Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day)

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 7 months ago #24874

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
The 15th Pusan International Film Festival started.
Red Carpet opening on 7 Oct until 15 Oct, 2010. SH is scheduled for Oct 11th Cartoon voice animation.

67 countries, 306 films screened. That is a lot. Movie tickets are already sold out at the entire place, even Haeundae and Nampo-sangyoungjang 5 to 20 percent of the seats are sold on site, Internet, payment cleared as soon as seats are guarantee.

news.nate.com/view/20101007n04427

Am looking forward to Shin Hye's gracing the occasion. Hmm will she be given a break from Hayate? Director Zhang went.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham, anini, ayz

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 7 months ago #24894

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I do wish our beautiful Park Shin Hye will come and attend the PIFF event. This is international, big.

Stars and fans gather for top Asian film festival

AFP, Friday, 8 October 2010

Stars from Hollywood, Bollywood and China gathered with film-makers and fans Thursday for the launch of Asia's most prestigious film festival in the South Korean port city of Busan.

The 15th Pusan International Film Festival kicked off with an outdoor screening of Chinese's director Zhang Yimou's "Under the Hawthorn Tree" at the Haeundae Yachting Centre, with thousands of screaming fans lining up to welcome South Korean heartthrobs such as Won Bin and Lee Yo-Won.

Attention also focused on international stars Kim Yun-Jin, star of the hit TV series "Lost", Japanese starlet Yu Aoi and Chinese star Tang Wei.

A few hundred lucky fans were able to pick up tickets to the screening and they roared their approval when the event was officially opened with fireworks by its founder and outgoing festival director Kim Dong-Ho.

From next year the festival will move to the 133-million-dollar purpose-built Dureraum, or Busan Cinema Centre, and Kim took time to thank the fans who had made the festival "so special."

"It is an event for the people and for the benefit of Asian cinema," he said.

The opening ceremony began with a touching musical tribute to Kim, played to screen shots of the history of the festival.

Outside the event, American-based star Kim said she had been dazzled by the attention and the spirit of the South Korean fans.

"It's remarkable," she said as she waited to walk the red carpet. "It's just so exciting to be here and it looks like being a wonderful night."

Acclaimed director Zhang, known both for blockbusters such as "Hero" and "House of Flying Daggers" as well as being the man behind the opening ceremony at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, said he was honoured to have his film selected to open the event.

"I have been to Busan before," the director said. "It is a wonderful festival that does a lot to introduce Asian films to fans. It is the largest and greatest festival in Asia and I am proud to be here. It is a great honour."

Zhang's "Not One Less" was screened as the closing film at the festival's 1999 edition and the director revealed the attention it received had helped introduce his work to the world outside his homeland.

"It is a festival that gives filmmakers opportunities," he said.

"Under the Hawthorn Tree", Zhang's touching drama following a love affair set against the backdrop of China's Cultural Revolution and starring Shawn Dou and Zhou Dongyu, was the first of 308 films to be screen at the festival, 103 of them world premieres.

Hollywood heavyweights Oliver Stone and Willem Dafoe were scheduled to arrive in town for the festival, along with Bollywood golden couple Aishwarya Rai and her husband Abhishek Bachchan, and French actress Juliette Binoche.

The festival's main award, called New Currents, offers two first prizes of 30,000 dollars to first or second-time Asian directors.

There are 13 films from across the region vying for the award, which will be announced on October 15.
The festival will close on that day with the screening of a project driven by festival director Kim as a tribute to Busan.

"Camellia" tells three separate stories set in the city and directed by Thailand's Wisit Sasanatieng, Isao Yukisada of Japan and South Korea's Jang Jun-Hwan.

str/jw
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham, ayz

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24945

• anini
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 178
29.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, betsy, elankham

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24947

• anini
  • Junior Star
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by anini.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sabchia, nu2me, betsy, elankham

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24948

• anini
  • Junior Star
.catsuka Green Days (was Dinosaur & Me) - Nice feature movie (I hope) by korean Studio MWP bit.ly/9tBRwP
5:52 PM Sep 29th via web
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24949

• anini
  • Junior Star

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24953

• anini
  • Junior Star
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by anini.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sabchia, nu2me, betsy, elankham

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24957

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
promos

Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham, anini

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24960

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Shin Hye participated in voice animation. The anime is called "Green Days"

Not wanting to lose, Yi-rang (girl) orchestrates a collapse in the middle of a relay race even though she’s on the verge of giving up her dream of becoming an athlete. At the same time, Soo-min transfers in from Seoul and Cheol-soo, who dreams of becoming a scientist, come into her life. They are all immature but they are in the midst of youthful aspiration. With this warm-hearted animation, Han Hye Jin and An Jae Hoon encourage Yi-rang’s dreams and portray the fantasy and flutter of adolescence through encounters with good people. Set in the ’80s and ’90s, an old umbrella and a railroad crossing the downtown in the film is the stuff that reminds us of our lost past, evoking a reminiscence in the audience of that which is vanished. It is a way of evoking the real “dreams” that we have lost in this modern society where a rapid capitalization is progressing. (LEE Sang-yong)

Source: PIFF
----

Maybe SH won't make it to Pusan IFF since her voice over for the anime was already done on the movie. The red carpet was finished. But I would be delighted if she would surprise us all. :)
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sabchia, betsy, elankham, Vicky, anini

Re: [2010] Pusan Int'l Film Festival - Oct 11 -14 Cartoon (Green Day) 13 years 6 months ago #24997

• betsy
  • Live.Love.Laugh
  • Thank you received: 1654
Voices behind the characters:

repost from baidu

\"I help you because (I love you) you are my butler, and a master should provide his/her butler\'s needs\"--Nagi
Moderators: Ellizs, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.913 seconds