Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스'

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146883

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Hi Everyone,

There is just one major competition for Shin Hye's drama in the same time slot and day (Monday-Tuesday at 22:00) but on KBS. The title is "Beautiful Mind" but it was formerly titled as "Dr. Frankenstein" and was offered to Lee Jong Suk and Yoo Ah In but they turned it down. The main lead is Jang Hyuk and Park So Dam. It is also a medical drama with mystery, melodrama. Here is the plot for that:
"Lee Young-O (Jang Hyuk) is an excellent neurosurgeon with zero sympathy. One day, he becomes involved in bizarre patient deaths. He also falls in love and recovers his humanity." (Source: Asianwiki).

The writer Kim Tae Hee of Beautiful Mind did these dramas:
Monstar | Monseuta (Mnet / 2013)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal | Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 / 2010)
The Great King Sejong | Dae-hwang Saejong (KBS / 2008)
Great Expectations| Widaehan Yusan (KBS2 / 2006)

The writer Ha Myung Hee for Doctors did these dramas:
High Society | Sangryusawhe (SBS / 2015)
A Word From Warm Heart | Ddaddeukhan Mal Hanmadi (SBS / 2013-2014)
Can We Get Married? | Uriga Gyeolhonhal Soo Iteulkka (jTBC / 2012-2013)

This is tough since those actors are also well liked. And it's also medical drama but with a bit of mystery. I don't know how Doctors going to be...is it going to have some type of twists to the plot? I hope so. I can't imagine having 20 episodes of just plain story of doctors in the hospital. There is only 16 episodes of Beautiful Mind so that means Doctor will still air after that drama ends.
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by yummiejeu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146885

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644

Yummiejeu.....you are absolutely right about this being a tough competition for ratings for the reasons you mentioned and the data you posted.

Doctors is a mini series too....so that means 16 episodes....as far as I know....unless extended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146886

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Maris wrote:

Yummiejeu.....you are absolutely right about this being a tough competition for ratings for the reasons you mentioned and the data you posted.

Doctors is a mini series too....so that means 16 episodes....as far as I know....unless extended.

Maris, according to this link: wiki.d-addicts.com/Doctors it said 20 episodes but it could be wrong.
Details
Title: 닥터스 / Dakteoseu
Genre: Medical, romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2016-Jun-20 to 2016-Aug-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00
Original Soundtrack: Doctors OST

Cast
Main Cast
Kim Rae Won as Hong Ji Hong
Park Shin Hye as Hye Jung
Yoon Kyun Sang as Jung Yoon Do
Lee Sung Kyung as Jin Seo Woo
Others
Kim Young Ae as Hye Jung's grandmother
Ji Soo as Soo Chul
Moon Ji In as Soon Hee
Kim Kang Hyun
Kim Min Suk
Production Credits
Director: Oh Choong Hwan (오충환)
Screenwriter: Ha Myung Hee
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146887

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Despite the competition, I think Doctor might have a fighting chance in getting good ratings in Korea. Good cast. At least it is not pre-produced so that means they can make adjustments as they go along. Just like Producers originally had bad rating but they made some changes and it improved.

Also with Beautiful Mind, it might not be as good otherwise why would Lee Jong Suk and Yoo Ah In turn it down? Lee Jong Suk took W instead. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146888

• Maris
Yummiejeu you may well be right since you have the source right there.
Mine was based on the fact that it was labelled as mini series in one of the articles when the news first appeared. No where did they mention about number of episodes. The mini series are always 16 episodes.

It would be better if its 20 only depending on the script. Sometimes best of dramas suffer from being dragged out.

Yes....my consolation is also that beautiful mind script was refused by many leading actors. Maybe they changed it. On the other hand the writer has many successful dramas. Ha Myung has won the best script not only for this doctors but also for can we get married. If produced, directed well we have a very good chance. They did not scrimp on good actors...that's a huge plus....a good blend of experience and popular.

Also a very relevant fact raised by you is the pre-produced ones where one has the luxury of making changes. That can pay off or back fire. Too much tampering can take the soul away from the drama since the story telling is affected ....becomes different from how the writer had envisioned. One would not like a prize winning script to be altered. There is a reason why it won.

Also, in ongoing drama produced as they go.....the toll is taken on the artist in the later half affecting their performance dud to lack of sleep etc.

One cannot please everyone. This writer does not write the typical romantic popular comedy. Her dramas always have serious undertones. If mid way they change that .....it will adversely affect the quality of drama. I want them to stick to the story telling ...that got the award.
They should concentrate on producing the drama in a way that compels the audience to watch it live every week....through acting, directing etc

Looking through a narrow window and selfishly.....I would like Yoo Hye Jung's character to be written well ( chances very high) so that Shinhye can shine by showing her abilities as an actress of highest caliber.

Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146893

• Maris

Jung Hae Kyun cast in SBS #Doctors and will act as a father of Park Shin Hye's character.

image-756.jpg

Credit Kdrama news

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, NileRose, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146894

• Maris
#ParkShinHye #Suzy #ParkBoGum #kimyoojung Young actors are coming...

(Article Complete: sports.donga.com/3/all/20160426

image-766.jpg

Credit Park shin Hye addict
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, NileRose, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146900

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
So our Shin Hye in Doctors will be battling it out with ex-SALT colleague Park Se Young in Beautiful Minds for Mon-Tues 22:00hr slot.

Both dramas have good cast. Beautiful Minds lead male is Jang Hyuk. Have to see which story will pull in the ratings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146902

• Maris

"Jung Hae Kyun, confirmed to join <Doctors>..To breathe as father-daughter with Park Shin Hye"
(cr.TripleEdoubleLU)

image-765.jpg

image-771.jpg

Credit as tagged

My Note

Hullo everyone!
The casting should be complete now.....I must say its been done well . JHK is a respected artist who has been appreciated much in his movies and dramas......the latest one being Signal! The acting in this drama should be top notch.

Hi DOH.....good to see your presence here :)
Hope you continue to finding Doctors interesting and grace us during the whole drama .

Yes, this drama is set for a stiff competition with the same medical setting...here we have the whole neurosurgeon department. :) . The cast is good. The starting date is same. I feel Doctors is reality based.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 7 years 11 months ago #146905

• Maris

Credit to the uploader

My Note

Don't know if it was posted earlier but thought it appropriate when the first script reading is around the corner... :)

Where is everyone ? :(
Too quiet!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds