Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Story of the Caterpillar

The Story of the Caterpillar 13 years 10 months ago #16082

• July
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 94
There's this caterpillar who have a dream of climbing to the top of the tree.
His friend snail ask him " what do you want to see up there?"
The caterpillar answered " I want to see a different things, different from everything i see here. "
snail "why?"
caterpillar "because i want to be above everyone here, and see things that they never have seen. "
snail " really? " as the snail pass him she says, " just be careful when you climb that tree, you might fall down on your way to the top, there's a slippery part."
caterpillar " how did you know?"
snail "i've been there, and there's nothing to see."
caterpillar "well, i will prove you wrong."

The next day the caterpillar started his mission. Its been hard for him, it had taken him 3 days to reach the top. He had a hard time on the slippery part of the tree just like her friend snail said he almost fell. When he reached the top he was so excited to see what's in there only to be disappointed. He's on the top and yet he still saw the same, the old grasses, the stones at the side of the tree, his friends, he even saw his friend snail waving at him. "gosh" he thought to himself "i made myself up here and yet i still saw the same, same old friends, they may look smaller but still the same" he was thinking what to do next and arguing by himself " i think i shall stay here, oh.................... but its so lonely up here................nobody to talk to, not even a friendly smile to greet me.................... but if i go down there......my friend snail will truly laugh at me?! Oto kajo?" :P

In the end he decided to crawl down, as he was nearing the bottom he saw his friend snail.

snail " Did you see anything different?"
caterpillar " i guess your right, there's nothing to see up there."
snail " Well, your wrong. You didn't realize that up there and down here are the same. things you see in here are the same thing your gonna see there. Just like friends you have here the same friends your gonna have there.

"you might go anywhere but you'll still see us. There’s no difference whether your up there or down here." the snail said.
caterpillar " Well your right. Thank you. Aren't you gonna laugh at me?"
snail "why would i do that, i've also done it before so why would i laugh at you?"
caterpillar " coz' i feel like an idiot."
"No you don’t, sometimes we have to see for ourselves to believe. One day, you're going to treasure everything here because this is where you belong, this is your home with us were family."

Hope you like it, thank you for Sunny for helping me out on reposting this. I dedicate this story to PSHIC community, :lol: we're one family!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The Story of the Caterpillar 13 years 10 months ago #16094

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
I LOVE IT !!!!! It is so sincere.
Thank u July and Sunny for reposting it. honestly got teary eyed.

This is a wonderful and meaningful story. It is amazing, isn't it that no matter where we r, we still have the same family, same friends that we treasure. :)

"Sometimes, we just we have to see for ourselves to believe." *love that phrase, Nadj*
One day, you're going to treasure everything here because this is where you belong, this is your home with us were family."

it is true also, that being on top gives u a different perspective, you see differently but everything or everyone is still the same.
It is how to manage your life and be grounded spells a lot of difference. :)

Thanks again, and I'm personally glad I read this. May I share this story to my volunteer group? I love u more.

Re:The Story of the Caterpillar 13 years 10 months ago #16096

• July
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 94
Thank you Eve.
but of course dear, you may share this to everyone you know. Glad that you like it.
Its amazing how short story can sometimes affect our daily life.
Read this to little boys and girls and of course to old folks there.

Moderators: Mandy, yunihz, narjess89
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds