Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39575

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
Thank you for your prayers and support.
There's a good news:

Miracles in Japan: Four-Month Old Baby, 70-Year Old Woman Found Alive

By WILLIAM LEE ADAMS William Lee Adams – Tue Mar 15, 7:20 pm ET

Amid the silent corpses a baby cried out - and Japan met its tiniest miracle.

On March 14 soldiers from the Japanese Defense Force were going door-to-door, pulling bodies from homes flattened by the earthquake and tsunami in Ishinomaki City, a coastal town northeast of Senda. More accustomed to the crunching of rubble and the sloshing of mud than to the sound of life, they dismissed the baby's cry as a mistake. Until they heard it again. (See 7 ways to help earthquake and tsunami victims in Japan.)

They made their way to the pile of debris, and carefully removed fragments of wood and slate, shattered glass and rock. And then they saw her: a four-month old baby girl in a pink woolen bear suit.

The tidal wave literally swept the unnamed girl away from her parents' arms when it hit their home on March 11. Since then her parents - both of whom survived the disaster - have taken refuge in their wrecked house, and worried that their little girl was dead. Soldiers managed to reunite the baby with her overjoyed father shortly after the rescue.

"Her discovery has put a new energy into the search," a civil defense official told a local news crew. "We will listen, look and dig with even more diligence after this." Ahead of the baby's rescue, officials reported finding at least 2,000 bodies washed up on the shoreline of Miyagi prefecture. How the child survived drowning - or being crushed by fallen trees and houses - remains a mystery. (See pictures of the calamity of Japan's quake.)

In a nation short on good news, other rescues have buoyed morale, too. In Iwate prefecture, northeastern Japan, the devastating tidal wave swept away an elderly woman along with her entire house - but it couldn't extinguish her will to live.

Rescuers found the 70-year-old alive inside her home on March 15, four days after the black tidal wave wiped out much of the region. Osaka fire department spokesman Yuko Kotani told the Associated Press the woman is now receiving treatment in a local hospital. She is conscious but suffering from hypothermia. (See how to tend to Japan's psychological scars.)

Elsewhere, 60-year old Hiromitsu Shinkawa survived two days at sea by clinging on to his floating rooftop. He was discovered 10 miles off the Japanese coastline. "Several helicopters and ships passed but none of them noticed me," he said after his March 13 rescue. "I thought that was going to be the last day of my life." (via Daily Mail)

credit: Yahoo News!
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, monomi, Vicky, ayz, Laurabianca, jewelmoi

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39783

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
There's another great news..
Hope that our fellow Filipinos would be able to do it well..
Let's pray for them also..and Filipino rescuers fighting!!

MANILA, Philippines – A 46-man Filipino search-and-rescue team is all set to leave Friday for Japan to help in the rescue efforts along the devastated towns of Fukushima, Iwate, and Sendai.

They came from the most efficient rescue units in the country from the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, the Makati Rescuem and Subic Bay Rescue Squad.

In a briefing held Wednesday at the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) headquarters in Camp Aguinaldo, the Philippine Nuclear Research Institute (PNRI) warned the contingent that they may be contaminated with radioactive material.

Kristine Romallosa of the PNRI Radiation Protection Services said, "there is a possibility pagpunta niyo doon ma-contaminate kayo, iyung kamay niyo magkakaroon ng radioactive material, pwede niyo ma-ingest iyun."("there's a possibility that when you go there, you would be contaminated your hands would have radioactive material, you could swallow that.")

Some rescue members became apprehensive because of the threat.

"Hindi maalis yung takot eh lalo nat hindi naming alam kung ano ang talagang sitwasyon doon," said SBMA Rescue Squad member Eliseo Yco. ("I can't combat my fear since we really don't know the real situation there.")

Another SBMA squad member, Arnel Tolero, thought of his family when asked about the possibility of him being contaminated with radioactive material.

"Simula naman na nag-rescue ako sinabi ko naman sa kanila na maging handa sila sa anumang mangyayari," he said.
("From the beginning that I become a rescuer I always tell them to be ready for anything that could happen.")

Lt. Col. Randy Fajilagutan, meanwhile, felt it would be an honor to represent the country. "Pinag-usapan ito para sa bayan..nakasalalay dito ang bandila natin." ("The issue here is..it is for our country..for the pride of our country.")

To protect the rescue unit members, a protective suit donated by Canada was introduced in the briefing.

The C4 Saratoga Hammer Suit, a Level B radiation suit, comes with a purifying respirator and a C4 canister that will filter the air containing radioactive material.

They will also be equipped with a dosage meter and a contamination meter that will alert them about the radiation level in their surroundings and their bodies.

Aside from radiation, food and water will also be a problem during their operations, especially since the cities they will be going into lacking resources after being devastated by the strong earthquake and tsunami.

NDRRMC chief Benito Ramos said the the team will bring along food and other basic necessities that will last for at least 20 days.

The team is expected to be in Japan for up to 2 weeks.

The remaining concern right now is the landing area for the C-130 aircraft that will transport the team.

As of Wednesday night, no clear flight path has been established yet by the Philippine Air Force since it has no formal information from the governments of either Japan or the Philippines on where it will be allowed to land.

The team is also concerned about the amount of fuel they would need since there is a high possibility that aviation fuel would not be available in the area.

credit: Yahoo News (Philippines)

Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by gailnav.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lina507, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39817

• Sunny
  • Friends of PSH
  • The star is always shining
  • Thank you received: 1981
Cable reaches Japan nuclear plant
Engineers at Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant have managed to lay a cable to reactor 2, the UN's nuclear watchdog reports.

Restoring power should enable engineers to restart the pumps which send coolant over the reactor.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12779512

Let's pray that the electricity will be restored to cool down the reactors
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Sunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39819

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
Thank God, I hope all these good news keep on coming, and I really do hope the electricity will be restored fully,

to call down reactors , and to have an advantage in order find all those missing people.

To my fellow kababayan rescuers, Good luck, thank you, and be safe.
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 2 months ago #39823

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
Yes sis..
Thanks to God really.. And now positive things are happening despite all of these..
There are lots of support and help coming from different nations, and rescuers from different nations are also arising..
But let's continue to pray for the safety of everyone.. :pray:
By the way, I've got a fresh news that Japan Netizens will be rescued and will be brought to different states of America/ Countries because of the widespread of radiation over their place, one of my relatives will be rescued and will be brought to either Guam, Hawaii or
Los Angeles, I hope and pray that they would be fine there. :pray: :pray:

Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by gailnav.

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 1 month ago #41902

• Lina507
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3237
Just want to share this MV from the Hong Kong Artist, there will be a
fundraising for the Japan Disasters Victim tomorrow night at the
Victoria Park starting 7:00pm - 10:00pm. It's Love without borders,
311 candlelight
. There are other artist coming form Taiwan,
Japan, Korea and Indonesia to perform and work together
raising funds for the Japan's victim. One of the organizer is Jackie Chan.

無懼風雨 AME NI NO MAKEZU

No one is rich enough to buy back yesterday. But if you have the character to do better things today, you would be the richest one tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, elankham, gailnav, Laurabianca, blackmoon_boyz

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 1 month ago #42271

• Laurabianca
  • above D cloud w/its shadow, is D star w/its light
  • Thank you received: 2529
This is one of those inspiring videos, it also mean that Japan value every living creature and They are not giving up!

I am still praying for Japan , and may they have a quick recovery After all these tragedy ...

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
And the Flowers in life's garden.
Tend your garden with tender love and care...
Plant Kindness and harvest Love.

"ALL IS WELL" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, gailnav, Lina507, blackmoon_boyz

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 1 month ago #42284

• blackmoon_boyz
  • Gold Star
  • Gyu Won's Director
  • Thank you received: 351
thank u sis laura for the video...
this dog must really toughed too survived in this tsunami....
i'm also founded another video of dog too but don't know if it the same dog....

picture4ir.png

these is the english translation

- We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog. There is a dog. He looks tired and dirty. He must have been caught in the tsunami. He looks very dirty.
- He has a collar. He must be someone’s pet. He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid.
- Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead.
- Where?
- Right there. There is another dog right next to the one sitting down. He is not moving. I wonder. I wonder if he is alright.
- The dog is protecting him.
- Yes. He is protecting the dog. That is why he did not want us to approach them. He was trying to keep us at bay.
- I can’t watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.
- Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.
- Yes! Yes! He is alive.
- He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon. We really want them rescued soon.
- Oh good. He’s getting up.
- It is amazing how they survived the tremendous earthquake and tsunami. It’s just amazing that they survived through this all.

I'm also still praying for Japan....please God give them hope and good live again.:pray:
Really love to see Shin Hye's smile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 1 month ago #42313

• klm_adebayor
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 293
thank god.. lets hope there will more good news.. hope japan will quickly recover from this...

All our love and pray is with you Japan..
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, Laurabianca

Re: Pray and help the people affected by the massive earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan 13 years 1 month ago #43246

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
Nuol, San-E, Verbal Jint & more collaborate for “Stand Up, Japan”

20110405_nuol_standupjapan_1.jpg

With Nuol at the lead, rappers Beenzino, Dead P, Swings, San-E, Verbal Jint, L.E.O., Baby Bu, Dawn, and designer Brownbreath have come together for a special collaboration single titled, “Stand Up, Japan!“.

Nuol commented, “Watching what was going on in Japan through the media was so shocking – I knew that I wanted to do something to help, even if it’s something small like this. As opposed to creating a song fit to the times, I instead focused on perfecting it as a stand-alone song. I hope that Japan will remember it.”

All profits made from the digital single will be donated to aid in Japan’s relief efforts. Remember to support the effort by purchasing the music here

credit: allkpop

Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by gailnav.
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds