAB and those whom made YAB #1 Korean drama in Japan..

@tata
yeah...i saw that interview too...and would like to share about it...

here is the Arirang "Heart to Heart" story about CEO or founder of Soompi, talked about how YAB is the most popular korean drama outside Korea....(08:06)

www.arirang.co.kr/Player/TV_Player.asp?c...CR0106&vod_key=57108

:piggyrabbit
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by monomi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, elankham, Vicky
Moderators: Vicky, Maris
Time to create page: 1.349 seconds