Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE

HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19808

• shellmaprain
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 18
Almost 8 months since its last episode was aired in South Korea,
the worldwide hit Korean drama "You're Beautiful" is expected to charm and gain a following of Pinoy fans as it debuts on Philippine TV this coming August 2010.

Korean drama fans and addicts are looking forward for the release of the Filipino-dubbed version of the 2009 SBS drama series which was also licensed to air in other Asian countries like Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore.

Awaiting confirmation is the exact release date of the drama locally by ABS-CBN- "The True Home of Asianovelas". With a number of fans following the local promotions for the drama, it has been chronicled that to date, a music video of one of the songs in the drama soundtrack, "Still" was seen as part of the playlist of music channel MYX.

Earlier this year, one of the stars of the drama, Lee Hong Ki, together with his real life bandmates in Japanese/Korean Pop Rock Band "FT Island", visited the Philippines for their Manila 2010 showcase. The band dropped by ABS-CBN hit program "Showtime" and performed the song "Still" live in front of the wild audience composed of Pinoy and Singaporean fans. After the number, Hong Ki also invited the Pinoy fans to watch the drama on ABS-CBN upon its release.

Waiting since October 2009, the fans and fanatics went as far as looking to Twitter accounts of known writers and or reporters for any news regarding the drama's much awaited premiere. *** Note. More about the airing date discussion on the kapamilyanovelas guestbook and on the pinoyexchange thread www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444067 ***

Now everyone wishes for the best timeslot for the drama.
Having fans within a very wide age bracket, it seems that this will be a hard decision to make,
for the teens will prefer its airing after the late night news,
while those at working office will prefer to watch it at later hours at night.

One thing is for sure, as reflected on discussion boards and various online forum,
most of the Pinoy Kdrama fans and the enthusiasts would want to catch the drama on primetime [read: night not late afternoon].
As this has been, and still is, being the hot topic among the local Korean drama viewers,
the timeslot remains the biggest issue about the drama's local airing.

Other issues include the release of the official teaser or trailer, the retaining or replacing or making a Tagalog version of the songs in the soundtrack, having local talents adapt the original soundtrack, making their own versions of the songs in the track list, and whether the dubbed voices are appropriate or suited to the characters.

Sure, it is a challenge to please the fans, especially on local airing of Korean drama shows of this level.

Recognized as having a cult following, "He's Beautiful" - the drama's official international title - was aired in South Korea from October 7 to November 26, 2009 and stars popular Korean actor/host Jang Geun Suk, actress/host Park Shin Hye, actor/singer Lee Hong Ki and actor/singer Jung Yong Hwa (of Kpop band C.N.Blue) as the fictional pop-rock band A.N.JELL, with actress/singer UEE (of Kpop girl group After School).

The hit Korean drama is written by the duo of the Hong Sisters- Hong Mi Ran and Hong Jung Eun, the creators of Korean drama "My Girl". As the drama concluded, a limited edition Director's Cut DVDs were released and patronized by fans from countries across the globe. The drama also has a 2 part soundtrack which are also available on local record stores.

credits to: mytruestyle810303.multiply.com
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by shellmaprain. Reason: wrong entry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19824

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
Thanks for sharing this news...so will YB finally air in August???
so now they're trying to figure out what's the best timeslot for this wonderful drama??? they should show it 2x then....
i'm sure it'll have a huge following!!

then again, shouldn't there be previews already of the dubbed HB??? and who are the dubbers? if not, i doubt it'll even start in August....

would love to hear who will be singing the OST in Tagalog version!!!

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19831

• roxie18
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 240
really??really??really?:woohoo: it wil be aired this august??..i hope it will be aired after "rubi" ended..(2 weeks from now i think):)
im so excited..i hope its true :pinch:
i also heard that the dubbing of the whole series are finished already(news from lycille unnie..hehehe)
i wonder if the voices fits the characters..yipeee...im so so excited..i dont know if i can still sleep??...kekeke :D
[glow=blue,2,50]
I
LOVE
PARK
SHIN HYE!!!
[/glow]

how to make a gif

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19842

• lycille
  • Expert Star
  • geunshin forever
  • Thank you received: 525
OMG!!! this is it GUYS!!! Got Some juicy updates from PEX, that Nina Corpuz who happens to be one of the regular reporter /news anchor in ABS CBN twit that our everdearest drama HE's Beautiful will be shown on August 16 at 5:15 pm...

Whoa im so excited already... and also some of them post some msgs that they actually saw the teaser of YB during the Pilipinas WIN NA WIN, plugging that it will be aired soon, no definite date and time slot yet...

and also NINA CORPUZ is also a self proclaimed YB addict...

she really posted it her twitter account...

whoa GUYS this is what we've been waiting for...

a pandemonium of YB Shippers thru out the Philippines...

hahahaha

@lopeznicolo that's also primetime, bago mag tv patrol. tingnan natin, baka pwede i-replay ng studio 23. what time ba ang gusto nyo? :)
10:13 PM Jul 30th via web in reply to lopeznicolo

Correction: He's Beautiful (Ur Beautiful) debuts on ABS-CBN on Aug. 16, Monday (not Aug 15).
5:14 PM Jul 30th via The Visitor Widget
Reply Retweet
Ok Koreanovela fans, I found out ABS-CBN is finally airing "He's Beautiful" (this is the international title) starting Aug. 15!!! 5.15pm!
4:51 PM Jul 30th via web
So my cameraman is complaining about my dark undeye circles due to lack of sleep...due to the Koreanovela You're Beautiful. I'm an addict.
4:49 PM Jul 30th via web

nina's twit messages..

i really do hope its TRUE.... plsssssssssssssssss

thanks also PEX
The most effective comeback to an insult is SILENCE :)

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19844

• Little Piggie
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 320
Haha congrats~! ^•^ all ur wishes have been fulfilled. Hope u guys will enjoy the show on ur tv screens loads( that's for sure!). Really feel happy for u guys that YB can be aired in Philippines! Wow, YB is sure popular eh? Spreading across the SEA. Yippee (^_−)−☆

Hugs xD

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19848

• lycille
  • Expert Star
  • geunshin forever
@ little piggie, thanks a lot...after so many months of praying...Finally YB will come to our home now...

worth the wait............

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19857

• lycille
  • Expert Star
  • geunshin forever
This is GUYS!!! after so many months of WAITING...ABS CBN now showing TEASER of our much awaited drama "You're Beautiful, this is an indication of YB FEVER will come to us, VERY VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19859

• lagman
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 4
yahoooo..finally!!! kahit andito ako sa singapore...aabanagan ko tlga yan!!! ove u shin hye!!! mahal tlga kita..ikaw ang idol sa korean celebrities...

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19875

• betsy
  • Live.Love.Laugh
  • Thank you received: 1654
yahooo!!! mukhang ito na talaga to...sana..sana..sana...:S
may teaser na ba?...I'm so happy (but still ayaw ko pa rin umasa..keke)
I hope this time it's true..don't want to be frustrated again and again..
Ang saya!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
thanks for the update gera and lycille..hugs :)
lahat ng mga YB addict here in the Phil....let's volt in...hehe :lol:

\"I help you because (I love you) you are my butler, and a master should provide his/her butler\'s needs\"--Nagi

Re: HE'S BEAUTIFUL - PHILIPPINE TV PREMIERE 13 years 9 months ago #19904

• bb_blue
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 2
At last! After almost 1 year of waiting it will finally be shown here in the Philippines!
  • Page:
Moderators: Vicky, Maris
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds