Also known as: Tree of Heaven / Heaven's Tree / Trees in Heaven
Japanese Name: ???? / Tengoku no ki
Chinese Name: ????
Episodes: 10
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2006-Feb-08 to 2006-Mar-09
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis:
Hana is a bright young girl who lost her father at a young age. When her mother returns to Japan, she comes with her new Korean husband and his son Yunsuh. Yunsuh
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sumo

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #731

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
i remember watching this...it was a sad story...i cried like crazy...
i din't even know about it until my daughter told me about it, because she knew i cried too when i watched Stairway...

it would be nice to see SH paired off with him again, they seem to be a great couple too!!!

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #733

• soracantabile
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 1
Did shinhye learn Japanese for this drama, or she already spoke Japanese before this drama??
her Japanese is good here.. but not perfect intonation..

and I agree.. shinhye-leewan make a great couple too...
but I don't know why, I more like them in stairway than in tree of heaven..although they have similar character in both drama..

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #861

This the first drama i've watch w/ park shin hye back in 2006... :)
I cried so many times on this drama.
She was really good actress back then knowing she was just 15 at that time. :kiss:

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #864

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Did you guys see their interview yet? It is posted in the PSH thread.

And yeah, I definitely think Lee Wan and Shin Hye need to repair now that she's old enough to kiss! However, I really want them to have a happy ending. Tree of Heaven almost seemed like Romeo and Juliet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonia loubaresse

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #1209

• almontel
i was thinking along the same as you mandy...ha ha ha...i know that SH was too young at that time to have had a kissing scene with him...how old was LW then and how old is he now...

i wish they'd get to be paired off again where they can finally share an intimate kiss but please give us a happy ending...

i ditched GoongS and stopped watching it and rewatched ToH again...just finished it and my eyes are puffy again...PSH did a great job here and so did LW...i sensed their chemistry here and they had so many sweet scenes...esp that time when they had to kiss with the glass window between them and the part when SH has to wash his hair...

does anyone have a link to share of a ToH BTS anywhere to share here??? i'd love to see that too...and yes, i've watched that interview they had when they flew back to Korea after filming in Japan...

i thought PSH spoke pretty good Japanese...does she really know how to speak Japanese fluently???

I give Toh 4.75***** out of 5.... :cheer:

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #1212

• gonnabeme
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 23
almontel wrote:
i thought PSH spoke pretty good Japanese...does she really know how to speak Japanese fluently???

yes, she can speak in Japanese language. so does JGS and JYH.. :)

dun worry, b happy.. :)

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #1215

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Lee Wan is 6 years older than Shin Hye. When they were filming TOH, he was 22 and Shin Hye was 16. In Korean years, she is 17. I guess she has to be 18 to be able to do kiss scenes so if this show was made 1 year later, we would have definitely seen LOTS of kisses in that show.

That's the only BTS I have of Shin Hye and Lee Wan for TOH. :(

And yes, I did read somewhere that Shin Hye can speak Japanese fluently. I don't know where she gets all this time to learn these things.

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #1272

• almontel
gonnabeme wrote:
yes, she can speak in Japanese language. so does JGS and JYH.. :)

wow, that's great!!! i was just trying to remember her demeanor during the Japan fan meet, I didn't see her get up to speak to the fans in Japanese like JGS and JYH did...so i thought she didn't know how to speak japanese.. :P
and when I first watched TOH sometime a couple years back, didn't know whether she was speaking in Japanese or Korean so i didn't even know ....aiyoooooooooooo..... :blush:
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by almontel.

2006 (SBS) Tree of Heaven '천국의 나무' 14 years 2 months ago #1275

• almontel
Mandy wrote:
Lee Wan is 6 years older than Shin Hye. When they were filming TOH, he was 22 and Shin Hye was 16. In Korean years, she is 17. I guess she has to be 18 to be able to do kiss scenes so if this show was made 1 year later, we would have definitely seen LOTS of kisses in that show.

wow, he was 6 years older...but in the beginning I thought he was only around 20 when he had the longer hair...then whe he had his haircut, he looked his age...ha ha ha...but he was still good looking...i really wouldn't mind seeing SH paired off with him again!
That's the only BTS I have of Shin Hye and Lee Wan for TOH. :(

uhhhh...that's too bad...i really really wanted to see if they had fun doing those 'sweet' moments together...the bathtub and the kiss in between the glass window and all...
And yes, I did read somewhere that Shin Hye can speak Japanese fluently. I don't know where she gets all this time to learn these things.
thanks for this response...i wonder if she's learning English now that she has an International fan club? i really hope she'd get to visit us here sometime soon just to say Hello...wish we can ask her some questions while online...

all i know is that i really really like ToH!!! even though I really abhor SAD endings the most...i always want a fairytale romance with and They lived happily ever after....i'm such a sucker for great romantic love story...i think tha'ts why i got so addicted to YB!!!
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by almontel.
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.788 seconds