Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SHARING] my korea travel ^^

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16324

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
I heard about the Namsan Tower. :ohmy: that must be some walk up. I love all ur photos sis. :) how far did u get to see. it was kinda foggy day?

wow what a picturesque view of Myeong-dong, I am presuming?

the teddy bear museum is just the cutest ! :whistle: so many of them and they are sooo cute in costumes, even period costumes, there seem to be a theme. aren't they adorable huggable teddy bears. the ones working on the logs, the family bears, the scholars, the ones prepping for food, ooh sooo tiny veggies and other props. That is quite a museum. I can spend time there saying my ooohs and aaaahs. :lol:

Thank u for sharing sis. luv u. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16340

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 515
Thanks Sis. Haha I haven't finished with my day 1 of visit. More photos of Teddy Bear Museum.

Next - on Namsan Tower

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16341

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
On Namsan Tower.
After we're done with Teddy Bear Museum, we took a ride to the observatory deck of Namsan Tower. It was just nice as it's already dark!

Then we decided to have dinner at HanCook Korean Restaurant just a level below the observatory deck. It cost us KRW 33000 to dine there. With the dish that we picked, we're entitled to enjoy the buffet dishes plus the night panorama of Seoul city (now I feel like I'm a Seoul Tower ambassador hehe)

p/s: I didn't eat much :P

Then we're heading off to queue for ride down the tower. On the way there,

The gift shop

Night view of the tower..........

After that, we hop on cable car to go back to the city.

We were supposed to go to Hongdae to have a nice cup of coffee at Coffee Prince shop. But it was almost 11pm already and we're not sure the last train available. Thus, we went back to our hotel and hoping to go there on Saturday or Sunday.

Finally end of my day 1.

Our second day with Yeouido Park, COEX mall, Itaewon and Myeongdong. Be back with photos hopefully tonight. :)

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16350

• betsy
  • Live.Love.Laugh
  • Thank you received: 1654
hi pj :)

thank you so much for sharing your escapade.. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: It feels like I've been there too :whistle:
I'm jotting down here so I'll know what to do and where to go when me and my friends go to Korea.. :)

ooh padlocks are so cute, if im not mistaken it's where lovers lock/seal their love somewhat like that.. ;)

love to know more about your trip!

thanks.thanks.thanks. :)

\"I help you because (I love you) you are my butler, and a master should provide his/her butler\'s needs\"--Nagi

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16354

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Thanks sis, looks like it was an enjoyable stay with ur friend. Thanks for guiding us through... ur our guide to Seoul. :)

I think so too Betsy, those padlocks I've seen on one kdrama and in one we got married episode. the symbolism of sealing their loves together, like a promise. How sweet ! ;)

:lol: PJ sis, that looks delish, a hearty meal. :lol: so jealous, I've got to have some korean dish for supper.
:ohmy: how many miles to my side of the world? that aerial view is so wide, how tall is Namsan Tower. Amazing how much u can see from up there. Good shot of the tower. Very nice ! :)

and more teddies, love how they set them up, in carnival, by a church, :lol: idols, picnics, festivities. :)
can't wait for some more.

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16383

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Did I mention that the teddies were moving? I think I recorded a video. I'll upload when I find it. Hehe.
Btw, I've to make a correction. Myeongdong station is LINE 4. I'll edit my posting shortly. But please update your notes. I will also share the subway map once I'm done with my journey.

Journey to Yeouido Park. Line 5 Yeouido Station Exit 6. Walk towards National Assembly Building.

Aaaah we arrived! It says Yeouido Park!

Having our breakfast at the park.

The park was full of kids with various kind of activities!

Next - Itaewon

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16384

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Oh oh oh I forgot to share one funny story about my journey. Last week I was on morning shift, so my alarm clock on my hp was set to 5am KL time. Of course when I boarded to the plan I switched off my hp. But my hp is one of the kind auto switch on for alarm setting. I forgot to switch off the alarm. Hahaha and it just happen that my alarm went on when the plane touched down Incheon. I was panic to find my hp in my oversized handbag. When I found it, the alarm was at 'Saranghae imaritjima, I love you forever' and and and surround me were all koreans.

Poor me! :P Ok continue uploading photos.

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16385

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Ops sorry.. It was supposed to be COEX mall first. But the visit was too short (I was afraid overspending).
Line 2, Samseong station exit 5 (There will always be a sign. Just follow the sign :))

Lee Min Jung kaaaaa?!! For soju's adv

The train was quite empty.. I wonder why hehe

Approaching the mall

One of world cup campaign

I found Clue's shop here. (The one who produce the star necklace for YAB) I went crazy and bought myself a silver charm bracelet - they have 10% discount for foreigners!!! After that I freak out. I sit at one place while waiting for my friend to make one complete browsing at the mall. I was soooooo tempted to shop more. The clothing line are soooo desirable.

Next to Itaewon. We took the Line 2 back to Seoul Uni changed to line 3 then changed again to Line 6 at Yaksu. Get off at Itaewon.
Exit 3, you'll see Hard Rock Cafe opposite the road.

Surroundings

We saw this cab! (I fully utilized the zooming function on my camera hehe)

We had lunch at a Dubai Restaurant (to be frank it was the first restaurant that we saw and we were so hungry)

I was so hungry. Only managed to take photo of this falafel. Its yummy

Then we went to the mosque, very nearby.

Guess what? These 3 high school students interviewed us at the mosque.

After that, we hop on to Seoul City tour bus to go to Myeongdong! Will update about Myeongdong tmrw. Time for my beauty sleep. :)

Re:[SHARING] my korea travel ^^ 13 years 10 months ago #16386

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:lol: :lol: ur too funny PJ sis. Did u just park yourselves where the boys r at the park? I was surprised that the guys haircuts were not like that the korean idols.

Is Myeongdong where PSH and Honghwa walked in YAB. They have taxi's for english speaking :) . Hope Liana will see the Dubai restaurant u went to lunch. Their trains r so clean *nothing compare here* . COEX mall is popular, been mentioned a few times. Itaewon, isn't that where foreigners hang out (like in Sukkie's movie). Ming Jung is the new soju lady after Lee Hyori (I think).

btw, I will check on 'Saranghae imaritjima, I love you forever' , how the song goes. :lol: :lol:
Thank u for ur stories and photos, been enjoying them a lot. :)

Re:[SHARING] Seoul visit May 2010 13 years 10 months ago #16394

• pj0t
  • Friends of PSH
Let me test if this works here

p/s:Sis, it's Promise from YAB. That's my alarm song. Hehe

Be back with new

When I saw this, I was like "Oh my, it super cute! Must record to share this with the members!"
Enjoy!

I've another one. But need to rush now. Will upload later after working hours. :huh:
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by pj0t.
Moderators: Mandy
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds