Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105511

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352

To those who loves to understand more of the dialogues in Pinocchio just like the question......

"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.

The first is freedom of speech and expression—everywhere in the world.

The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way—everywhere in the world.

The third is freedom from want—which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants—everywhere in the world.

The fourth is freedom from fear—which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor—anywhere in the world.

That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis of the so-called new order of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb.”

—Franklin D. Roosevelt, excerpted from the State of the Union Address to the Congress, January 6, 1941
(Source: wikipedia) via Hitoritabi
:heartsh:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105512

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Most of the reviews for Pinocchio have 4 common things:
1. solid storyline
2. solid casts (main & supporting actors)
3. great execution
4. cinematography..

The Dispatch 's article about Pinocchio is one of the most popular news today....

cr khjpearl

Source: m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&sid1=...d=433&aid=0000006798
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Humilis, Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105513

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
[Drama Review] 'Pinocchio' - Episode 1
November 13, 2014 @ 6:19 pm by Allkpop

The first episode of 'Pinocchio' premiered on the night of November 12, much to the delight of Park Shin Hye fans, Lee Jong Suk fans, and fans of both (AKA me, yasss). Even that hideous wig eating Lee Jong Suk's head couldn't keep me away from this!

Pinocchio' has been promoted as a melodrama that will follow the story of four rookie news reporters pursuing the truth. The first episode introduces us to our two lead roles, Choi Dal Po (Lee Jong Suk) and Choi In Ha (Park Shin Hye) with flashbacks and sob stories galore, detailing Choi Dal Po's particularly tragic past and how he came to meet and like Choi In Ha.

So far, I enjoy the drama's focus on the news world. The fact that a drama regarding news coverage of suspicious accidents is airing during a time when South Korea is most attentive to the news due to the Sewol Ferry tragedy is certainly interesting. Heck, the fact that the Dal Po's firefighter captain father Ki Ho Sang (Jung In Gi) is suspected of irrationally leading his group of firemen into danger and then abandoning them is analogous to the Sewol Ferry case itself, in which the captain also sailed under dangerous conditions before abandoning ship. It seems that the drama aims to show its audience that some stories are more complicated than they are depicted in the media, and that the news chooses how they want to tell and simplify the story for their audiences. In the drama, while one newsroom, or one particular newswoman Song Cha Ok (Jin Kyung), prioritizes grabbing attention and viewers (even if it means manipulating the material or lying), another prioritizes reporting the facts, the truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105514

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The drama seems to have a general theme of lying versus telling the truth. Dal Po particularly notices that all the adults around him repeatedly tell lies--from his father's promises and his mother's attempts to disguise her grief to Cha Ok's manipulation of the news. On the other hand, Dal Po likes In Ha's inability to tell a lie due to her Pinocchio syndrome, a fictional illness that causes a person to hiccup every time he/she lies. Dal Po finds In Ha's honesty refreshing in this world of lies and consequently falls for her.

Although I do enjoy the emphasis of this theme, since it sets the tone for the rest of the drama as a serious one that will explore some moral questions, I thought that the episode had a lot of moments that gave me logic whiplash. From Ho Sang's rash decisions and the grieving family's blame game to In Ha's father Choi Dal Pyeong (Shin Jung Keun) treating a kid like a dog, the drama made me question whether the script was faulty or if humanity was really just this stupid?

Regardless of the logic, or the lack thereof, and a certain level of predictability all K-Dramas seem to come with, the show is off to an okay start. As we await the second episode (or at least the subtitles) here are some of my personal highlights.

Yes. I screencapped the intro still because it was just that adorable. Say hello to our Pinnochio cameo!

Aaaand say hello to our main man, Choi Dal Po, to which our heroine Choi In Ha says, "Oh my God… he's tacky to the point of surprise. He's even confident." And with that hair, I'm not sure that he should be.

Just kidding, who could resist that pucker?
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Humilis, Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105516

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

This woman's laugh could rival KARA Youngji's uvula laugh.

Oh how nice, an innocent little promise. This wouldn't happen to be one of those K-Drama plot devices where a character makes a promise only to be unable to keep that said promise due to tragic circumstances beyond their control, say a potential death?

---
Mianhe...The logical flows are opinions made.... :huh: Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves and place our mindset of what if I were on the character's shoe. I would do this, not that.... :lol: :P
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, Maris, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105529

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

What was Dal Po thinking when he answered this question?

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʀɔɪ̯də]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. This word is taken from German and literally means ‘harm-joy.’ It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune.

(From wikipedia)

The questions have a deep meaning too.
cr: Hitoritabi

I love how our writer use words, facts to convey subtle messages/meaning to the story.
Excellent. Bows
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89, prettycool610, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105531

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Park Shin Hye is lovable when getting hiccups in the 2nd episode of SBS Pinocchio

2nd episode of SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Pinocchio“, which aired on November 13, was full of Park Shin-hye’s lovely charms. Park Shin-hye appears as ‘Choi In-ha’ who hiccups every time she lies in the drama.

Park Shin-hye showed funny appearance as she imagined of her exposing the truth of a brutal criminal and as she hiccupped while she acted a role for a film.

Park Shin-hye’s hiccup also made her not to lie about her feeling for Lee Jong-suk. In the previous episode, Park Shin-hye brought an umbrella to Lee Jong-suk because she knew that he didn’t have one. She was worried about him. But, she lied saying, “I brought this umbrella to you because grandpa asked me to.” And, she hiccupped as soon as she said that.

Park Shin-hye also looks so adorable when she hiccups. Her hiccup even raises expectation for love story of Park Shin-hye and Lee Jong-suk.

Meanwhile, according to Nielseon ratings, 2nd episode of drama <Pinocchio> recorded ratings of 10.8 % in the capital area and ratings of 9.8 % in the whole country, which is 2.0% more than the previous episode.

SBS’s drama “Pinocchio” airs at 10 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday.
cr: pinocchiodrama
The following user(s) said Thank You: prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105536

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
Pinocchio BTS

Credit: writer___tide
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, nistymaj, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105540

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
image_2014-11-15-5.jpg

jinwow01:

Umbrella is too mainstream…. Cones are the in thing now for couples

Credit: Only Lee Jong Suk

My Note: too good not to share......
:lol:
..people are really inspired into very creative and amusing stuff.......just loving all the extras accompanying the drama...
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, LukaforLove, prettycool610, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #105544

• prettycool610
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2359
nu2me wrote:
Where to watch Pinocchio ENGLISH SUBBED?

tv.soompi.com/en/watch/23993

dramabay.com also :bingo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds