Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家)

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85078

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
For those who have not checked out Park Shin Hye as Nagi in Taiwanese drama "Hayate the Combat Butler"
I've repost an objective analysis posted by ockoala on June 20, 2011
First Impressions on Hayate the Combat Butler with Park Shin Hye and George Hu

My drama load also added two new dramas - in addition to watching episode 1 of Material Queen, a second new TW-drama premiered this weekend that I also wanted to check out, Hayate the Combat Butler with Park Shin Hye and George Hu. The previews were frankly not all that, so I dialed my expectations way low and went in either to get bored or snark.

The cool thing is that neither was my reaction – I thoroughly enjoyed episode 1. Actually, my reaction was a little more than that – I adored it. I watched it with a giant grin on my face the entire time. It was charming, sweet, and absolutely nailed the manga-adaptation tone and vibe. It really is a live-action of an anime, so whether you like it might depend if you enjoy hyper-real situations wrapped in youthful sincerity. If episode 1 of Material Queen was a fine glass of Bordeaux, then episode one of Hayate is guzzling a delicious tumbler of Yakult.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Angel88

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85079

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

I find both George and Shin Hye perfectly cast, and together they have the cutest puppies-and-rainbows kind of chemistry. It’s totally undeniable, and will make their story so much fun to watch unfold. Yes, the acting is all-around mediocre, but that’s not the point. George has this sincere vibe that totally captures the character of Ling Qi Sa, a humble boy with extraordinary skills who is down on his luck thanks to his debt-ridden parents. I love Xiao Zi (Shin Hye’s character) as well, equal parts bratty kindness and naive young girl.

The first meeting between Sa and Xaio Zi was so utterly winning that I’ve watched it multiple times now, each time feeling this warmth and laughter in my belly. Xiao Zi thinks Sa is coming on to her, but instead he is trying to kidnap her for ransom but is too polite so he asks for her permission first, using such lines as “I need you” and ending with “I want to enslave you.” Mwahahaha, these two kids are going to be a barrel of laughs together since they are both so dim about love and life in different ways.

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85080

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Continue....

The dubbing doesn’t bother me at all, because the voice chosen for Shin Hye is not high pitched and cutesy, but is actually quite lovely on the ears with a very fluid delivery. The OST is surprisingly mellow and restrained for a manga-adaptation, nothing outstanding but nevertheless the music chosen is a good fit for the drama.

Episode 1 is just the set-up, bringing Sa into the world of Xiao Zi and making him her personal butler. I’m hoping the sweet friendship and love story between the lady and her butler will work in a way that My Fair Lady with Yoon Eun Hye and Yoon Sang Hyun failed to deliver because the script was such a mess. Hayate feels like such a breath of fresh air, a Summer drama that doesn’t aim high but rather delivers simple enjoyment and happiness. I can’t ask for more. Hayate is a win in my book.
The dubbing doesn’t bother me at all, because the voice chosen for Shin Hye is not high pitched and cutesy, but is actually quite lovely on the ears with a very fluid delivery. The OST is surprisingly mellow and restrained for a manga-adaptation, nothing outstanding but nevertheless the music chosen is a good fit for the drama.

Episode 1 is just the set-up, bringing Sa into the world of Xiao Zi and making him her personal butler. I’m hoping the sweet friendship and love story between the lady and her butler will work in a way that My Fair Lady with Yoon Eun Hye and Yoon Sang Hyun failed to deliver because the script was such a mess. Hayate feels like such a breath of fresh air, a Summer drama that doesn’t aim high but rather delivers simple enjoyment and happiness. I can’t ask for more. Hayate is a win in my book.

Written by Ockoala
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Angel88, Chars

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85083

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Park Shin Hye and George Hu promoting 'Hayate' from their media tour

cr: ockoala
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Angel88

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85084

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Park Shin Hye and George Hu preparing sandwiches....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel88

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 11 months ago #85085

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:heartsh:

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 10 months ago #86572

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Park Shin Hye with George Hu in T-drama 'Hayate the Combat Butler'
por Tanya Rodriguez en jue, Jun 05, 2014

Hayate the Combat Butler is coming to DramaFever! It is based on a shonen manga written by Kenjiro Hata, which was later turned into an anime. What better way to celebrate than to get to know our characters and compare the Taiwanese cast to the anime?

image_2014-06-06.jpg

1. George Hu as Ling Qi Sa vs. Ayasaki Hayate:
image_2014-06-06-2.jpg

A boy who is working to repay his parents' gambling debts. Through a series of ironic circumstances, he ends up working as a butler and, out of gratefulness, becoming the bodyguard of his new mistress.

2. Park Shin Hye as Xiao Zhi vs. Sanzenin Nagi:
image_2014-06-06-3.jpg

She's the sole heir to the Sanzenin fortune, which puts her at risk to those who would like to steal her family’s money.

3. Tia Li as Maria vs. Maria:
image_2014-06-06-4.jpg

Maid and older sister figure to Xiao Zhi/Nagi. Over time she has become a trusted confidant.

4. Egin Lee as Gui Chuju vs. Katsura Hinagiku:
image_2014-06-06-5.jpg

Left to deal with her family’s debt at a young age, she is admired by all around her. In the anime, she is the student council president, captain of the kendo club and the school’s idol.

5. Sean Lee as Ju Xuan vs. Tachibana Wataru:
image_2014-06-06-6.jpg

Xiao Zhi/Nagi’s fiancé.

6. Wes Luo as Duan Mu Zhe vs. Saginomiya Isumi:
image_2014-06-06-24.jpg

Best friend of Xiao Zhi/Nagi. She is softspoken, traditional, and gets lost often. For the drama, the character was changed to be a male.

My Note: for all those who have not had a chance to watch this drama ......like me......can now do that . :)
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Angel88

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 10 months ago #86607

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
found this... I love the shares regardless of who/where it came from... our objective is to spread the love and lots of news about Park Shin Hye. Love u all. Fighting!

cr: tagged and, PSH_Supporters
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel88, Chars, kimloveeun, gominam1990

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 10 months ago #86622

• gominam1990
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 560
yeah i agree w/ you sis... shin hye and george hu were the best actors to portray those roles.. their so cute and they also look good together well actually any actor whether korean ot not looks good w/ our shin hye.. hehe :luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Angel88

2011 (GTV) Hayate The Combat Butler (旋風管家) 9 years 10 months ago #86648

• hacci143
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 3454
I love shinhye here in hayate... she being xiao zhi, shes so bratinella but she has the heart.. she compliments well with xiao sa and the story is so cute...

This one I highly recommend for you guys to watch... :superkiss: j

pshh.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Chars, gominam1990
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.229 seconds