Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94640

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Park Shin Hye with fellow actor Kim Jung-Tae

:heartsh:
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94641

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Beautiful, poignant, touching, heartbreaking father-daughter love
for me it is a perfect human story, excellent direction and perfect castings

The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94642

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Child actress, Kal Soo-Won surprise us with her adorable child portrayal beyond her years..

Excellent acting from Park Shin Hye as the adult lawyer with fierce determination to fight for freedom for her beloved father, it made me cry buckets.. It was heart wrenching!

:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hacci143, kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94643

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The casts of Miracle on Cell #7 kmovie..

cr: asianwiki
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimloveeun, narjess89, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94718

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
OMG i didn't stop crying when i watched this movie it's sooo emotional

Kal So-Won is great i liked this cute girl she will be a successful actress in the future :bingo:

miracle62_zps8fa55e6f.jpg

fullsizephoto274954.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, kimloveeun, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94739

• hacci143
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 3454
Just re-watched this the other day.. and still it made me bucket of tears :touched

Miracle in Cell No.7 will soon be shown in GMA7 (local Philippine network) in Tagalog version.
I wish they do justice on this :-V
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, narjess89, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94750

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
We gain more understanding,and deeper appreciation of the story ... Let's read Hollywood Reporter's Review.....

1997. Yong-gu (Ryu Seung-ryong) is a mildly handicapped parking garage attendant raising his daughter Ye-sung (Gal So-won) on his own, though she’s clearly the keeper of the household despite being six years old. Yong-gu wants to get her a Sailor Moon knapsack, which leads him to follow another child down a quiet Seoul street to a shop that has them in stock. The second girl -- the police commissioner’s daughter -- winds up dead and Yong-gu is quickly judged kidnapper, rapist and murderer. Yong-gu is fingered as a child-killer in the big house (never good) but after saving his cellmate, Boss Yang-ho (Oh Dal-su) from a shiv in the yard and other displays of pure goodness, the remaining cellmates soon come to understand Yong-gu’s been railroaded. During Yong-gu’s incarceration, Yang-ho and his crew -- academic Chun-ho (Park Won-sang), wily lifer old man Seo (Kim Ki-cheon), secretly sensitive thug Bong-shik (Jung Man-shik), flamboyant Man-beom (Kim Jung-tae) -- conspire to smuggle the one thing Yong-gu wants into the prison: his daughter. Cue hijinks.

The prison escapades with Ye-sung form the bulk of the film, a rambling comedy that’s every bit as absurd as it sounds. But silly as it is, director Lee and his team of regular writers commit fully to the fantasy and build the world so completely it’s easy to let reality slip away. Even the primary set, the prison cell, exists on a fantastical plane. Production designer Lee Hu-kyoung’s bright, homey jail is free of steel bars and bare concrete (the toilet has a door), shot with soft edges by cinematographer Kang Seung-gii to be a space fit for a little girl; it certainly looks nicer than the classroom Ye-sung attends at the orphanage. And it is the prison sequences that contain the most genuine laughs, often refreshingly non-reliant on toilet humor. Ye-sung’s decision to color over the Playboy pinups decorating the walls, Boss Yang-ho’s reading lessons and the sight gags built around keeping Ye-sung hidden are among the highlights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89, Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #94751

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

But then there’s the melodramatic, tragic aspect of the film that gives it its jarring tone. The prison scenes are told in flashback as an adult Ye-sung (Park Shin-hye) addresses a court in an attempt to prove her father’s innocence. Her biggest ally in the quest is Jang Min-hwan (Jeong Jin-young), warden at the time of Yong-gu’s detention. In 1997 Jang is a grieving father whose experience and gut instinct tell him Yong-gu may be innocent. He does his part by looking the other way when Ye-sung sneaks in and by raising the little girl later on. He also digs around police records and uncovers a pattern of political prosecution, police ineptitude and corruption that supports their claims. And Lee has a penchant for heavy-handed imagery (the hot air balloon that gets snagged on barbed wire) and histrionics (walking the green mile) that could bear judicious editing.

It is this odd mix of broad comedy and issue-based drama that makes Miracle so perplexing and logic-defying. It’s hard to tell if Lee has made a social drama (legal shortcomings and cronyism make headlines in Korea) disguised as a goofy comedy or a comedy with an undercurrent of righteous anger. Either way, the film wouldn't work at all if it wasn’t packed with engaging performances by some of Korea’s most reliable second-stringers. Ryu (War of the Arrows) waffles between caricature and affecting as the handicapped Yong-gu, and Gal occasionally suffers an overabundance of cute (though she’s far more interesting than Park), but the rest of the cast more than compensate for their shortcomings, particularly Oh (The Thieves) and Jeong (The King and the Clown). Miracle in Cell No. 7 is one of those films you don’t want to, one you know you shouldn’t, but you just can’t help liking.

LINK Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 9 years 6 months ago #95210

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
cute photos of Shin Hye and So Won.....

BweFZCWCIAAHmHK.jpg-large.jpeg

BweFZdmCQAEzwHn.jpg-large.jpeg

BweFZi5CAAAKH9G.jpg-large.jpeg

cr to the owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, narjess89

2012 - 7번방의 선물 / Miracle in Cell No. 7 8 years 9 months ago #128929

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770
Ohhh whats with GMA really? :lol:
FATHERS DAY SPECIAL

image-134.jpg

image-135.jpg

hope they would venture into arranging for Fan meeting next time (wishful thinking) :lol: Oh I'm loving them right now.. :heartsh:
Great piece indeed for a Father's Day celebration..
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by seirazde.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, purplecharm09, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds