Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies

A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #36947

• Sunny
  • Friends of PSH
  • The star is always shining
  • Thank you received: 1981
I just watched this video and am really touched. Just want to share it with everyone :)

My dog just died few days ago , tried to feed him and did everything I can but couldn't help >.<

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, Khyteleene

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #36949

• azu
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 616
you should watch hachiko's story too (based on a true story)..i've watched both japanese and hollywood ver, it's nice story :cry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #36952

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
I'm so sorry Sunny,
My kitten also died this morning coz of virus..
even vet cannot do anything!!!!

Jang Azu,
Is it a sad story like Me and Marley?
If yes, I rather not to watch.. hehehe.
I'm very sentimental, try to avoid sad and touching story..:ohmy:

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #36953

• Sunny
  • Friends of PSH
  • The star is always shining
  • Thank you received: 1981
Thank you Azu ! Reposting the story of Hachiko from Wiki :

Life

In 1924, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo took in Hachikō as a pet. During his owner's life Hachikō greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachikō was waiting. Every day for the next nine years the golden brown Akita waited at Shibuya station.

Hachikō was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, returning again and again to his old home. Eventually, Hachikō apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachikō waited for the return of his owner.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. They brought Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

This continued for nine years with Hachikō appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.[2]

Publication

That same year, one of Ueno's students (who had become an amateur expert on the Akita breed) saw the dog at the station and followed him to the Kobayashi home (the home of the former gardener of Professor Ueno — Kikuzaboro Kobayashi[3]) where he learned the history of Hachikō's life. Shortly after this meeting, the former student published a documented census of Akitas in Japan. His research found only 30 purebred Akitas remaining, including Hachikō from Shibuya Station.

He returned frequently to visit the dog and over the years published several articles about Hachikō's remarkable loyalty. In 1932 one of these articles, published in Tokyo Asahi Shimbun, threw the dog into the national spotlight. Hachikō became a national sensation. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country a new awareness of the Akita breed grew.

Eventually, Hachiko's legendary faithfulness became a national symbol of loyalty.

Source : Wikipedia

I miss my dog so much :(
P/S:
@Elana : I'm so sorry about your kitten. Sometimes we can't believe the vet :imdead:
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Sunny.

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #36969

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
Omo such a touching vid kinda makes me a bit sad :touched

It showed how much the dog loved his masters. :bingo:

Btw, condolence sunny oppa and sis elana sad to hear on what happen to your pets.:cry
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #37003

• Khyteleene
  • Community Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 107
:cry :cry :cry
condolence mr. sunny and ms.elana.

i was able to watch HACHIKO (the hollywood version) last year but until now, even if I'm only reading the synopsis.
i can't help but cry. i was really touched by the dogs loyalty. that's why i love dogs a lot.

iI was able to read an article with the same story. this happened last January 2011.

A Brazilian woman named Cristina Maria Cesario Santana is one of more than 630 people who died in mudslides in Brazil over recent days. Her grave, like many others, is a pile of reddish earth and rubble stuck with a crude wooden cross bearing a handwritten number.
But next to her grave, during the past few days, has been a dog. Leao, a tan crossbreed, was Cristina's pet. He's been photographed on at least two days this week, sitting or lying next to the grave.

leao.jpg

we are our own little stars.
sometimes we shine with the rest.
sometimes we twinkle alone.
and sometimes when we least know it,
we make someone's wish come true.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 1 month ago #37014

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
I'm Sorry about your pets Sunny Oppa and Sis Elana :(

Omo! PSHIC has it all, this forum is a bit touching and sentimental, heart-breaking too. But at the same time it was also inspiring.

I had once a pet dog who also died :cry

because of a virus, from then on, I didn't get any pet at all, because it was painful loosing my dog, who is so cute and so charming.

I've also wathced Hachiko, one box of tissuse is not enough.

In this forum we learn that every life exist has it's purpose and learning doesn't only come from school or from the people we met

but even from the smallest creatures like pets.
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)

Re: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies 13 years 4 weeks ago #39851

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
I just want to share this story of a loyal dog, this is a very inspiring stories, it touches my heart, and inspires me to more to do good to & be selfless.(animals can do it!) I hope it will do the same to you, most specially in times like this.

Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend in the rubble

Picture-4.png

UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

Here is an English translation of the voiceover exchange between the two reporters in the clip (translation courtesy of Toshiyuki Kitamura):

We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog. There is a dog. He looks tired and dirty. He must have been caught in the tsunami. He looks very dirty.

He has a collar. He must be someone's pet. He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid.

Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead.

Where?

Right there. There is another dog right next to the one sitting down. He is not moving. I wonder. I wonder if he is alright.

The dog is protecting him.

Yes. He is protecting the dog. That is why he did not want us to approach them. He was trying to keep us at bay.

I can't watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.

Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.

Yes! Yes! He is alive.

He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon. We really want them rescued soon.

Oh good. He's getting up.

It is amazing how they survived the tremendous earthquake and tsunami. It's just amazing that they survived through this all.
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: connies
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds