Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105449

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Hello sis @narjess :) good to see you!
:heartsh:

From the episode 3 preview.... Lee Yoo Bi will make her appearance as a rookie reporter.

looking forward to her role...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105450

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
Lee Jong-suk feels love for Park Shin-hye in ‘Pinocchio’
Updated : November 14 2014

Actress Park Shin-hye boasted excellent acting skills in the second episode of SBS’ rom-com drama “Pinocchio,” which aired on Thursday.

In the latest episode, Choi In-ha, played by Park, decides to become a justice-seeking news reporter at the social affairs desk. The determination comes after failing to overcome a fatal weakness -- “Pinocchio syndrome,” a psychological syndrome that causes her to experience violent hiccups whenever she lies.

At one point, In-ha considers becoming a lawyer, but she gives up after imagining herself failing miserably at court. She believes that her hiccups will be a “lie detector” at court, making her unable to tell lies to defend her client. In her head she pictures an angry client, played by cameo veteran actor Jung Woong-in, grabbing her by the neck after he loses the trial due to her inability to lie.

The actress also beamed in a romantic scene with uncle Dalpo, played by hallyu actor Lee Jong-suk. When Dalpo hurts his head, she calls an ambulance and rushes him to the hospital. “He cannot afford to get dumber than he already is,” she sobs, amusing the viewers.

In the episode, Dalpo again realizes that he has a crush on In-ha. On one rainy day, Dalpo feels stirrings in his heart for In-ha after she brings him an umbrella.

The rom-com is aired every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m.

Source: www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201411142153179100957_2
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Humilis, Maris, librajapan, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105451

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
another funny scene this time with grandpa....
InHa aegyo to grandpa fpr a bike :P because lately Dalpo was being mean towards her....

and his answer.....

:P :lol: :lol:

cr: pienocchio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris, librajapan, narjess89, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105455

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
[Ratings Wed, 11.12.14] ′Pinocchio′ Premieres at Second with Much Praise

Do we have a huge hit in our hands? Maybe, as SBS′ Pinocchio premiered to much praise.

On Wednesday night, Pinocchio aired its first episode, telling a story about a family that gets torn apart due to false reporting, addressing a current issue in Korea.

With just enough comedy and seriousness mixed in, the first episode allowed many viewers to rave about the drama, wanting more.

While the episode earned 7.8 percent, leaving the drama at second place, the praise did not stop as viewers wondered if Pinocchio will have the same success as I Hear Your Voice, especially since both dramas share the same director and writer, as well as Lee Jong Suk in the leading role.

Anticipation is on the rise as viewers await the next episode of Pinocchio.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dramas
1. MBC Mr. Back 11.6
2. SBS Pinocchio 7.8
3. KBS Iron Man 3.2

Variety
1. MBC Radio Star 5.8

source: mwave/enewsworld
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris, librajapan

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105461

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Pinocchio: Episode 2
by girlfriday | November 13, 2014, dramabeans

Agh, they’re so cuuuuute. Now that our backstory is in place, the second episode actually brings our leads together onscreen, and I’m happy to say that their dynamic is adorable—their bickering relationship is funny and heartfelt, and I really like both characters. It was impossible to tell from the first episode alone if the show would reel me in, but by the end of this hour, they’ve got me.

SONG OF THE DAY

Coffee Boy – “너는 깃털처럼 가벼워서” (Because You’re Light as a Feather)
DOWNLOAD

EPISODE 2: “Ugly duckling”

Last-place student Dal-po wins his first round of the TV quiz show, wiping the smirk off of the first-place champion and surprising everyone in their class. As the audience claps and the cameras turn to him, he narrates in voiceover that after suffering those cruel events with his family, he vowed to never set foot in a broadcast station or exchange words with anyone even remotely associated with a network.

He says he was so resolute that he thought he’d never break his own rule. “The reason I broke that vow and am standing here now… was for a secret I wanted to protect more than that vow.”

Rewind two weeks. It’s an average morning at Grandpa’s house, as Dal-po and In-ha get ready for school. They try not to roll their eyes TOO hard when Grandpa makes Dal-po promise to look after his niece and for In-ha to listen to her uncle.

continue reading....
LINK HERE
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, librajapan

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105463

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
#朴信惠 #匹諾曹 熱搜榜首頁的名人熱搜和影視熱搜 #박신혜 #ParkShinHye #パク・シネ #피노키오 #Pinocchio #ピノキオ

image_2014-11-14.jpg

image_2014-11-14-2.jpg

Credit: PSH_ Baidu Bar

My Note:
I think it shows Park Shin Hye is #1........can Chinese members throw some light on this?

From what I can see......it seems safe to conclude that Pinnochio has made its mark on the Chinese audience too.......that too after 2 episodes only.......everyone, I do feel that we have a winner in this drama with it's all round strength in all areas.....script, directing, acting and music.

I have seen universal love for the drama from everyone and everywhere...........not surprised because their sentiments echo what I feel after watching these 2 episodes. It pulls all the right heartstrings for me.

My prediction for next week.........Pinnochio will take over the number one spot in ratings. It's just the matter of people watching it once and they will be dragged in........

Once again thank you everyone for interesting and informative posts......
Irene those screen caps with English translations are just perfect to enjoy them endlessly....
Eve, Narjess, Kim, Jenzzy, Marc, Elena,..........thanks!..
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, librajapan, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105464

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Eve's post above continued on her request for you all to enjoy.........

Pinocchio: Episode 2
by girlfriday | November 13, 2014

COMMENTS

Lee Jong-seok is never better than when he’s working with this production team, and I’m so happy to erase Dr. Whozit from my memory. The downside is that when he’s doing his voiceovers, I hear Park Su-ha (his I Hear Your Voice character), and that’s a connection that’s hard to shake. It’s a positive association, but it’s also very familiar, and I think the writer is going to have to stretch a little to differentiate Dal-po. I don’t find his character to be confusingly similar, but when he’s narrating, there’s something inherently Su-ha-esque about the internal monologue. Maybe it’s just a thing that’ll fade with time?

The high school story is where I’m feeling the first sense of attachment to the characters, and I’m loving In-ha’s begrudging sense of honor. I find it cute that she blames her Pinocchio syndrome for forcing her to stand up for Dal-po when he’s been wronged, when really, it’s her internal barometer of right and wrong that determines whether or not she hiccups. Because it’s not a condition that relies on absolutes—if she believes a thing down to her bones, it is truth, and if she doesn’t, it’s a lie. So the fact that she withstands ridicule by her classmates to defend Dal-po is a sign of her good character in two ways—that she finds it wrong in the first place, and that she then bravely speaks up for what she believes in. While I agree that she’d probably end up stabbed by a client, being a public defender might not be such a terrible career choice for her after all.

The one thing that made me look forward to their young adult years after high school was Dal-po’s scene with former reporter Gyo-dong. We all suspected that Gyo-dong would be our principled reporter based on his trajectory in the first episode, but I’m glad to know it’s true. He wasn’t very different from Cha-ok five years ago, when he was arguing for the same things that she was, and only had a more principled boss to stop him. But what’s important is how that event with Dal-po’s family changed him, and what he learned about his profession and the power of his voice. I’m curious to learn why he’s the PD of a quiz show now instead of a news reporter, and overall the Dal-po/Gyo-dong matchup is the one thing that doesn’t make me sad about leaving the high school years eventually. Well that and the possibility of Dal-po reuniting with Hyung, but I feel like they’re going to tease that for close to an eternity.

image_2014-11-14-3.jpg

What got me about the central romance was how their feelings grew out of a genuine bond, because no matter how much they pretend outwardly to hate each other, they’re family and they look out for each other. I can’t believe Dal-po got such horrific grades all this time just to keep Grandpa in good health, but then it’s just as cute that after all that, he can’t let it go when the other kid might win In-ha’s heart. I do want to see him be more conflicted about his feelings, but I’m sure that angst is well on its way. For now their mutual feelings (and inability to confess, of course) is enough to get me onboard, especially when he looks at her like she’s the cutest thing he’s ever laid eyes on.

image_2014-11-14-4.jpg

For episode 2 recap.....go to following link below

Credit: www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/pinocchio-episode-2/
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105470

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Thank you Maris :)

Next week, November 19, 2014...Pinocchio will air at 9:50 pm KST for it's 3rd episode....
it's getting more and more interesting and fun to watch.

Fighting!!
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris, librajapan

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105482

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Recap: Pinocchio Episode 2
by joonni on November 13, 2014

In a world full of lies, the truth starts to come out, one by one.

Episode 2 “The ugly duckling”

Once in a while, the world feels small. Someone you thought was a complete stranger is actually linked to you. Whether ill-fated or not, we often call this destiny. In mathematical terms, it’s called the six degrees of separation.

This six degrees of separation has brought Choi Dal Po here to this quiz show stage. He narrates, “Five years ago, after undergoing that awful experience, I swore to never come near a broadcast station or to interact with any broadcast people. But the reason I broke that oath is a secret I want to keep more than that oath.”

Two weeks before the quiz show day, sometime in September 2005, In Ha and Dal Po are going to school. In Ha tries to use some aegyo to get her grandfather to buy her a bicycle, but grandpa asks what’s the use when her uncle (Dal Po) gives her a ride everyday. Dal Po covers In Ha’s mouth before she can tattle that everyday Dal Po makes her get off his bicycle cart and run to the port to catch the boat to school. We learn that it’s not really because Dal Po wants to abandon In Ha like that- it’s the strange, foreboding, and uneasy looks In Ha’s dad gives him, like he doesn’t want In Ha and Dal Po to get close.

Huffing and puffing because she just ran all the way to the port, In Ha demands to know if she is Dal Po’s sworn enemy or something. Dal Po remembers who In Ha’s mom is- that reporter who ruined his family- and he answers playfully, “Of course, my sworn enemy.”

In their classroom, Ahn Chan Soo sees the exhausted In Ha and he knows Dal Po has made her run a marathon again to get to school. He offers her an unused, old bike of his at home, and In Ha accepts enthusiastically and gratefully, grabbing his hand. Ahn Chan Soo feels a little flutter in his stomach.

The bike is delivered to school and given to In Ha. In glee, she uses her first ride to speed past Dal Po while cycling through a puddle so that he can get splashed by muddy water. Dal Po is faster and unfortunately for In Ha, he uses her career planning form as a shield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Humilis, Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105483

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
On that dirty form, In Ha has to write down what she wants to be in the future. On the paper it says she is suited to be a lawyer, prosecutor, or judge. In Ha chooses lawyer at first but Dal Po reminds her that someone like her with the Pinocchio syndrome can’t defend a killer.

In Ha’s imagination runs wild and she imagines herself as a lawyer, confidently declaring to the court that her client (Jung Woong In reprising his “I Hear Your Voice” role for a cameo) told her he was the killer and didn’t feel guilty about it. Her client then makes for her throat, screaming he will kill her and the person who let her become a lawyer.

In Ha quickly erases lawyer from the paper. Ahn Chan Soo suggests she becomes a actress since she is too good looking to be wasted as a lawyer. Dal Po chimes in, even though no one asked him, that she can’t. In Ha wouldn’t even be able to act like a corpse.

In Ha doesn’t understand why she can’t at least do that until she imagines what can happen. She will start hiccuping while she is playing a corpse because she knows she is not really one. The director screams his head off in frustration.

In Ha erases actress from the form too. Chan Soo tries to comfort her but she can’t be. She doesn’t know what she wants to or can be in the future.

The homeroom teacher comes in to announce that the entire school will be taking an exam to pick the the person with the most trivia knowledge so that this student can go on a quiz show. There is even money prize for winning each time on the show.

Ahn Chan Soon calls In Ha out to show her the bell he put oin her bike and to tell her that he will confess that he likes her when he is on the quiz show and he would like her to give him an answer then.

Continue here
Source
joonni.com/2014/11/13/recap-pinocchio-episode-2/
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Humilis, Maris, librajapan
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.431 seconds