Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PSH in new drama with Kim Hyun Joong (?)

Re:PSH in new drama with Kim Hyun Joong (?) 13 years 9 months ago #18854

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
those are valid reasons as to why SH declined the offer for the lead for MK...

when you said they used SH name to promote last year and didn't accept her was that BOF then??? it's a good thing, huh? wasn't GS also offered that role? i guess SH and GS were meant to work together again for YB...

i hope besides the upcoming FM that this pair will have a movie or a series again soon!!! i miss them so much!!!
The topic has been locked.

Re:PSH in new drama with Kim Hyun Joong (?) 13 years 9 months ago #18925

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
They finally said something to clear the air -

Jung So Min to romance Kim Hyun Joong in Playful Kiss
by Casper on July 15, allkpop -

Days earlier, we revealed that Park Eun Bin and Jung So Min had emerged as the final candidates for the opportunity to be cast in the upcoming drama, Playful Kiss.

Well, the result has finally been revealed by Group Eight on July 16th who have decided to cast Jung So Min, who will now move on from Bad Guy and romance Kim Hyun Joong in Playful Kiss.

PD Hwang In Roe who had personally chosen her, expressed,

“Although Oh Hani (female character name) hasn’t received assurance of love from the man she has kept in her heart, she is a girl that is always smiling and happy. Therefore, her smiling face is very important. When I saw Jung So Min’s big smile, I was certain that she was the one.”

This will also be Jung So Min’s second drama after debuting in Bad Guy. She had edged out 100 others who had auditioned which included Park Bo Young, Park Shin Hye, f(x)’s Sulli, KARA’s Seungyeon, Park Eun Bin, etc.

Filming will begin soon and it will air from September 1st through MBC.

pj0t: dramabeans also has a post about this
www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/jung-so-min-c...ead-in-playful-kiss/
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by pj0t.

Re:PSH in new drama with Kim Hyun Joong (?) 13 years 9 months ago #18933

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
not sure where to post this but from easymagazine - featured Park Shin Hye -

중국 사이트 youeasy.net 인기투표 결과 1위 (2010.07.10~07.16 집계)
Youeasy.net popular vote on a Chinese site

EASY Super 人气王网络票选榜 第四十二期(2010年7月10日~7月16日)
투표결과 : www.youeasy.net/zuixinkuaibao/201007/16-2550.html
cre shinye. net
Why are there so many false casting rumors (post at javabeans, July 18th)
www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/why-are-there...alse-casting-rumors/

If you’ve been following Korean dramas for a while, you probably have noticed a tendency for productions to make casting announcements before things are entirely finalized. Sometimes those initial reports will go on to be confirmed, and sometimes the reports will be followed by a mad flurry of denials, retractions, and internet drama.

Case in point: Playful Kiss, the manga adaptation in the works for this fall. I don’t know what it is about this particular drama that has spurred such madness — maybe it’s a sign of anticipation, or because it is such a potential idol-magnet and we’ve got a number of idols champing at the bit to make their crossovers. Whatever the rationale, the drama has been a breeding ground for false or exaggerated casting news.
--
This article is pretty obvious in outlining the causes, but at least it takes the slant that jumping the gun and reporting falsities are undesirable practices. Recall the Runaway rumors surrounding Jeon Ji-hyun, which the actress’s management was swift to counter. In cases when the name in question is a big star, it’s likely that the production is trying to use the press and public opinion to sway a hesitant actor into accepting.

In the case of Playful Kiss, I think we’ve got a mix of all three of the above reasons, which may explain why there was such a clusterfuck of random reporting coming out in swift succession. It seems as though the Park Shin-hye and Lee Min-ho rumors were wishful thinking on the production’s part, since I can’t see those two accepting in the first place. (I’m going to speculate that neither was seriously considering the drama. They’ve both taken very similar roles recently, and probably want to move on.)

As for the other names, I suspect management was trying to drum up public support for their stars until the final decision was made. And of course, there were also a number of reporters who jumped the gun to get the scoop. Hence you had one story announcing one actress as a frontrunner just as another outlet put out a story that a different name was almost-maybe-just-about-to-be cast. In reporting any and every possibility, it just heightened the confusion.

I suspect there’s also a fourth reason: the production trying to keep their drama in the minds of the public by periodically releasing news about it, no matter how flimsy the basis for such news.

Basically, this article is a big ol’ reminder to take everything with a grain of salt until reports are declarative and final, rather than operating on speculation.
Via My Daily
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by nu2me.

Re:PSH in new drama with Kim Hyun Joong (?) 13 years 9 months ago #19259

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
Mischievous Kiss to Start Filming on July 22

Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min will be beginning the shooting for MBC drama 'Playful Kiss' soon.

On the 21st with a phone interview with Newsen, a drama related personnel revealed that both of them will begin first day shooting on 22nd. They have been preparing alot for this.

'Playful Kiss' is adapted from the original same-name Japanese manga titled 'Itazura na kiss'. Kim Hyun Joong will be portraying the male protagonist Baek Seung Jo, whilst rookie actress Jung So Min will be portraying the female protagonist Oh Ha Ni.

Both Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min had held several meetings together inclusive of script reading before official shooting will start, that's done so as to further progress in chemistry since it will be their first time working alongside each other. Especially for Jung So Min's case, even before she could finish filming for 'Bad Guy', she's already decided for her next project, which just proved the potential in her in future days to come.

Credit: dkpopnews

No more SH in this drama. Thread will be locked.
Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Lets look forward for her coming project and continue to support our star!
:D
Moderators: Vicky, Maris
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds