Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22795

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
ahh a complete translation from Allkpop
Must former child actresses strip down to escape their childlike image?

by sak019 on September 12, 2010 at 9:00 am

Former child actors and actresses have difficulty casting off their childlike image. This image becomes a double-edged sword for them: it can work as an advantage, but it can also become an obstacle in their long-term acting careers, as a young image limits the kind of roles an one can obtain.

It is no doubt an advantage to have gained exposure through many productions over a long period of time. This allows actors to approach the audience easily with their familiarity and allows them to gradually grow from experience.

However, a fixed image traps adult actors in a stereotype and makes transformation difficult. To the viewers who have watched the child actors act and grow on-screen, these actors will often become instilled in their minds as little gentlemen and ladies. If the now-grown up actors cannot overcome this obstacle, they have no choice but to give up their acting careers.

Kim Jung Hoon, who tried to transform into an adult actor after being immensely popular under the nickname “little gentleman” during his childhood, failed to find his place as an adult actor. Other former child actors also disappeared after failing to capture the viewers’ attention as adults.

For this reason, some actors are choosing options such as physical exposure to shatter their childlike image.

For example, Kang Hye Jung, who played the role of Eun Shil’s older sister in the drama “Eun Shil“, casted off her childlike image through participating in sexual scenes in the film “Old Boy“. Stripping down, especially for actresses, has become the most certain method for discarding their child actor image altogether.

However, some actors are gaining interest for choosing not to do shocking, sexual scenes and instead deciding to slowly mold into adult characters.

Moon Geun Young, who appeared as the child version of heroine Eun Suh in “Autumn in My Heart“, is one of them. After this role, Moon chose roles that gradually increased the age of her characters by participating in films such as “The Tale of Two Sisters“, “My Little Bride“, “Innocent Steps“, and most recently in the drama “Cinderella’s Sister“. By growing on-screen within her various characters, Moon was able to grow naturally as an actress also.

It is the same case with actress Park Shin Hye, who will portray relationship coach Min Young in the upcoming film “Cyrano Agency“.

She stated through her recent interview with OSEN, “There is no need to transform in one fell swoop. I did not try to appear too grown up in this film either. I thought it would be better to change slowly, bit by bit, so as to not pressure the viewers.” For this reason, Park focused on portraying her character as someone who is still youthful but contains a measure of toughness.

There is much anticipation for the future of these intelligent actresses who wisely decided not to rashly hurry into things.

(S: OSEN)
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, meglo

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22796

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Schedule: September 9, 2010

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22797

• natisa
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 447
The pic of her and Daniel Choi look really nice! She is indeed very busy and her new dram'scoming up soon! I hope when she's done with the drama in Taiwan, she will star in a new drama in Korea...I read somewhere that the new drama cinderlla will star SHG and SY, KHJ, Jaeyoong will be film in November, I hope she's part of the cast haha! i'm dreaming again.lolzx

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22801

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hi Roxy_T, Lee Min Jung was also in CA movie stage in Daegu and Busan
from her schedule below. I think they were grouped for the cities.

Cyrano Dating Agency Movie Stage Greetings (Daegu)

Cyrano Dating Agency Movie Stage Greetings (Busan)

From Shin Hye's tweet, she's going to Daejeon (Daegu), and wasleaving Gwangju.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, gailnav

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22823

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
thanks sis eve for all the information about the Love Mini-Concert, Shin Hye's Schedule
and other things, by the way did you notice Shin Hye's Scarf kinda look alike with Sukkie's
scarf notice the picture in between Sukkie's tie and Shin Hye's jacket have the same design. :lol:

GeunShin Similarity.jpg
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, nu2me, betsy, elankham, monomi

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22828

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:lol: good eyes sis Gail. Hugs!
similar taste aye ;) also loving that animal print.

reviews were out on CA's 5 cities nationwide premiere:
from My Star News:
'This movie is fun'. Rising expectations in a more general audience who watched the premiere of the explosion is triumphant in response.

from Osen:
Chuseok this year's most anticipated romantic comedy, riding a word of mouth ''Cyrano Agency" premiere in two daily poksotan set off topic.
Conversation with the audience that day the premiere was conducted, despite the weather, pouring 1 hour before the movie starts, the audience waiting in the theater boasts a 90% audience attendance.

Positive reactions from audience solidifying CA position in the box office.
"This Christmas movie with my family to see". " best of the year this movie was fun. Is highly recommended, such as "may raise gamsangpyeong.

Five cities in the country as the premiere of his audience captivated

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22829

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The first and the last live performances will be showcased. On September 13 at 19:00, Lotte Cinema Konkuk University, "All About Love " romance concert premiere will be held.

The main actors and experts will get directly involved with the audience and will share his/her worries over the romance.
the lead actors and funny trio (gimhyeonseok director, bakcheolmin, jeonahmin) prepared followed by a mini concert.

source: MyDaily.co.kr

We should be hearing more of this mini-concert prior to the opening on the 16th. :whistle:
from BNT News:
Movie release coming up on September 16 - Cyrano Love (Dir: Kimuhyonsoku, starring Uhm Tae-woong, Lee Min-jeong, Daniel Choi, Park Shin Hye) comes 13th (Mon) entrance Ken Hiroshi Lotte Cinema romance concert preview will be held.

The event of the day, Uhm Tae-woong, Lee Min-jeong, Daniel Choi, Shin, Park Chul-min Baku, as well as amines, John Kim, the third person self-proclaimed love expert "to love Cyrano director Hyun-operation group [ plans to attend all] members. [and] love seat will charge for its references to pop progressive columnist Kimutefun overnight, as if to speak on the topic of 9 nights 10 days.

The event, "Shiranoejenshi's" After the briefing, in earnest, "Cyrano love action team" of romance with the solution followed by TALK. During two months of filming [Love] will reveal a problem if the audience to participate in their love life became a professional actor.

From 7:00 to 8:00 pm This will be broadcast live on TV pot site.

News media and officials from the revival of the romantic comedy movie Korean film industry, as films are commercial films are well received and a rare point group operations [[love Cyrano is released this coming September 16, Thanksgiving Movies that would be expected to cause severe gusts in a theater box office.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22830

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
photo from one of the events on 9/11 - 9/12 held.

this one is when SH wore pants. She was with Daniel Choi.

The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22832

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
more photos from when SH wore skirt, in one of the events. sorry can't get vid.

The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 8 months ago #22833

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
this is another SH participation in CA premieres, she was wearing pants with the jacket (was it the same from Sukkie's FM?)

The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds