Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76127

• nzida
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 947
sis almontel

if i'm not mistaken, the queen and the king has a cold relationship, and yes that young dude will playing the king. the queen will have an affair with the royal tailor played by Go Soo. Though i don't know to what extent this affair is? crush maybe? i don't think it's going to be something explicit
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76128

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
I think this will be another good experience for Shih Hye. She doesn't have to have a lot of air time but as long as she is able to portray her role convincingly, that is what matters. I JUST finished Miracle in Cell No. 7 and I really was touched. Even though Shin Hye had only about 15 mins of air time, she did such a good job with her role, and she is recognized now internationally for her role in this movie, even winning best supporting actress. I hope this role will really show her acting potential again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76130

• nzida
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 947
i think this movie will be another supporting role for Shinhye as it will focus on the competition between the tailors. I for one think it's high time she becomes a lead in a movie. Just my 2 cents

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76131

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Park Shin-hye to Play Queen in New Period-set Film
Posted on 2013/12/26 by Cory Lee

image_2013-12-26.jpg

Korean actress Park Shin-hye is turning into a queen of the middle age of Korea.
Park has confirmed to star in new film, whose title is translated into “King’s Costume-making Office,” set to crank in next February, her agency S.A.L.T Entertainment said on Thursday.

Set in the real governmental office in the Joseon Dynasty, the period-set movie will center around the Queen and the King (Yoo Yeon-seok), who became embroiled in huge affair due to loyal courtier Dol-seok (Han Seok-gyu) and costume-making genius Gong-jin (Ko Soo).

“We have set the movie as Park’s next project thanks to the interesting scenario about costumes in the Joseon Dynasty and Park’s attractive character,” an official with S.A.L.T Entertainment explained.

This year, Park starred in box office smash “Miracle in Cell No. 7,” tvN’s romantic comedy series “Flower Boy Next Door” and most recently, SBS’s much-beloved teenage romcom “The Inheritors.”
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, love_geunshin

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76134

• Maris
Park Shin Hye and Yoo Yeon Suk Set to Appear in New Historical Film
kimpossible December 25, 2013

image_2013-12-26-2.jpg

“The Heirs” Park Shin Hye and “Reply 1994” Yoo Yeon Suk are set to appear in a new historical film set in the Joseon dynasty about a rivalry between two brilliant tailors, played by Han Seok Kyu and Go Soo. The literal translation of the film title is, “The Dressmaking/Tailor’s Office.“

Park Shin Hye’s agency S.A.L.T. Entertainment stated, “We decided to go with ‘The Tailor’s office’ because of its interesting theme of making clothes in the Joseon dynasty, as well as charming characters and interesting scenes. We also plan to show a more mature image of Park Shin Hye.”

Actor Yoo Yeon Suk who rose to fame through his character, Chilbong, in “Reply 1994” will be playing the King.“I am very excited to be working with seniors I respect and with a talented director. To play the role of a king is a heavy load on my shoulders, but I play to do everything I can to bring out this character’s charisma. Please look forward to it,” he said.

Production for the film is scheduled to kick off on February of this upcoming year.

My Note: since the news is confirmed......I would like to focus on the positive aspects of the film with regards to Shinhye based on what we know at the moment:
1. She has not played this role before which means that she will be able to show another side to her acting. Even though it's a sad role but it is showcasing that of a queen rather that of a young girl of today.
2. I can barely wait to see Shinhye in royal designer clothes fit for a queen :) and that to on the full screen of the cinema. That should be a breathtaking site.
3. She has not worked in a Sageuk period movie or drama before. I believe they are very popular among Koreans
4. She will be working with a team with good senior actors and a producer of repute in the film industry with recent box office success
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elsiec

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76135

• Maris
Park Shin Hye to Go From a Poor Girl to a Queen

image_2013-12-26-3.jpg

The Heirs heroine Park Shin Hye will transform into a queen in her upcoming movie, Royal Tailor (tentative).

After acting as a girl from poor family in SBS’s The Heirs, Park Shin Hye decided to take on a role that is quite different than her previous role. Royal Tailor is a film about love, talent, jealousy and desire revolving around the king, queen, and the royal tailors. The filming will start in February.

Park Shin Hye will act alongside the king, acted by Yoo Yeon Seok, and genius tailor Go Soo.

S.A.L.T Entertainment, Park Shin Hye’s agency, stated “We’ve decided on the movie because it has an interesting scenario based on things that happened during the Joseon dynasty and she will be able to show off her charms as a girl-turned-woman though the captivating character.”

Meanwhil, Park Shin Hye plans to continually meet with her international fans by holding an Asia tour in 2014.

Photo credit: S.A.L.T Entertainment
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, Mandy, love_geunshin

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76142

• Maris
THE CAST

image_2013-12-26-13.jpg

Movie: Sanguiwon
Revised romanization: Sanguiwon
Hangul: 상의원
Director: Lee Won-Suk....his previous movie won two awards
Release Date: 2014
Language: Korean

Plot

Depicts the love lives, jealousies and desires of those that work within the Sanguiwon during the Joseon Dynasty period. The Sanguiwon are responsible for the attire worn by royalty.
Dol-Seok (Han Suk-Kyu) is the best master artisan in charge of royal attire. He views set rules as paramount to his job. Kong-Jin (Ko Soo) is a genius like designer, born with dexterity and an excellent sense. He was brought to the palace by nobleman Pan-Soo (Ma Dong-Seok) who first spotted his talent.
The King (Yoo Yeon-Seok) and Queen (Park Shin-Hye) then become embroiled in a critical case because of the royal attire made by Dol-Seok and Kong-Jin.

Notes

Filming begins February, 2014.

Cast

Han Suk-Kyu - Dol-Seok
Ko Soo - Kong-Jin
Park Shin-Hye - queen
Yoo Yeon-Seok - king
(Although he′s been in many popular projects (Old Boy, Architecture 101, Wolf Boy, etc), we′ll forever remember him as Chilbongie from Reply 1994. )
Ma Dong-Seok - Pan-Soo

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76144

• Maris
Han Seok-Kyu, Ko Soo, Park Sin-hye, Yoo Yeon-seok and Ma Dong-seok have been cast for the movie "The Tailors".

image_2013-12-26-14.jpg

"The Tailors" is an emotional historical movie about the love, talent, jealousy and passion caused by a beautiful outfit made my tailors of

"The Tailors" is an emotional historical movie about the love, talent, jealousy and passion caused by a beautiful outfit made my tailors of the Royal Family in the Chosun times. In the role of Dol Seok, one who is strict on rules and regulations is Han Seok-Kyu and Ko Soo is genius Gong Jin ,who is born with talented hands and taste.

Yoo Yeon-seok and Park Sin-hye play the roles of the king and the queen who gets involved in a massive case due to Gong Jin's tailored clothes in a palace full of plots and schemes. Yoo Yeon-seok is at the peak of his life with cable TV show "Answer Me 1994" and Park Sin-hye is still in the craze of "The Heirs". They will be attempting at a change through this movie. Ma Dong-seok is Pan Soo, the one who brings Gong Jin to the palace first.

Director Lee Won-seok will be in charge of this movie. He promises to make a movie that will relate to those living in the modern world today.

The movie cranks in February next year.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read...

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76147

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Shin Hye has got to be the lead, being the only female. She may be competing with Min Ho's movie because he is scheduled to start filming in February. Shin Hye will turn 24 in February....:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #76151

• Lina507
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3237
Sis Maris, thank you so much for all the update of ShinHye's coming Movie.

We appreciate your effort. Hope you can be one of our PSHIC Team.
No one is rich enough to buy back yesterday. But if you have the character to do better things today, you would be the richest one tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Avidfanatic
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.678 seconds