Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan

Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39201

• Sunny
  • Friends of PSH
  • The star is always shining
  • Thank you received: 1981
Friday’s magnitude 8.9 earthquake and resulting tsunami left towns and villages in Japan devastated.

The earthquake triggered fires and caused severe damage to buildings, leaving five million households without electricity and 1 million without water. Early assessments indicate that more than 2,500 houses have collapsed completely, with 2,500 more damaged.

bp40.jpg

One of our moderators, Lina said : I was sad for what happen to people of Japan, nobody knows these disaster will happen, some of them cannot find their family, don't even know if they were dead or alive. We are lucky that we are with our family, they were just beside us can give our hands and hug them, we should treasure them show our love and care. We pray that no more earthquakes coming and let's support everyone in their time of needs.

Let's extend our prayers and help to the Japan earthquake victims. Below are the important links and information. Although PSHIC can act as the third party, we strongly suggest that you should donate directly to these donation to reduce the transaction fee and assure that your gift will help children and families affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.

Save The Children: Mobilising to provide immediate humanitarian relief in the shape of emergency health care and provision of non-food items and shelter. Call 1800 76 00 11 or visit www.savethechildren.org.au

Red Cross: Donors can contribute to the relief efforts by calling 800-733-27677 or visiting www.redcross.org. Each text message is a $10 donation to the Red Cross, which will be added to the donors’ next cellphone bill.

Mercy Corps: Mercy Corp has not sent its own team to Japan but it set up a donation fund for its partner, Peace Winds Japan, and its emergency assistance on the ground. To make a donation, call 888-747-7440 or visit www.mercycorps.org/donate/japan.

Medical Teams International: Medical Teams International is also on alert and staying closely in touch with its nine partners along the coast and in Japan. To donate to Medical Teams International, visit www.medicalteams.org.

World Vision Canada: World Vision is among the first organisations to begin relief work by distributing emergency supplies and sending highly-trained staff to assess and respond to the most urgent needs. To donate, visit www.worldvision.ca/give-a-gift/Pages/Pacific-Tsunami.aspx

Medecins Sans Frontiers: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organisation that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger in more than 60 countries. MSF workers are already on ground in Japan, assessing the situation. For more visit www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm
DFAT: Assistance helpline: +61 2 6261 3305. DFAT hotline for Australians concerned about family and friends: 1300 555 135. Visit www.dfat.gov.au/

Source of organizations links : au.news.yahoo.com/japan-tsunami/a/-/arti...354/donate-for-japan
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Sunny.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, gailnav, Lina507, monomi, Vicky, Laurabianca, azu, 1parkrinrin7, NaZira1199, P_nand

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39204

• boston
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 21
Dear Sunny-Thank you! I have been praying for the people of Japan. I have already did my donation thru Red Cross. We all have to help them either thru our prayers or donation. It is so heart breaking. I wish I could do more but only pray for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, elankham, Lina507, monomi, Vicky, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39207

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
Thank you Oppa, like I've said I've always believe the goodness in your heart.

My heart was ripped-off when I first heard this news, can't even help but cry every time I saw the news.
Me and my friends already did sent some donations through Red Cross Phils. Actually there are a lot of organization here in my country acted immediately in helping Japan, because there were more than 200,000 filipinos in Japan , and until now it is still not confirm if all of them are safe. :(

Stars, were knocking at the door of your heart, please give help to our fellow brothers and sister in Japan.
Cause when ever you gave and shared the goodness in your heart, YOU ALWAYS END UP WINNING!

Please do continue praying!
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, elankham, gailnav, Lina507, monomi, Vicky

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39209

• tulipanns
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1909
Thank you Sunny for creating this thread. It is so important that we all pray and hope that Japan will be able to get through this disaster. It breaks my heart everytime I see photos and news about the tragedy. There has been so much destruction around our world lately it is quite scary. Living in Australia I saw the disaster in Queensland and then to our neighbours in New Zealand, and now to watch Japan being torn apart by the earthquake and tsunami I really hope that we can all put in an effort to help out as much as we can. Even a small contribution accumulates to a significant contribution overall and every little amount counts.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those that have been affected by these disasters........

Shippers lets all do what we can to help out those in need !!!
The Star and the Moon are a match made in Heaven......

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, monomi, Vicky, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39212

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
Yes thanks a lot Oppa for this thread..
It's really one of the shocking disasters that the world had ever experience and it's really devastating..
During this time let's offer prayers to people of Japan since it's the best thing that we could give them,
and let's offer our prayers for each and everyone too because we don't know what might happen next.
Aside from that let's give them anything that we could offer to be able to help be it money, food, clothing..
Everyone's help would count for them to be able to survive and cope up with their situation.
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, monomi, Vicky

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39215

• Lina507
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3237
@Sunny, thank you for opening this thread, I think many of us here did their donations to the charity organization near their places.

All of us are concerned for what happened in these disaster. Our heart goes out to all those people in Japan

and natural disasters are out of control.

Let’s pray may the dawn of the new day brings light and hope to the people of Japan.

The world is here for you.
No one is rich enough to buy back yesterday. But if you have the character to do better things today, you would be the richest one tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, monomi, Vicky

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39221

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
This time is a time of test..
We all need to be united in brotherhood, love, sharing and in prayers.
Though we came from different nationalities and race..our hearts should all be together as one.
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by gailnav.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monomi, Vicky

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39233

• Sunny
  • Friends of PSH
  • The star is always shining
  • Thank you received: 1981
Everyone should read this prayforjapan.jp/tweet_en.html . It will inspire you, I assure..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicky, jewelmoi

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39246

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
Yes, like everyone, it was such a devastating sight to see the clips of that massive earthquake that triggered the tsunami...

what a dreadful sight to see how those houses and cars and boats and ships and everything else were plummeted and engulfed by the water...

what a saddening thought that there are still thousands of people without water and electricity and some don't even know if their families and friends survived....

at times like this, people do unite in prayers, helping out as much as everyone can..i was reminded of how everyone seemed so shock when the Twin towers were hit and a lot of people died due to terrorism...however different this natural disaster is to that, people tend to unite at times of trouble and we all remember to do good things...

...if only the goodness in everyone's hearts stay the same throughout...i'm sure this would be a more 'peaceful' & tranquil and happy world to live in...

my heart goes out to everyone affected by this sad event...my prayers as always goes out to everyone in need...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39258

• twotaur
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 57
thanks Sunny and everyone for the prayers,my husband has been there for almost 7 years and he was so shocked that this thing happened , and thank God ,he and his companions evacuated immediately ..,they live near the beach of hasunuma in chiba ..he said they're experiencing so much aftershocks and many are panic buying ,one of his concern is the nuclear plant near them.. chaos and uncertainty is what he described his place nowadays.and i desperately tried to convinced him to come back home..all i can grasp to is God's guidance and goodness,please continue our prayers it really is a great help..hope that the situation eases back for good and everyone be safe again..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, gailnav
Time to create page: 1.222 seconds