Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102566

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
Here's a clearer translation of the behind idea of Pinocchio :)

Behind the idea of 'Pinocchio' (from SBS website)

Pinocchio’s nose became longer than ever, so long that he could not even turn around. If he turned to the right, he knocked it against the bed or into the windowpanes; if he turned to the left, he struck the walls or the door; if he raised it a bit, he almost put the Fairy’s eyes out.

- from the children’s tale ‘Pinocchio’

~*~*~*~*~*~

We began creating this drama under an interesting presumption.
If there really were people in the world who would get found out immediately after they tell a lie, and what if that person became a reporter.

It is said that one out of 2000 people are narcoleptic, and would fall asleep without warning at any time. One out of 1.25 million people cannot feel pain, from stomachache to the temperature around him/her.

In this drama, there exists a patient of Pinocchio’s Syndrome, who hiccups whenever she lies. Since she would get found out once she tells lies, she has to stick to the truth. When lies is a necessary evil of daily living, is it a good thing to be unable to lie as a reporter? Is it a pro or a con?

Are the news we read every day the truth?
Are the truths we hold really as immutable as we think?
… or is it just something packaged nicely to the eyes?

We want to find the answer to these questions.

Just like how Pinocchio’s nose has the danger of sticking into the Fairy’s eyes, the lies of a reporter can also blind the public in a dangerous manner.

These rookie reporters have just begun their journey into the world… they are immature just like how Pinocchio was.
But now they stand on the frontlines of truth.
Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
But through all this, they will come to understand the worth of their words and how to use it as a weapon.

Just like how Pinocchio turns into a real boy,
they will turn into real reporters.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The society is divided on their opinion towards reporters. Journalists can be irresponsible with their words and write essays of complete fiction, fabricating negative attacks towards public figures. In a society like Korea where public opinion means everything, the damage they do can be gigantic.

Some people have even taken to calling reporters ‘kiregi’ (reporter trash, a mixture of ‘kija’ (reporters) and ‘sseuregi’ (trash)). Yet there doesn’t seem to be many tv series dealing with this topic. Writer Park Hye-ryun has said that she likes to challenge herself with topics that other people haven’t succeeded at. IHYV was a prime example of her exploring the genre of lawyer courtroom drama and succeeding.

cr: hitoritabi
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102607

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
woah... a lot of reading to do. Thank u! all I need is to relax and enjoy each postings. :)
:heartsh:

but what about SBS official site....
notice the date (Nov 12)... Pinocchio will air it's episode 1

LINK here
The following user(s) said Thank You: LukaforLove, Maris, kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102618

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Park Shin Hye And Lee Jong Suk Look Good Together
BY Julie Jones | Oct 24, 2014 10:28 AM EDT

image_2014-10-24-6.jpg

Script readings have started for the upcoming drama "Pinocchio" and already one thing is certain. Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk look great together. These two stars look good next to just about any co-star but they really suit each other and they have the same kind of winning smile and sweet charisma.

They previously modeled together and now make a photogenic drama couple.
The script reading for the drama about rookie reporters took place at the SBS Ilsan Productions Center.

In "Pinocchio" Park Shin Hye plays Choi In Ha, a reporter, who has "Pinocchio syndrome." She cannot tell a lie or pretend to be something she is not or she starts hiccupping violently and gives herself away.
Park Shin Hye was last seen playing a poor girl in a private school in the drama "The Heirs" and as a fashion conscious queen in the film "The Royal Tailors."

Lee Jong Suk plays Choi Dal Po, a rookie reporter at a broadcasting company. He's handsome but does not know how to dress to impress, so people tend to underestimate him. However, he does have what it takes to succeed as a reporter. He's got a photographic memory and is articulate.
Lee Jong Suk was last seen in the medical spy drama "Doctor Stranger" and the film "Hot Young Bloods."
As idealistic rookie reporters Choi In Ha and Choi Dal Po will learn how to achieve a balance between seeking the truth and protecting their own interests.

The rest of the "Pinocchio" cast is appealing too.

Lee Pil Mo, last seen as the second male lead in "Emergency Couple," plays Hwang Gyo Dong, a perfectionist producer who was once a reporter.

Kim Young Kwang, who just starred in "Nine Plus Boys," plays Seo Bum Jo, a chaebol who drifted from working at a fashion magazine to try working on broadcast news. He will have all the fashion skills and visual appeal that Lee Jong Suk's character initially lacks. But viewers can expect that Lee Jong Suk's character will get a makeover and most likely the girl.

Lee Yu Bi, last seen in "Gu Family Book," plays Cha Hye Seung, a fan girl who wants to use her stalking skills as a reporter.

Jo Soo Won, who directed "Gapdong," will direct "Pinocchio." Park Hye Ryeon, who previously wrote "I Hear Your Voice" and "Dream High," is the screenwriter.
"Pinocchio will air next month following "My Lovable Girl."

My note: yes Eve........thanks to our ever vigilant friends many threads are just buzzing with Shinhye's latest news and activities. It makes me very happy to get the latest news in one place........saves lots of time and effort. Thanks everyone!

As regards to the premiere dates, its great to see the official site showing the same date....12th November. It makes sense to consider that as the correct date unless stated otherwise. I can get the confusion arising from the impatient fans anxiously waiting for many weeks to finally see their favorite stars ....... For us specially not having seen Shinhye for over a year in a project.

Every waiting person is keeping track of the drama to be replaced and wether any extension or otherwise might happen to delay Pinnochio. This present confusion seems to have stemmed from no telecasting of this weeks episode of MLG that led to assuming that there might be a probable delay of our drama. But it's great to see SBS still showing same dates. Thanks Eve......for the news AND Irene for so many exciting posts...

Irene it will be great to be watching the drama with you and so many dear friends here. In a way it will be my first too since I could not do so last year with Heirs due to unavoidable circumstances. I look forward to all the present ones in the thread and all the others within the community to be here during the telecasting of Pinnochio so we can enjoy sharing the experience through each other's point of views......

Kim.......Viki and Dramafever are very good for watching any drama in North America. Viki translators do the subbing within 24 hrs and Dramafever are not far behind. For Asian and European countries maybe other friends here can help providing info in regards to watching the episodes at the earliest possible......

As far as live telecast is considered......nearer the time we will have links for that too..... Although, I try to wait for the translated ones so that I get the first impact when I can understand the dialogues too........BUT.......watching live boosts the ratings although I don't know if that holds true for Korean audience only.....can someone throw light on that?

:luvluv:
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102621

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
Bookmarking the live streaming link, thanks nu2me. I hope there will be more streaming site, because it was laggy and frustrating to stream heirs back then. watching on Viki could be fun and annoying at the same time, I like to read the viewers' remarks sometimes, but their comments get out of hand.

There's definitely a chemistry between LJS and PSH on those jambangee photos but I feel like it's more like a brotherly and sisterly kind of feeling, like how i viewed SH with Minyhuk on heirs. So I definitely can't wait to see what their chemistry would be like in Pinocchio. Cus both of them have this young, angelic and innocent look...and LJS has demure aura. So for now I ship him with woobin yay!!! :luvluv:
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by LukaforLove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102624

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I am curious at how In Ha's hiccups background came about.... medically, I've read hiccuping uncontrollably when lies were spoken.. how is it cured... meaning for hiccups to stop... Until I read this... genius :)

Pinocchio Syndrome

(T/N: I love that the writer wrote rules for this created disease. :D)

1. Pinocchio Syndrome is a automatic nervous system illness, which causes the patient to hiccup uncontrollably whenever lying. It is an illness that exists from birth and currently incurable.

2. Even if the patient lies through the phone or by texting, he/she would hiccup.

3. The hiccuping only occurs when you are lying; if your lie is rectified, the hiccups would stop.

4. If small lies are not rectified, the hiccups would slow to a stop with time. But if the lie is huge and is not rectified, then the hiccups will persist.

5. Even everyday lies like “Your daughter is so pretty”, “I’m selling this necklace to you at a loss” cannot be told, which is why patients of this syndrome find it hard to keep jobs, suffering from financial and social difficulty.

6. Because they will be found out once they lie, people believe in everything a patient of this syndrome says.

cr Hitoritabi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, kimloveeun, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102626

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
This part.... I love... where our story will lead us. Writer Park Hye-ryun knows no boundaries, curious, ready to explore story lines where no one have tried.. she's good. I am so ready to take the journey. :heartsh:

The society is divided on their opinion towards reporters. Journalists can be irresponsible with their words and write essays of complete fiction, fabricating negative attacks towards public figures. In a society like Korea where public opinion means everything, the damage they do can be gigantic.

Some people have even taken to calling reporters ‘kiregi’ (reporter trash, a mixture of ‘kija’ (reporters) and ‘sseuregi’ (trash)). Yet there doesn’t seem to be many tv series dealing with this topic. Writer Park Hye-ryun has said that she likes to challenge herself with topics that other people haven’t succeeded at. IHYV was a prime example of her exploring the genre of lawyer courtroom drama and succeeding.

cr Hitoritabi
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102628

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hello Maris, Hi Rin .... Nice to see you here. :)
As we get closer to our long awaited kdrama, Pinocchio... we will sure share with members where to go :blush:

Not that I want to give spoilers.... :lol: just teasing... but I'm secretly hoping for a a Woobin cameo to add a punch of humour. Just saying.... :S on the other hand, I find Shinhye and Jongsuk refreshing couple, they look adorably together... Jambangee certainly gave us that vibe. With In Ha's bluntness vs Dal Po eloquence we are gonna have a fun ride.

"A drama about youth and growing up — the story of a man who lives under a fake name and a woman who can’t tell lies."

:luvluv:
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102720

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
Having Pinocchio syndrome/hiccuping uncontrollably is definitely a challenge for Shin Hye's acting. I wonder if she would be doing it most of the time. I think it wont be easy. I''ve tried fake hiccuping, I sucked up a lot of air that somehow made me feel bloated (not so fun at all)hahahah.
But one thing I'm pretty sure of, is that Shin Hye's hiccups will sound cute :shy:

You think they going to have a conference or some sort before they air the first episode?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102721

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I am too excited for words.... Enjoy !

cr tripleEdoubleLU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 6 months ago #102723

• kimloveeun
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 11476
Love is You.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, narjess89, prettycool610
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.248 seconds