Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58587

• anamikaela
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 11
@Ellizs
May I ask where this review was published?

I agree with Mandy that the review is quite harsh. I can't help but think that negative reviews are due to the rising popularity of Heartstrings internationally and because HS and YongShin are recently winning different polls from various internet sites back-to-back against other dramas (which have good ratings) and actors/actresses (who are already seasoned by profession). Maybe, others think it's unacceptable (just my opinion).

Getting away with what is superficial, you'll appreciate Heartstrings more and by watching it with open-mind (no influence of low ratings and negative feedback), I'm sure that you will also fall for this drama over and over again. No wonder that the title is "You've Fallen For Me", it's a spell intended for the viewers.

I like HS primarily because it's a DREAM COME TRUE. After YAB, I wish that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye will be together in a drama as lead cast wherein they will act as a couple and will share sweet moments especially some hugs and kisses. But this is not just the reason why I fell in love with Heartstrings, it's more than that.

Now, I would like to give my piece of the cake regarding the following issues about HS, I can't help myself but to speak up:

RATINGS
Ratings is something that I do not consider in relation to any drama. Indeed, it is essential to the sponsors, tv network or other people but for me, they are merely numbers. I know some dramas with low ratings but became a phenomenal hit such as "You're Beautiful". Aside from that, there are many factors affecting the ratings of a tv program. I wonder how ratings are taken in Korea, where it is taken (city, province, etc.), who are the respondents/sample population, which household (what composes the household, teens, elders, adults, etc.) and so on and so forth. For Heartstrings, RATINGS DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL.

DRAGGING / BORING EPISODES
I think Maz, Rosie and the others already enumerated the good points of every episode and even give some brief explanation. Some may find episodes which are dragging or boring because they were not able to notice the tiny pieces of the puzzle that when you put together will give you a clearer and bigger picture of what Heartstrings is all about. Others may even find some scenes unnecessary but for me, there were reasons behind all of those. The PD and the writers of HS will not be well-known and respected in their fields if these are not their expertise. Let's just say that every drama has it's own flaws and that no drama is perfect, only close to perfect like Heartstrings.

LACK OF PROMOTION
I think the promoter already did a great job. Moreover, the best promotion that HS has is through the "word of mouth". The amazing feedback of the viewers of HS were able to reach a lot of people who eventually became HS followers. I'm in a marketing field and "word of mouth" is something better than any ads because it shows that your product is really good and that someone who bought the product is endorsing it through good words, just like Heartstrings. I bet there are more good reviews and feedback about HS compared to the negative ones.

CHARACTER STRUCTURE
I'm a bit surprise about this because as far as I know, the characters are well established, structured and portrayed. Though I admit that some supporting roles were not given a chance to maximize the potential of their characters. The story of Heartstrings is simple and realistic so people should not be expecting too much from the characters. They don't have special powers, heroic acts, unbelievable stunts, majestic wardrobe and fantasy-like interactions. Doing so is like expecting an apple tree to bear oranges.

PLOT / STORY
For sure, many has compared, comparing or will compare Heartstrings to other dramas which were aired already, currently airing and will be aired in the future considering its popularity nowadays and the controversies about the ratings. It's ok for me, I just hope that when people do, they should compare it with a drama in the same genre and comparison should neither be gender-biased nor age-biased.

Heartstrings may have been a typical story of first love, friendship and musical dreams but if you will dig in deeper, you'll learn the important lessons in the story and make some realizations for yourself as you grow together with the characters. HS is a realistic drama (it's happening in real life) and I love how this drama can relate to the life of the viewers. Here's one example:

Gyu Won was forced by the grandpa to stay and focus only on traditional music but deep inside, she knows that it is not what she really wants. When she realized it, she left the Traditional Music Competition and left for the recording test to take the first step towards her dreams. In real life, many students were forced by their parents/relatives/peers to take a certain course in college which they don't really like at all, at the end, they are the ones suffering the most. I just hope that with dramas like Heartstrings, these students may find courage to fight for their dreams and aspirations.

NOTE:
I respect other's POVs and I hope others can respect mine as well. When I read unfavorable feedback about HS, my heart aches and I can't help but ask myself if what might be their basis or do they have the credibility for giving such kind of feedback. Nonetheless, feedback are still good for intellectual discussions and for improvement. I just hope that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye will not be affected by these "not-so-good" feedback because for most people who have watched this drama, Heartstrings is undoubtedly the Best KDrama for 2011.

I apologize for my long post and thank you for taking the time to read.

God bless everyone and more power to HS!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, tulipanns, Rosie, paire, kristen, imacesca, love_geunshin, nayna

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58588

• imacesca
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 311
@anamikaela
and the other sisters thanks for always warming our hearts with the comments/reviews you posts. it feels good reading these simple well written pieces from you guys.these alleviate the longing that i feel for HS and the Dooley couple..i feel the same way when i read comments or reviews which are just so nonsensical, shallow and harsh. but what can we do? they are here to stay (sadly and badly!)..but bec of these negative comments we all the more voice out and show to everyone the good/better/best things about HS many xxxxxx more compared to those shortcomings (that are really really normal for every series) that they all pointed and wiitten boldly with exaggeration.

for that hoping for everyone to have better days :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: anamikaela

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58596

• nayna
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 67
Anamikaela....I agree with you :bingo: Thanks for review your version it's good :bingo: Just hope hearstring will success in international like YAB, even more :-V

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58599

• Rosie
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 921
never mind those few negative reviews of Heartstrings... because as far as i am concerned
there are far more positive feedbacks than the negative ones... reading different POVs last night
ended me having only 3 hours of sleep! and i am confident that these people who expressed
their appreciation for the drama (including its flaws) are not just biased nor are they dumb.

I can't agree with the negative review posted before..I cannot even understand it :lol:

Anyways, I will post the better reviews and one thing I observed is that most of them have
the same things to say about Heartstrings... and sis for one to truly appreciate HS, one has to
go beyond the surface of the drama... and i think that's what makes it worthy. It's quite simple
and yet not obvious, it is art imitating life without being too loud. It's different from the usual
Kdramas and offers a light and fresh look on the subject of young love. And I think the best description
I have read is that ... Heartstrings tugs ones heart! And for that I salute everyone involved in the drama!
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Rosie.

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58602

• Ellizs
  • Thank you received: 3047
I apologize to you all here on my previous post....:cry :pray:

more pic YH after party ;

jyhafterprty.jpg

2011 . Aug . 21 Happy time - Heartstrings NG ;

t.co/wcVZ6Cz

by saturnkr
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Ellizs.

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58610

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Thank you sweet sisters for the intellectual talk about HS!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching HS and am even rewatching it again. I love the YongShin pairing (like most of you here, it was as if the producers were answering our wishes!), and I love the simple love story. The plot was not extremely melodramatic but was realistic. The chemistry between YongShin was undeniable.

Thank you producers for producing HS and thank you YongShin for taking part in it. Life is full of hope and dreams, and I really would love to see you two together in another drama in the future!

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58613

• Ellizs
  • Thank you received: 3047
‘‘Heartstrings official Photobook’’ will be released on 9/15 /2011.

9_2011-08-23.jpg

8_2011-08-23.jpg

1-.jpg

1_2011-08-23.jpg

4_2011-08-23.jpg

6_2011-08-23.jpg

5_2011-08-23.jpg

2_2011-08-23.jpg

cr : weibo + as tagged
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, Lina507, tulipanns, Vicky, Humilis, yunihz, nayna, yatihadi

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58622

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
I hope they release an OST soon!

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58623

• trix1307
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 257
cutie kyuwon :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: tulipanns, paire

2011 (MBC) Heartstrings / You've Fallen For Me 넌 내게 반했어 12 years 9 months ago #58646

• Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 366
BTS pics

262854_180410485361903_143086892427596_390773_446076_n.jpg

296177_180410532028565_143086892427596_390774_5394383_n.jpg

cr YFFM fb

293255_181865605216391_143086892427596_394439_1782701_n.jpg

293545_181865681883050_143086892427596_394441_850704_n.jpg

297001_181865581883060_143086892427596_394438_40511_n.jpg

300517_181865638549721_143086892427596_394440_7613826_n.jpg

cr www.ediyablog.com/162
The following user(s) said Thank You: tulipanns, nayna
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.982 seconds