Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2013 SBS Drama Awards

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76243

• nzida
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 947
I get u sis Mandy, Shinhye's a rookie compared to the other veteran actresses. But to be fair, i haven't watched the other dramas(IHYV, TWTB,TMS) so I can't comment much on their acting. But if LMH can win against his sunbaes in previous roles then maybe it's being judged fairly? Maybe we should give SBS the benefit of the doubt?

Did u watch the other dramas? How was their acting? i need some insights. A lot of ppl are predicting SHK will win Top Excellent while LBY will win Excellent awards and this even came from ppl who watched Heirs and love PSH. I'm not interested to watch IHYV coz i don't dig the Noona-dongsaeng love story. Tried to watch TWTWB but after 3 eps lost interest - some parts just didn't make sense and i personally think JIS's acting is a bit over-dramatic. TMS's plot was too scary hehe. Pls forgive my honest opinion if i offended anyone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, bungii

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76248

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
@ sis nzida: I have not seen ICHYV because I am not a fan of Lee Bo Young. I saw a bit of Song Hye Ko's drama but it didn't retain my interest for too long. A lot of people say Song Hye Ko is a great actress but I think she is actually mediocre. She got famous from the 2000 melodrama Autumn Love Story which some of you may have heard of and seen. I saw that drama and I will say she did a pretty good job being the poor girl in distress. However, if we make Shin Hye 10 years older and placed her in that drama, I think Shin Hye can execute it just as well as proven by her acting abilities in TOH. SHK is always being deemed as one of the most beautiful Korean women but to me she looks plain too so I don't see how she is beautiful. She does look better now because in 2000 she was actually quite chubby. I don't hear her being criticized then and netizens are picking on Shin Hye's weight constantly now. SHK was so much fatter than her back then. Her series also did not rate as high as Heirs but I think based on her previous fame and history, that's why I think SBS will give her preference. I don't know how fair SBS is but in 2009 it certainly was not and I came out watching it really disappointed and sad. I just don't want to get my hopes high.

My personal opinion: Daesung may go to either So Ji Sub or SHK, LBY may get top excellence actress if SHK gets Daesung and possibly Gong Hyo Jin and Shin Hye will each get Best Actress. Keep in mind that SHK has already won for best actress in another awards show earlier as has LBY too. Therefore SBS may feel obliged to give them high awards. Min Ho will not get slighted. SBS gives him an award each year. The only person who ever gets the short end of the stick is our Shin Hye.

I hope my predictions are all wrong and that SBS will surprise me.
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Mandy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Lina507, nzida, bungii, hacci143

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76255

• hacci143
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 3454
elankham wrote:
Good Morning and Pleasant Evening Everyone.
May everyone are staying healthy and happy.

Sis Glennie,
Please note that our vote in the site mentioned above is not taken into account by SBS.

Anyone, if you want to vote:

To vote go to tv.sbs.co.kr/2013drama/index.html (in Korean)

You can sign up here : sbscert.sbs.co.kr/login/member/join/agree.jsp (Click on the last button, then parts are in English)

We still have a few days to vote.

Thanks for this, however i cannot register =(
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76256

• nzida
  • Expert Star
I hope so too Sis Mandy. I hope it will be judged fairly. TWTWB and IHYV ended earlier than Heirs so of course the previous awards will go to either SHK or LBY. It's not comparable as the Heirs wasn't even in the scene yet.

Just for the sake or argument (I hope sis Mandy won't mind I just love to discuss when i have something on my mind) on Shinhye getting the New Star award in 2009. In the recent interview Shinhye did say she was in acting slump prior to 2009 and if it wasn't for YAB she would have quit acting. She was focused on studying and felt quite sad when celebrity friends like Kim Bum and Ara were getting offers. Maybe that's why she was considered a New Star as she started to be known in YAB. Before that she was just a child star not a full blown actress yet. My 2 cents =)

And yes, i also think LMH will sweep many awards, i hv no doubt about that. People and even tv stations just love him and thank God he's also a good actor(otherwise i'll be pissed off badly)..Just like u i'm also worried about Shinhye. I hope she will get some awards. Although being nominated is already good but ppl won't remember that, what matters is WINNING it. Some ppl have been saying she's already 10 years in the industry and yet LMH won many awards than her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Lina507

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76260

• Mandy
@ sis nzida: I love discussing with you! LOL! Actually, I would love it if I am wrong about my predictions.

For me, I guess what I felt most insulted about when Shin Hye won New Star Award was that she was in the same category as Yong Hwa and Hong Ki even though both had barely any experience in acting, especially Yong Hwa. Don't get me wrong guys. I really loved Yong Hwa but when it comes to his acting, he was rather stiff and understandable since it was his very first drama. For Yong Hwa though, I think he got a lucky break because that propelled him and CN BLUE to fame. Basically, SBS was telling me that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye have similar acting skills when Shin Hye outshines him by a mile in acting having had 6 years of experience then. I think she should have received at least TOP 10 ACTORS. But whatever, that is in the past and I am glad so much has changed for Shin Hye in the past 4 years.

I absolutely agree that LMH is a good actor and he does deserve all the awards he got. However, I think these people are too ignorant when they compare LMH to Shin Hye. First, I would like to express that Korean fans tend to love male actors more easily than female actresses. It seems like fangirls will like any human being with testosterone. What I am trying to get at is it Is easier to be loved as an actor rather than an actress. Difference number 1. Second, when we compare who is the more versatile entertainer, Shin Hye definitely ousts Min Ho. She can sing, dance, MC, act, model, etc. I don't think MH has ever MCed an event and he has only started to sing and dance. Shin Hye has even won an award for best host. Min Ho hasn't. Third, YES, MH has won more awards than Shin Hye but all of them are for dramas. He has never won anything for a movie. Shin Hye already has. In fact, she is way ahead of the game in that 15 million have seen her last movie. She has already won supporting movie actress for Cyrano Agency and Miracle in Cell No. 7. She already has a step in the movie industry. Min Ho is starting this year.

I am not targeting Min Ho. I am sure all of you know I respect him as an actor and am currently in love with the idea of him liking Shn Hye (that will likely past later) but you just can't compare apples to oranges. 2 very different entertainers.

I also blame Shin Hye's company in choosing wrong projects for her. 2013 is the best year so far for her in choosing projects. Min Ho's company, on the other hand, really know to choose the dramas that sweep ratings. Maybe that's why his company is so conceited. That's why Min Ho is dubbed a ratings sweeper. Having him in a drama will guarantee high ratings. It's a tough expectation to live by and a lot of pressure. But I respect him because he has also worked his way up as an actor. He started in 2005 and only in 2009 did he get his break. But definitely, Korean audiences love him. Definitely way more than Jang Geun Suk.
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Mandy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lina507, nzida, yunihz

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76269

• missmoon
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 316
guys who received a verification email form sbs??

we all should vote daily for psh using soty app. it works w/ me so easy

pshsupporters.tistory.com/entry/Howtovote-Soty

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76270

• Mandy
Can we vote everyday? There's not much time left....

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76271

• nzida
  • Expert Star
Sis Mandy,

I agree with u after hearing your explanation on the New Star Awards. That basically said she's the same category as JYH and LHK with no acting experience. For that, it was unfair.

And yes, Shinhye is definitely more versatile than LMH. I've never seen him in any variety shows(correct me if i'm wrong) but it's sad that that is the REALITY of the Korean industry. The guys have it easier than the ladies because majority of the audiences are females. The audience doesnt care how versatile you are, they only care about how hot u are. And that's what appeals to the media as well. I remember in the footage during the Heirs press conference, there were captions when introducing the main leads. It went something like this: LMH- a guaranteed hit ratings, PSH- 10 years experience in industry & KWB- the latest star trend...To me personally, it was like they don't know what to say about PSH (or don't even bother). It wasn't even a catchy tag for her and I felt hurt. They could have said PSH- Versatile actress or something.

And yes, I know you don't hate LMH in fact i know u love him hehe....it's just that ppl are so ignorant and gave too much credit to the male actors. Btw, how long has Shinhye been with SALT? Was it 1 year? Just like u I also think only 2013 her projects have been better although I hope they can continue to choose good projects in the future, especially projects that will likely bring in high ratings. And they should continue to ride on her multiple skill as a versatile actress - also gv her lots of MCing projects etc

And don't let me start on JGS. I really pity him to be labelled as a sure low rating actor. If he wants to be taken seriously, he should start taking serious/action/thriller roles to woo the korean audience back. Enough of the flower boy roles. And enough of the weird hairstyle/appearance image. I know that he's just showing his honest self but sadly the audience doesn't like that (esp Koreans). They want someone that has a clean image like LMH, SJK.

My 2 cents. Eh sorry i think i diverted a bit from the SBS awards topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandy, missmoon

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76272

• nzida
  • Expert Star
Miss Moon, i've voted but does the votes through Soty being counted for the awards?

2013 SBS Drama Awards 10 years 4 months ago #76278

• tohrumie
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 50
miss moon, i also didnt receive any email from SBS..its takes a few days already..

i think SOTY votes also count bcoz i seen in at SBS page..

2013-12-2715.58.12.png

we can try vote at SOTY for android user..one vote per day..we can make it together.. :ding:
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by tohrumie.
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds