Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2007 (MBC) Kimcheed Radish Cubes '깍두기'

2007 (MBC) Kimcheed Radish Cubes '깍두기' 8 years 6 months ago #137522

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Finally finished watching all 44 episodes! Actually this is my 2nd time watching this drama. I did not go pass the 2nd episode the 1st time I watched it because I did not like the child-like character PSH was playing. After reading the posts here, I decided to re-watch it and it was worthwhile. A good family drama with minimal annoying characters.

HaSom's great-grand mother plays the same irritating character she played in A Good Day for the wind to Blow...hehehe
Always act and judge before knowing the real situation. She was good at it. LOL

If there is anyone who says PSH's acting is forced and overacted or unnatural, I would say Ji Hye and Eun Ho takes 1st and 2nd place respectively (sorry for the comparison, just stating a point) in this drama. SH was good in this drama but her chemistry with JSW was a bit odd. I could not accept her being 23 (in this drama) and exhibiting the behaviour of a 15 yr old and falling for a 29 yr old JSW! Luckily her character matured as the drama progressed.

Hope that PSH (25) and JSW (37) would re-unite in a new drama. Would love to see their chemistry now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, fgnuva, yummiejeu

2007 (MBC) Kimcheed Radish Cubes '깍두기' 8 years 6 months ago #137547

• nistymaj
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 147
Sis@DOH I salute you... Wow so this is the 2nd time you have watched this and it still hasn't tickled your full interest yet you sat through it. What we do for our love for Shin Hye. But I understand what you mean. The age gap is too big. Yet, their romance was believable for me. I find the quiet but intense JSW is a good foil to the bubbly, adventurous but a little naive Shin Hye. Most roles of Shin Hye that time depicted her as years older than her actual age. I'm echoing your wish sis that they can act together again :pray:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOH

2007 (MBC) Kimcheed Radish Cubes '깍두기' 8 years 6 months ago #137551

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
DOH wrote:
Finally finished watching all 44 episodes! Actually this is my 2nd time watching this drama. I did not go pass the 2nd episode the 1st time I watched it because I did not like the child-like character PSH was playing. After reading the posts here, I decided to re-watch it and it was worthwhile. A good family drama with minimal annoying characters.

HaSom's great-grand mother plays the same irritating character she played in A Good Day for the wind to Blow...hehehe
Always act and judge before knowing the real situation. She was good at it. LOL

If there is anyone who says PSH's acting is forced and overacted or unnatural, I would say Ji Hye and Eun Ho takes 1st and 2nd place respectively (sorry for the comparison, just stating a point) in this drama. SH was good in this drama but her chemistry with JSW was a bit odd. I could not accept her being 23 (in this drama) and exhibiting the behaviour of a 15 yr old and falling for a 29 yr old JSW! Luckily her character matured as the drama progressed.

Hope that PSH (25) and JSW (37) would re-unite in a new drama. Would love to see their chemistry now.

Hi sis @DOH I was actually going to watch this drama again... and like you, when I first watched it, I gave up after a couple of episodes, and like you I thought it was odd that PSH was playing the role of a 20+ woman but her actions were like that of a teener (which actually she was when she did this drama, wasn't she only 18 or 19 at that time? she did this before You're Beautiful, which I think she did when she was 19).

I like JSW especially after he appeared in "My Princess" (Kim Tae-hee/Song Seun-heon) in a cameo role. He seems to be a nice guy. It'd be nice if he paired up again with PSH, this time being older and a full-grown woman. That'll be interesting. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, DOH, yummiejeu

Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds