Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스'

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146222

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Wow, thanks everyone for all the updates! Kim Min Suk was unexpected. Hmm..he looks sort of young...going to take a little time for it to sink in to think of him as love interest. So will it be a love triangle between Kim Min Suk and Yoon Gyun-Sang?

Look like Shin Hye's Doctor will air before Uncontrollably Fond and W. Her's will air in June and the other two in July. Wonder how come Doctor will air before Uncontrollably Fond since Uncontrollably Fond has been pre-filmed (still filming right now but will be done soon). Don't understand how these productions work. Anyways glad to see she will be on drama soon. In a way, it's better that it's filmed live instead of pre-filmed. They can make changes in Director or rewrite it as they go along depending on what the K-netizens say. That's what happened with Producer, they changed Directors during the filming. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146223

• Alou68
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 406
Hello...
I just want to ask why a lot of people are very curious what drama is going againts with or will be the rival of Doctors.Shin hye drama?Are they afraid or not confident enough with the storyline.As we all know Shin hye has a stong fan based in Korea as well as other parts of the world all we need is to support her all the way .I know everybody will watch the show because they missed her so much.Have faith that the show will be succesful
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146224

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952
I think it's good to be aware which dramas are airing in the same time slot. It is good to know your competitors. I think 'Beautiful mind' or 'Frankinstein' is going to be Doctors competitor with Jang Hyuk as potential lead at the moment, so there will be two doctor drama at the same time. This will be interesting who wins in the ratings war but for us we only need to support Shin Hye.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Kiki22.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146225

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Haha...sis@Alou68, actually it wouldn't affect Shin Hye's drama because she is aired on Monday-Tuesday time slot. Only the other two dramas will pit against each other on the same day. It's only interesting because Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk are best buddies in real life. Curious to see what the ratings going to be like. Also Shin Hye worked with both actors and are friends with both of them. Wonder who she will support?

But you are right, Shin Hye does have a strong fan base and support her all the way. There are other factors that affect the ratings of the drama like how well the drama is directed or written or if there is another competitive drama on another station that appeal to the Korean viewers. Even though I love Pinocchio and thought it is one of the best dramas, the korean viewers were okay about it, the ratings were decent but not as high as the ratings of Yong Pal or Producer. At that time of Pinocchio I thought it should have higher rating. But good news is the Pinocchio was very very popular overseas and sold for very high price for each episode in China.

For example: An article from Dramafever
The 10 dramas of 2015 that earned the highest viewer ratings in Korea
by Vivi on Mon, Dec 21, 2015

As an international fan of Korean dramas, it can be interesting to see how my viewing tastes compare to those of Korean viewers. Now that 2015 is drawing to a close, we can see which Korean dramas raked in the most domestic viewers this year. According to a recent report by Entertainment Weekly, these are the 10 dramas with the highest viewership ratings for the year.

Note: These rankings are based on average viewership ratings in Korea. Stay tuned for another list of the most-watched shows this year on DramaFever!

Top 10 most-viewed dramas overall:
10. Pinocchio
Network: SBS
Average rating: 13.3%

9. Mask
Average rating: 13.6%

8. Unkind Women
Network: KBS
Average rating: 13.7%

7. Shine or Go Crazy
Network: MBC
Average rating: 14.3%

6. Punch
Average rating: 14.8%

5. Six Flying Dragons
Average rating: 15.4%

4. Mrs. Cop
Average rating: 15.8%

3. Producer
Network: KBS
Average rating: 17.7%

2. She Was Pretty
Network: MBC
Average rating: 18%

1. Yong Pal
Average rating: 21.5%

I support Shin Hye but doesn't mean I love all the work. I couldn't really watch "Hayate the Combat Butler," don't like dubbed Chinese drama.

Hopefully Doctor will do well. Currently Descendants of the Sun is tough to beat, very popular overseas too. Still hoping Shin hye will still get some kind of award. Fighting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146228

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Yes, I too was rooting for Pinocchio.... some ppl thought it was not as interesting... I guess just like Descendants of the Sun.... while a lot of ppl are enjoying this drama... specially the international audience, some may find the story 'plain' .... while most of us watching this drama can't relate at all to that comment. I gave up on some dramas... can't take another love triangle plot, or the lead being abused to no end. Sigh.

We are used to watching almost live filming towards the last episodes of dramas that the pre-production seems a bit strange... but another way of looking at it is.. filming just like in movie production and watching that movie... In a sense. ;)

Well, we miss Shinhye on the small screen... so we will tune in and support her.
:heartsh:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146231

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644

[OSEN = JYP News] : Park Shin Hye, magic fairy of Chemie begins #박신혜 #ParkShinHye #朴信惠 #パク·シネ

image-301.jpeg

image-302.jpeg

Cr as tagged

My Note...

So many factors are in play
Dramas in the same slot do matter because of the ratings. I always log on live for Shinhye's dramas at the time it's aired just for that purpose. Even if I cannot watch it throughout.
It is important that Jackpot does well too because there is a high chance of most of The viewers gained by it will automatically transfer to When Doctors takes its place......at least for the first few episodes.
People are already looking forward to seeing the battle of the stars during the months of June July August....irrespective of which day the dramas starring Shinhye, Han Hye Jin, Suzy, LJS, KWB etc will be aired.
Thus we should watch Shinhye's drama live and the rest recording if you want to watch them....

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, hina24, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146238

• Maris
image-303.jpeg

image-304.jpeg

Credit as tagged
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146243

• Maris

Ji-Soo Joins Park Shin Hye in Doctors as his first love

by girlfriday | April 6, 2016 | 6 Comments

image-305.jpeg

Aw, but who would ever get over her first love if it were Ji-soo (Page Turner)? The up-and-comer has been cast in the new SBS medical drama Doctors, where he’ll play a childhood friend with a one-sided love for our sassy heroine Park Shin-hye (which I guess technically makes her his first love). Puppy crush is pretty much Ji-soo’s specialty, since he broke out in Angry Mom as the puppy with a crush on Kim Hee-sun, and then played the puppy with a crush on Jung Eun-ji in Sassy, Go Go, and is scheduled to play the puppy with a crush on IU in Scarlet Heart: Goryeo later this year.

Doctors is about a cynical wayward heroine with a gangster past, who learns to open up to other people and eventually become a good doctor. Park Shin-hye plays the prickly neurosurgeon who carries scars from her youth (ack, does something bad happen to Ji-soo?), and the drama will be about her growth and transformation as she meets a mentor.

Her mentor will be played by Kim Rae-won (Punch), a neurosurgeon and professor who’s warm and kind and loved by all.
Lee Sung-kyung (Cheese in the Trap) is up to play the heroine’s rival since their school days;
Yoon Kyun-sang (Six Flying Dragons) is considering a role as a chaebol heir who becomes a doctor as an act of rebellion and falls for Park Shin-hye; and
Kim Min-seok (Descended From the Sun) will play another neurosurgeon who also has a crush on her. I’m seeing a pattern here.

All we’re told about Ji-soo’s character is that he’ll have a one-sided love for Park Shin-hye in their youth, and he’ll leave a big impact on her. Aieeee, that makes me nervous already. Why does dramaland always insist on breaking this poor boy’s heart?

Doctors follows Jackpot on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in June.

My Note

I saw him in Sassy Go Go.....he played well there leaving a strong impact with the character. Here, he will be in company with two others with one sided love for Hye Jung! Wow! Can't recall so many characters in love with the female lead. But then who cannot but fall for our girl Shinhye... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....and ......we have not even counted KRW's character as the mentor in this mix.
Also....he is the only one not belonging to the neurosurgeons fraternity...
Like this addition to the cast! ...:)
Btw....I thought YKS had already confirmed for Doctors.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146244

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Actor Kim Ji-soo cast as Park Shin-hye’s first love

Actor Kim Ji-soo is likely to show chemistry with Korean top actress Park Shin-hye in an upcoming SBS TV series “Doctors,” a news outlet Sport Chosun reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The 23-year-old budding actor takes on the role of Soo-chul, who Hye-jung, develops a crush on. Hye-jung, played by Park, is a gangster who becomes a doctor with the help of neurosurgeon Ji-hong, played by actor Kim Rae-won.

Kim Ji-soo made his film debut in the movie “Han Gong-ju” (2014). He also costarred in “One Way Trip” with EXO member Suho and actor Ryu Jun-yeol. He currently appears in KBS 2TV’s drama special “Page Turner,” alongside actress Kim So-hyun.

The new drama will start airing on June 20, preceded by the network's periodic series "Daebak."

By Son Ji-hyoung (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)
:heartsh:

Woah... Ji-Soo looks so cute next to Shin-hye !!
:luvluv:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, seirazde, klebis, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 1 month ago #146245

• Maris

Ji Soo to play Park Shin Hye's first love in new drama 'Doctors'!

By yckim124
Allkpop

image-306.jpeg

Actor Ji Soo is joining Park Shin Hye, Kim Rae Won, and Kim Min Suk in the new SBS drama 'Doctors'.

Kim Min Suk from 'Descendants of the Sun' has already been confirmed to be playing a neurosurgeon with a crush on Park Shin Hye's character, Yoo Hye Jung. On April 5, Prain TPC confirmed that Ji Soo will be playing the role of Soo Chul, Yoo Hye Jung's first love.

Kim Min Suk and now Ji Soo? Betcha fans are screaming in excitement to see the hot actors on 'Doctors'!

My Note
Hullo everyone
Good morning Eve!....
Long time.....:)
Liking the news?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds