Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SHARING] my korea travel ^^

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16252

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
Hey everyone!!

I'm back from my 4days 3nights trip to Seoul. It was actually last minute arrangement with my friend.
Last minute arrangement is bad! Initially we thought to stay at any guest houses, but then all twin/double ensuite have been fully booked. Then I decided to give a try to any hotel within the city area.. I was really frustrated when all hotel have been fully booked too. I only managed to get us a room 3days before our trip, it's a bit outskirt but it's better than nothing T-T

We arrived Incheon about 7am and travel to the city with airport limousine bus (cost us KRW 13000 each)

The journey took us almost 2hrs T-T. Then we dropped off our luggages at the hotel and went hunting for city tour. It was my second visit to Seoul but first time for my friend. We decided to survive with subways and buses!!!!

Even though we have to overcome the language differences, but we believe in ourselves and we survived! Hehe. I can only read and speak very very basic korean conversation while my friend knows nothing about their language.So, if you wanna go just go and explore on your own and have fun! We had so much fun!

Ok then, we went to station Gwanghwamun to buy a Seoul City pass at a Tourist Information counter. Bought the 3days ticket pass cost us KRW 35,000 - unlimited ride on blue bus within the downtown and 20 rides on subways perday.

Right after we bought the ticket, we ride on a downtown tour bus for 2hrs ride. Haha we almost asleep towards the end of the journey :P

Some photos hehe

When the tour ended, we ran our a**es of towards Deoksugung palace (very nearby about 2mins) to catch guard changing ceremony. It was just started when we arrived !!!

They also offer a free traditional costume for photography session.

After that, we went to Gwanghwamun Park (photos to be updated later). While walking towards the park, an ajussi was working on these workarts

There are still more to share for the day one. I will continue later :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16258

• betsy
  • Live.Love.Laugh
  • Thank you received: 1654
Hi pj :)

welcome back! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

you really had fun.. :)

where else have you gone?

thanks for sharing your trip..

looking forward for the update...

keep the photos coming.. ;)

P.S.: take a rest! :)

\"I help you because (I love you) you are my butler, and a master should provide his/her butler\'s needs\"--Nagi

Re: [SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16259

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Can I just share the pictures first. Too tired to think and explain hehe.

On the way to Gwanghwamun Park.

We're from Kuala Lumpur!

From a far... what building.? Need to find a map. Central Government Complex?

Sejong Cultural Center

Sejongdaewang

And and and look at this cute baby girl! I asked permission from her parents to take her photos. She's 3months old and she reminded me of Taekyung!!! Kawaiidesune?!!!!
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by pj0t.

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16260

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
I LOVE to know how u did in Seoul - PJ sis, and u were walking us through. feels like I am ur other (not seen) friend enjoying Seoul and what it has to offer. It is a good thing that u travel by bus and train, *love to try all kinds of transport in any country I go to. It is quite an experience for me.*

I do love the quotes u found. Truly wise sayings.

ok forgive my innocence (prefer that word than ignorance :lol: ) but who is Park Jisung? is he a ballplayer at world cup?
and wow u did take so many photos. will be waiting for more recaps from u.

Happy ur back :)

btw, were u the one with a *male friend* below the statue ;) , we need to know :silly:
just kidding
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by nu2me.

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16268

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Dear Betsy and Sis Eve

I love to share. I've been to few countries and have been exploring many places.
Even my faith has most restriction, I believe when we exploring we will learn to appreciate others as well as our own culture, differences, faith and most importantly learn to adapt and survive in various places in this world.

I can't wait to share.. am afraid if the memory fades! But my connection is killing me. It's hard to upload photos. I will continue to share my journey tmrw, with Namsan Tower, Teddy Bear Museum and perhaps with my 2nd day too!

Before I forgot. The temperature in Seoul is around 14-16 degree Celsius. It was really nice weather to go sightseeing and playing like Shin Hye has been saying for weeks! Friday and Saturday were a bit cloudy and Sunday was really sunny. But overall Seoul was having a very nice weather! Only this morning when we checked out, it was raining.

p/s: Park Ji Sung is a korean footballer and currently plays for ManU. He's soooooooooo famous in Korea. and NO! The couple at the memorial was not me. Actually they were hugging but when I was about to take the shot, they already released each other hehe. It looks like a drama scene to me. Haha nice to catch that kind of scene at that kind of spot.

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16269

• lamthanh
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 1
wow.. that's wonderful .. Hopefully, someday, I may visit Korea .and I'll possibly miss Park shin hye ^^! ( oh my Dream ) :P

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16271

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
now I know why u r thrilled with Park Jisung, he is great !
found this for us to get to know him. From '07 game

*I tried to save link only but this came out* opps

and back to ur trip, will wait for ur Namsam Tower visit among the others. Looking forward to them. :)

oh lamthanh, I hope ur wishes come true too. :)
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by nu2me.

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16280

• July
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 94
pj, photos are great. Thank you for sharing your trip, its like were with you that day. Honestly, im kinda jealous here, you were able to go to Korea (again?) my..........my........ anyway if the posibility would permit, i might be able to go there first week of July. ( crossfinger :unsure: ) hoping and praying. I'll be there for a competition, i hope my schedule can fit in and i'll see my korean friends again ( sadly, they can only speak a little english ).

i'll try going to places you've visited. Seems like a very good place to stay.

How i wish i was there already. :( :dry:

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16288

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Oh Nadj.. Don't be jealous dear! I'm sure you'll have a great time when you'll be in Seoul in July. Pray that you can make it too!

Journey to Namsan Tower.
This is the most torturing thing I did to myself just because we took a different route!!!! But hopefully none of you guys will experience this.

From Gwanghwamun Park, we went back to the hotel to check in and refresh ourselves. It was about 5pm when we make a move from the hotel. Went off from Line 4 Myeongdong station. Instead of heading towards exit 4 (Namsan Tunnel3) we're headed of from exit 3 T-T ended up an adventurous uphill exercise (without stretching) towards the cable car to the tower T-T.

The station you should get off. Remember LINE 4 MYEONGDONG STATION EXIT 4 Namsan Tunnel 3!

For the cable car ride we paid if I'm not mistaken KRW 7500 per person.

On cable car

From the cable car, I almost cry when I need to walk somemore up the hill ToT. After 3minutes walk, we're then finally at the tower!

Big bears!! (almost as tall as me.. I'm not that tall anyway haha)

We bought observatory plus Teddy Bear Museum ticket price KRW 12000 per person. Before we went in to the entrance, we took a look around at the souvenir shop, cafe and look what we found!

What's this? Did you watch Amazing Race? I'm not sure which season.. but this was included as apart of the challenge back then. Participants were required to unlock the padlocks! Not sure the reason or symbolization of this but this is interesting.

Closer look?

Next - Teddy Bear Museum.
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by pj0t.

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16322

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Teddy Bear Museum

I will let the photos do the talking. I'm having problem uploading photos, will add some more later. Enjoy!

Moderators: Mandy
Time to create page: 1.376 seconds