Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142363

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
P
Park Shin Hye showcases the hidden charms of Korea with VISA #notatourist CF

VISA has launched a new Korean tourism campaign titled ‘Not A Tourist’ featuring actress Park Shin Hye, as she introduces the hidden charms of Korea to Asia and beyond.

In the CF, Park Shin Hye is seen visiting the Bukchon Hanok Village, a cafe near Hangang River Park, and also tasted spicy rice cakes at a traditional Korean market, as she introduced the charms of daily life in Korea which resonates more with Koreans than visiting the usual tourist attractions listed on a travel itinerary.

image-68.jpeg

VISA had previously engaged global stars like Pierce Brosnan, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jackie Chan, and Zhang Ziyi to model for them in Korea. It changed tactic last year by engaging Park Shin Hye, and she became the first Korean star to model for VISA in Korea.

Through Park Shin Hye, VISA hopes to leverage on her Hallyu star popularity to present the natural charms of Korea in the CF which will be aired first in Hong Kong, and simultaneously in Mainland China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, and other countries in the Asian region.

Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye recently became the first Korean actress to have more than 10 million followers on Chinese social networking site Weibo.

My Note

Hullo everyone❗️
:heartsh:
It's great to be able to interact with you all again
Have not been able to log in or if I did could not post.....
It will take some time to catch up with things here but hope you all are doing great...
:luvluv:

Above is another article on the news posted above by Bluenb...

Shinhye Visa cards do make me want to visit Korea....something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. This is what every country needs to do.....preserve their culture and cities as seen in the above pic......that's what makes each place unique , worth seeing and enjoyable. This is what attracts the tourists.
Also, for their own people......the new generation should know where their roots are and take pride in that.....
In this way, I like the concept of Visa card........and.....needless to say their selection of Park Shin Hye as their first Korean spokesperson replacing other noteworthy non-Korean celebrities above........ :)

Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Jenzzy, klebis, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142385

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
may I add this article from heraldcorp..... Shinhye should be the ambassador for Korea Tourism.

Park Shin-hye promotes Korea with VISA

American financial company Visa said Tuesday it would unveil an advertising campaign featuring actress Park Shin-hye, its brand spokesmodel.

Designed to reveal Korea’s hidden charms to foreign tourists, the commercial is set to feature destinations people can enjoy in daily life -- including Bukchon Hanok Village, a traditional marketplace and small cozy cafes near Hangang Park.

The advertising campaign starring Park will air in Hong Kong first and gradually expand into other Asian countries including Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and Thailand.

“According to Korea’s tourism agency, the number of tourists in Korea hit 14 million last year, with five nations -- China, Japan, the U.S., Taiwan and Hong Kong -- accounting for 73.1 percent of the total,” VISA Korea’s head Iain Jamieson said. “We are pleased to promote Korea’s destinations to global travelers.”

cr: khnews @heraldcorp.com
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142388

• Maris
Park Shin Hye introduces us to Korea’s hidden charms in new Visa campaign
by whatadrama on Tue, Dec 15, 2015

Park Shin Hye is not a typical tourist in her new Visa campaign. She gives us tips on ways to experience Korea like the Koreans do. On December 15, 2015, Visa Korea released photos from its Not A Tourist campaign. In the photos, actress Park Shin Hye explores the hidden charms of Korea.

image-69.jpeg

Park Shin Hye visits Bukchon Hanok Village, a rustic, quaint neighborhood in Seoul. Park Shin Hye also explores the little cafes by Han River Park and shares Korean food with friends at a street market.
The places Park Shin Hye visits are not the well known, typical tourist destinations. Instead, Park Shin Hye visits places that the locals frequent and show Koreans' everyday lives at their best.

Visa’s Not A Tourist campaign makes us think outside the box. "Why would you want to see the Seoul Tower? Wouldn't you want to experience what the locals do instead?" Park Shin Hye’s photos seem to ask.

Visa Korea president Iain Jamieson commented on the campaign, “I am pleased to promote Korea’s tourist destinations to travelers all around the world through this campaign.” This is Visa’s first Not A Tourist campaign in Korea. Visa has led the Not A Tourist campaigns in London, Tokyo, Hawaii and Bangkok.

Park Shin Hye was appointed as a Visa model for Asia in November 2014. She was the first Korean star to be appointed for the role.

The Visa commercial starring Park Shin Hye will air in Asian countries including Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and Indonesia.

What has Park Shin Hye been up to? She finished filming the movie Hyung with actor Jo Jung Suk and EXO’s D.O. last week. Also last week, Park Shin Hye became the first Korean actress to accumulate over 10 million

My Note

I agree Eve.......Visa Korea did well to select her for this project.......
Although all three are laughing above but the radiant smile of Shinhye is unbeatable and overshadows all
1. She is a well loved and most popular actress from Korea......her consecutive wins of Baeksang popularity awards with big margins.
2. She has the biggest fandom hands down among all the Korean actresses......that's a big plus because in hiring Shinhye, they automatically get free publicity when admirers and fans like us reposts the pics, artic
les and tweets.
3. Shinhye loves to travel and that can be seen in the above pics how much fun she is having.....
Remember Caledonia and Hong Kong projects ? Weren't they pure fun because she had her unique fun ways of introducing things and places.....like a happy virus..

Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, narjess89, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BluenB, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142393

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952

Cr: owner

The news above also mentions Iain Jamieson (President of Visa Korea) expressed Visa Asia has extended their contract with Park Shin Hye because they recognise her popularity and her huge influence in Asia as a Hallyu star.
Cr: tripleEdoubleLU
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kiki22.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142394

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Woah you are still here sis @maris :)

I love Shinhye the best when her laughs are exhilarating and animated. Like you said Maris, like a happy virus =D

Love love VISA concept of Not A Tourist cf....

Park Shin Hye photo includes visits in Bukchon Hanok Village, a cafe near Hangang River Park, and also eating spicy rice cakes at a traditional Korean market as part of the charms of daily life in Korea .... then the usual tourist attractions listed on a travel itinerary.

A rule of thumb is to experience what the locals do, eat at the places they frequent n absorb the landscape n culture... it is visually an exciting and far from ordinary vacation to enjoy.
:shy:

That reminds me of when we got a glimpse of Shinhye in the Buchon Hanok village bts for this VISA cf.
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142395

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952

Cr: owner

Visa representative expressed last year was the first time they worked with Park Shin Hye, they hope to draw on Park Shin Hye's huge popularity power as a Hallyu star to showcase South Korea natural charms.
Cr: PSH Baidubar
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kiki22.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142397

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Thank you @kiki for this follow up news.... That is exciting news !!!

I am hoping this coming year, Shinhye will get cf contracts in Korea more, and renew from her China contracts too :shy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142399

• Maris
Yes Eve! Here again ... :lol:
Left the iPad open......to keep disappearing/appearing.... :lol:
We really would make great travelling companions Eve since that's how I enjoy a place myself......to get the feel of a place, the mood, smells, sights, people, dresses, food, music, buildings....everything rolled in one.......to know where they are coming from and where they are headed to.......the Culture!
The good news is that this year without Shinhye is nearly done! With Next year around the corner......there has to be a project announcement! But......when are the final exams?
MaybeNicole would know....? Or anyone else here from our ever resourceful community....

Kiki you really are a treasure! :P
Your translations are priceless.......giving us news that are not available anywhere else...Thanks! :)

I had just mentioned this fact in one of my post.......the reasons why choosing Park Shin Hye is such a good endorser.. Here , the Visa CEO mentions benefitting from her huge popularity everywhere. Obviously, Shinhye has earned that over the years......well deserved one as a " Most Popular Hallyu actress"
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142436

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
It is the Season for giving and receiving ;)

cr: VISA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88

2014 - Park Shin Hye for VISA 8 years 4 months ago #142645

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Park Shin Hye for Visa.....May we see more pics from this CF too

web_2072952408_c7ecc01e_12363109_1012259342173761_4675985813098291822_o.jpg

web_2072952408_6123bbe8_12370730_1012259338840428_9010088948635881732_o.jpg

web_2072952408_ed5a9b74_1540494_1012259348840427_1705318955130171036_o.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, syelin88
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds