Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [MISC] World Cup Talks

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17393

• Xpet
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 4
Congrate South korea, 1st asian country will enter 2nd phase for world cup this year,
ENgland and Netherland will follow u later :lol: :lol: :lol:

This early morning game so bored~~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17394

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Nigeria 2:2 So Korea CONGRATULATIONS SOUTH KOREA going into the 2nd Phase !!!!! :whistle:

Korea Republic came back from a goal down to draw 2-2 against Nigeria in a gripping contest at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban on Tuesday. The result sees the Asians through to the Round of 16 as second-place finishers from Group B behind winners Argentina, and will meet Group A toppers Uruguay in the first stage of knockout play on 26 June in Nelson Mandela Bay. Nigeria, with just one point from their three matches, are heading for home to ponder what might have been.

The Nigerians, in dire need of a win to stay alive, dodged a bullet in only the second minute, when big Danny Shittu’s horrid clearance fell to the feet of Park Chu Young in a dangerous position on the right. The Monaco man’s low cross was picked out well by the sliding Lee Chung Yong, who sacrificed his body in a collision with Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama only to stroke wide of the near post.

After that early scare, the Nigerians began to boss the play with their best moments of these finals. Coach Lars Lagerback opted for four attacking players in his starting-eleven, including Nwankwo Kanu, used for the first time in South Africa. The positive approach paid off, the Super Eagles taking a lead in the 12th minute. Chidi Odiah wriggled his way up the right side with a classy piece of approach work and his low cross through the box was nailed into the corner by Kalu Uchu, who snuck around his marker. The goal was met with a roar from the home crowd, in need of a boost after their beloved Bafana Bafana were eliminated earlier in the day.

Nigeria continued to push forward as the half wore on, with Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi going close and Kanu and Yakubu Ayegbeni combining well in the advanced positions. The Koreans – who looked so organised in their first match – were getting pushed around and losing their shape as the half wound down. Uche nearly doubled his tally in the 36th minute, only to see his shot from distance slam off the upright to a groan from the crowd. The Asians, against the run of play, took full advantage and drew level with their first shot on goal. Lee Jung Soon heading home while unmarked at the back post after a free-kick delivered by Yueng seven minutes from the interval.

The Koreans came out in the second half looking lively. After Lee Young Pyo tested Enyeama in the opening seconds, danger-man Park Chu Young curled his direct free-kick around the wall and inside the back post from the corner of the penalty area to put the Taeguk Warriors on top 2-1 with just minutes gone.

Pockets of lively Korean fans were growing in confidence and voice, singing the anthems that propelled their men to the semi-finals as hosts in 2002, but they were nearly silenced when Yakubu was clear in on goal in the 59th minute. Only a last-ditch tackle from Cho Yong Hyung kept the big Everton man from a certain equaliser. ‘Yak’ was at the heart of the action again shortly after, missing a most egregious sitter from six yards in the 66th minute, before showing the guts to step up to the spot three minutes later and draw level after Obasi was felled in the area.

A frenzied half-hour followed, with both sides going agonisingly close to tipping the balance and substitute Obafemi Martins missing a golden breakaway chance. But it was the Koreans players celebrating at the final whistle while Nigeria became the second of five African participants to fall at the first hurdle.
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by nu2me.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17407

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 90
I'm happy with the classification of South Korea! Their game with Nigeria was very cool! Many emotions without violence.

Now is wait for the next phase ... and I think South Korea have conditions win the Uruguay! ;)

Tomorrow will define the groups C and D. The most confused World Cup

I'll be working and I can not watch the games ... :(
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by anacriativa.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17435

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
we r getting hyped at the games today ! :ohmy: wish our team USA wins !!! No predictions a surewin. It's anyone's ballgame !

follow the LINK (click below)
www.world2010cup.com/news/314/group-c-co...se-of-world-cup.html

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17456

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
oh my, my heart skips, everyone went wild !!!!!!
GOAL , yes DONOVAN, the man :whistle: he scored for the win ! :whistle:

US 1:0 Algeria

link below
www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=125431...ml#bradley+this+time

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17458

• Squall
  • New Star
hihi,

kudos to England & USA. and of course to South Korea.

Btw, I support Brazil. :P

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17459

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hi Sean!
that was a good game .... especially winning it. they were so many opportunities for more goals *am getting greedy, sorry* watched 2nd half of the game. Anyways, we r delirious that US and oh England made it. Brazil is a strong team. I'll be rooting for them too. And, for South Korea !!!!

LINK on USA 1:0 Algeria game highlights -
www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=2497...0061461/summary.html

LINK on Slovenia 0:1 England game highlights -
www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=2497...0061462/summary.html

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17471

• anacriativa
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 90
Hi friends!

I'm glad you were rooting for Brazil too!

Well, apart from Brazil, which is my homeland, also cheer extensively for Italy and South Korea (also rooting for Portugal, but they are of our group :P)

I am tense because of Italy ... tomorrow is the day of the deadly game ...Italy need to win anyway! :dry:

Totti is missing! ;)

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17472

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
Congratulations to all teams that qualified to the next round. I only managed to get online updates, while the matches always watch me sleeping instead. This week is hectic for me. But I'm happy for all the teams!!! Too bad for the French though.

For now, this sleepy head needs a cup of coffee.

Re:[MISC] World Cup Talks 13 years 10 months ago #17489

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
French team made me cry... :)

Today I root for Japan and Italy.

So glad Holland and South Korea already locked their position! :woohoo: :woohoo:

South Korea Aja-aja Fighting for the coming games. !!! :whistle: :whistle:

Be My Friend @ Facebook
Time to create page: 1.163 seconds