TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106340

• kimloveeun
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 11476
cute
web_1982648825_74816279.png
Love is You.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106341

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Pinocchio is one kdrama that was given thought and have deeper meaning even from the funny parts, to the very sad parts since episode 1. Each character, each setting, each location...

Hats off to the entire team of Pinocchio.... From each of the the lead casts to each staff, to each crew.

let us not forget the plight of Jae Myung and watch how the brothers will discovery each existence. The story is getting to unravel important bit by bit.

cr as tagged.
:heartsh:
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106344

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Pinocchio: Episode 4
by girlfriday | November 20, 2014 |

image_2014-11-21-2.jpg

Okay, I seriously love this episode. I swear it’s not even because our hero finally gets a makeover (even though that’s worth a round of applause in and of itself—fare thee well, Mop of Shame!), but because the family stuff hits all the right chords. It’s an episode about fathers, and the kind of love that’s so steadfast that sometimes a reminder is a shock to the system—a poignant, tear-filled, affectionate shock.

image_2014-11-21-5.jpg

................................................ In-ha is still hiccupping when she gets to the lobby, and whirls around to say that this can’t be happening—Dal-po is her uncle, and he even has a girlfriend. She starts pounding her chest too, and says, “That’s not it. It can’t be. It can’t be! If it is…”

image_2014-11-21-6.jpg

image_2014-11-21-7.jpg

COMMENTS

If it is, we have a drama on our hands. Actually, the turn that I love even more than her budding feelings for Dal-po is the new wedge driven between them. The debate scene is the first time I went, Ooooh, now we have a conflict! and felt tension in the central romance (because try as he might, sweet ol’ Dad isn’t enough to make their love seem impossible—hell, he’s even helping the fantasy along). Dal-po’s animosity for In-ha’s mother was pretty dormant for thirteen years, and his feelings for In-ha became stronger than his hatred for Mom… that is, until they stepped foot inside a TV station and dug at his old wounds, making them fresh and bloody.

image_2014-11-21-8.jpg

What makes it interesting now is their ideological split, and I like that In-ha isn’t someone who backs off on her own opinion because it’s challenged. What hurts is that she expected that Dal-po would always take her side, because that’s who he’s been her whole life. But in his experience, the truth is often hidden and thwarted and twisted, while to her, veracity is the measure of everything, and truth IS black and white. Because she either hiccups or doesn’t, and it’s that simple for her. That setup is going to yield some great stuff for them as they continue to butt heads over the job (well, that is, if she still has a job), and I MUCH prefer this dynamic where they’re at odds, because there’s a meatier story in play, and it adds a nice layer of conflict to their romance. It’s perfect timing for her to fall for Dal-po, when he’s so disillusioned and ragey, and finds her naïve perspective frustrating. Now with the tables turned, she gets to feel the fluttery one-sided feelings, which should be fun.

For recap and more.....link below
www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/pinocchio-episode-4/
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106347

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
opps I almost post that... :blush: Thank you @maris I thrilled that all across the board, everyone is loving and have high praises for everyone in Pinocchio. particularly love that parts our fav, Park Shin Hye. She is without a doubt.... is doing excellent acting!!!

Dolpi's heartbreaking scene over the death of his father reached at 14.3%.

Source: here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106349

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Imagination of Dalpyeong, father of InHa :lol: :P

You did good father! :blush: :P

cr: DramaSBS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, nistymaj, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106350

• Maris
My Note: hullo everyone to a beautiful morning .......though -18 and white everywhere.......brrrrrrrrr! Good evening to others ......hopefully not this cold like here....

BUT the news all around warms me up......it's a universal hands up for this drama , the OTP, story, directing, cast and acting specially that of LJS and Shinhye. Even people very critical and harsh in their comments for Shinhye are revising their opinions...........

This is what makes me super duper happy.......acknowledgement of Shinhye's potential and abilities as an actress. A big thank you to the writer, director for writing and choosing Shinhye as CIH . She totally breathes life into the character making it one of a kind female lead........not a doormat to the male lead but a person to be admired in her own right..........

I cannot leave without acknowledging LJS's performance........he has been exceptionally good in the emotional scenes.......with grandfather in the bus, finding out about his father in conference room, breakdown on rooftop.......cried with him!

When writing, directing is this good AND both costars that too main leads perform brilliantly up to this level........the bar is raised high and we get the drama of a calibre that is remembered and talked about for a long time after even it ends........Although early stages but I feel this will be that drama..........

Eve.....you are right......this drama is full of gems sprinkled all over like the ones you mentioned.......Dads imagination scene with toast..... :lol: ( hope we see more of his active and creative imagination).......emotional scenes like LJS and grandfather.......this drama has it all........I love the way they have mixed the heavy scenes with the lighter ones. Makes one appreciate them all the more.....

I have done the same thing so often posted just after someone else did but then delete them soon. ;) ......thanks to all the members here for their coverage of news , screen caps and comments.......
Starting with you Eve........Irene exceptionally quick and good , Marc, Kim. ( those are such sharp and clear screen caps), Jenzzy, Narjess, our very own esteemed Elena, newbie Izzatjaffar ....Luka, respected Humilis, moon( good to see you :) ), verfir and all the other dear members............

:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, LukaforLove, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106351

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I am in tears at times reading some blogs about Pinocchio, particularly about Park Shin Hye. She truly deserves to win an award... she's doing her very best and it shows. So proud of her ! of LJS ! of everyone character portrayed so far in Pinocchio. All AWESOME! even InHa's mom... hating her so much and she's good at being callous, cold person. Not to forget each Choi member from the top, granpa to the father, from the younger versions of Dalpo and InHa. They did their job well that it was easy on the eyes to transition.

:luvluv: :ding:
and we were left with this words from InHa.... still understanding, naive perhaps but have a good heart....

"I just wanted him to be on my side. It’s a given that his opinion may differ from mine… But I still wanted Dalpo to be on my side. Because he’s Dalpo."
:( :shy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106353

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:lol: ;) :side: :pinch:
I love the the father/daughter exchanges and how funny that the father (embarrashed at InHa's behaviour) was trying to shoved InHa in the bathroom for her appearance in Dalpo's presence... and so on.. love it love it so much!

cr: snowsaya
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, nahathy.10@gmail.com, Jenzzy, prettycool610

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106373

• Maris
[Drama Review] 'Pinocchio' - Episode 3
November 20, 2014 @ 5:17 pm

The episodes keep improving as we get better acquainted with both our lovable main leads and their sad family dynamics.

image_2014-11-21-13.jpg

This episode was a particularly emotional, heartbreaking one for me. I'm a sucker for parent-related issues, and when we're shown how Dal Po and In Ha are denied the parental love they so desperately want, it strikes a chord within me.

This episode is titled "Snow Queen," and it appears that "Snow Queen" is none other than In Ha's ice-cold mother, Cha Ok. I like how this episode was structured around Cha Ok--how it showed more of her work ethic, her interactions with her daughter, and how much of a powerful influence she is on both of our lead characters. While she can inspire or break In Ha's will to become a reporter, she can fuel Dal Po to want to become a reporter himself in defiance of Cha Ok's own work.

image_2014-11-21-14.jpg

And Cha Ok is certainly what you would call a frosty person. Yet as much as she hurts In Ha and as much as it hurts to watch In Ha hurting, I can't help but like Cha Ok. As her coworkers mention in the episode, Cha Ok is one of the first women to be a department chief and an anchor in the news world. Sure, Cha Ok manipulates information and lies in order to gain views for her news station, but she's obviously a hard worker and an ambitious woman who lets nothing get in the way of her career. I find that admirable in some aspects. Flawed, but admirable. She definitely seems like a formidable opponent for both of our leads, and I look forward to the day when she finally levels with them and freely expresses herself without her ice-cold front getting in the way.

image_2014-11-21-15.jpg

Aside from our antagonist of sorts, the episode also develops our protagonists, who have just the most adorable quirks. From In Ha's hiccups to Dal Po's tendency to talk to random objects (last episode it was his piggy bank), they make a youthful, silly, yet passionate pair heading into the news world. How will they fare against the likes of Cha Ok? Can In Ha be a reporter even when she has to be honest 100% of the time? How will Dal Po handle the world of broadcasting, which he absolutely loathes? We'll have to wait and see!

image_2014-11-21-12.jpg

This moment was great. Just makes you realize what a happy, loving family they were prior to the fire accident. This family could never imagine hurting one other and being torn apart until that fateful night.

image_2014-11-21-16.jpg

Of course it's not the tablecloth he's feeling, but In Ha's dress. Would find this moment hilarious except I'm too busy crying into a puddle of feels. Poor, poor Dal Po.

Credit:allkpop

My Note: Although the review is of episode 3.......I posted it here because i double checked and was not here in the thread . It's a good one and once again reiterates this dramas universal appeal and popularity across the board.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 5 months ago #106374

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
he slips down with her :P :lol: :silly:
I was waiting yesterday for someone to come with this gif..... Hitoritabi didn't disappoint.
Was cracking up the whole time! Love this two. No other actor will match the effect atm effectively.....

match made in "heaven"

how can they keep a straight face... LOL

:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, nahathy.10@gmail.com, Jenzzy, prettycool610
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 2.231 seconds