Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9930

• prangpt
  • New Star
Here i found another news ^ ^

Korean actress Park Shin-hye has joined the cast of new romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency," according to her agency Ava Entertainment on Thursday.

The movie took its motif from French picture "Cyrano de Bergerac" helmed by Jean-Paul Rappeneau and starring French actor Gerard Depardieu.

Park will star in the Korean pic alongside opposite Uhm Tae-woong as matchmakers who work at the same agency.

The film will be helmed by director Kim Hyun-suk who is well-known for directing movies "Scout" and "When Romance Meets Destiny." He was also one of the screen writers for "Joint Security Area."

Park made her debut in 1994 and has starred in numerous dramas and movies including "Stairway to Heaven," "Goong S," and "Minamishineyo." She is also a familiar face in television commercials and music videos.

"Cyrano Agency" is set to begin filming on April 19 and is scheduled for release in September over the Chuseok thanksgiving holidays.

Asiae
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9932

• Liu Si Ying
thanks prangpt!!!!

great that we got some proper translated news =D

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9948

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks prangpt!!! So it is Cyrano de Bergerac inspired!!! Awww, I absolutely have to, have to, see this! (Sorry, the theater geek in me is spazzing).

So that is the lead actor, huh? Didn't like him much at SGCY. Haha! But I heard he is a good actor. Oh well, all in all, good thing PSH is 2nd lead.

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9957

• ShrlyKim
Just want to share something i searched about the movie...

from wikipedia..

Plot
Cyrano de Bergerac is a Parisian poet and swashbuckler with a large nose of which he is self-conscious, which he pretends to be proud of. He is madly in love with his "friendly cousin" (they were not actually related as cousins), the beautiful Roxane; however, he does not believe she will requite his love because he considers himself physically unattractive. Soon he finds that Roxane has become infatuated with Christian de Neuvillette, a dashing new recruit to the Cadets of Gascogne, the military unit of which Cyrano is the captain. Christian however, despite his good looks, is tongue-tied when speaking with women. Seeing an opportunity to vicariously declare his love for Roxane, he decides to aid Christian, who does not know how to court a woman and gain her love. Cyrano aids Christian, writing love letters and poems describing the very emotions that Cyrano himself feels for Roxane. Roxane begins to appreciates Christian not only for his good looks but now his apparent eloquence. She eventually falls in love with him and they contract a secret marriage. However, right after the wedding ceremony, Christian has been called off to fight in the war against the Spanish. The war is harsh and brutal: the Cadets of Gascogne are starving. Cyrano escapes over enemy lines each morning to deliver a love letter written by Cyrano himself but signed with Christian's name, sent to Roxane. Christian, at this time, is completely unaware of Cyrano's doings on his behalf. The love letters Cyrano writes eventually draw Roxane out from the city of Paris to the war front. She had come to visit Christian, the supposed romantic poet. However, during the battle that follows Roxane's visit, Christian is wounded and dies in battle. Cyrano fights off the attackers and the French win. Cyrano keeps his love for Roxane a secret for fourteen years, during which time he becomes unpopular because of his raucous behavior and she becomes a nun. However, during this time, Cyrano faithfully visits Roxane at her convent until a fateful attempt on his life leaves him mortally injured. (He was not wounded by a sword, but suffered a serious head injury when struck by a heavy wooden beam.) Only then does he reveal to Roxane his feelings towards her. As Cyrano dies, Roxane realizes that it was he, and not Christian, whom she had really loved all along.

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9960

• bianne ong
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5
I think this is another news about the Cyrano project (could our experts confirm? - Karren? Hailey? :) )

'미남' 박신혜, 엄태웅 · 이민정 의 '큐피트' 변신

배우 박신혜 가 엄태웅 과 이민정, 최다니엘 등과 함께 스크린 호흡 을 맞춘다.

지난해 드라마 '미남 이시네요' 에서 사랑스러운 남장 여자 를 연기 하며 큰 사랑 을 받은 박신혜 는 영화 '시라노 에이전시' 에 캐스팅 됐다.

박신혜 는 극중 의뢰인 의 사랑 을 이어 주는 시라노 에이전시 운영자 병훈 (엄태웅 분) 과 함께 달콤한 사랑 의 메신저 로 활약할 예정 이다.

영화 '광식 이 동생 광태' 를 연출한 김현석 감독 의 신작 '시라노 에이전시' 는 프랑스 배우 제라드 드파르디유가 주연한 영화 '시라노' 에서 모티브 를 얻은 작품 이다. 사랑 하는 이에게 고백 을 하지 못해 괴로워하는 의뢰인 의 이야기 를 다룬 로맨틱 코미디 로 기대 를 모은다.

내달 19 일 크랭크인 을 앞둔 '시라노 에이전시' 는 오는 9 월 추석 연휴 에 개봉 예정 이다.

사진 = 엘르걸

서울 신문 NTN 박민경 기자 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

credit to: ntn.seoul.co.kr
ntn.seoul.co.kr/main.php?cmd=news/news_view&idx=27742
thanks KORN for the heads up. :)

(= I admit I fell in love twice - the first time was with you, the second was with the person you became when you were finally mine. =)

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9965

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
very nice of u Korn for sharing a link and, the post, it's in Hangul rite ? attempted for the google loose translate, but rather not post. the filming will start in April for Sept showing. looking forward to our PSH's character in this movie.

ok so tempted. a part only, here it goes:
박신혜 는 극중 의뢰인 의 사랑 을 이어 주는 시라노 에이전시 운영자 병훈 (엄태웅 분) 과 함께 달콤한 사랑 의 메신저 로 활약할 예정 이다.
google translate:
"Park Shin Hye love that term, after that I'll pass the client's agency owners byeonghun (Uhm Tae Woong minutes) and serve as messengers of love will be sweet."
----
Thanks ShylyKim for sharing the story of Cyrano de Bergerac from wikipedia.
There were several adaptation in movies of the same title for years including some books. have read " The Life and Legend of Cyrano de Bergerac (yr 2008) by Ishbel Addyman. very curious how the Korean movie Cyrano will turn out.
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by nu2me.

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9966

• kyonkichi78
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 1
wow, dis is gd news for our SH btw her shooting is jst around da corner!! hihi, cnt wait for mre abt her n her new casts bts, pics n movie news ;) SH aja aja fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9982

• Liu Si Ying
Park Shin-hye plays Cupid in Cyrano

Park Shin-hye has been added to the cast of the upcoming Cyrano de Bergerac-inspired movie, which has been updated for modern times and titled Cyrano Agency. The original story dealt with Cyrano, a witty but self-conscious man, who wins over the heart of his beloved with romantic letters — but on behalf of another, more handsome, suitor. In this version, lead actor Uhm Tae-woong is the owner of the Cyrano Agency (a sort of dating agency), and Park Shin-hye works along with him as a “love messenger.”

The romantic comedy also stars Smile’s Lee Min-jung as the object of Uhm Tae-woong’s affections, with the love triangle rounded out by High Kick Through the Roof’s Daniel Choi. (Cute cast.)

Cyrano Agency will begin shooting on April 19 and is planning for a September release for the Chuseok holiday.

Via Now News

S: Dramabeans

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9991

i hope i dont end up loving the wrong character. lollllllllllllllllllllllllll
daniel choi is a cutieeee

2010 - 시라노:연애조작단 / Cyrano Agency 14 years 1 month ago #9993

• gonnabeme
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 23
thnaks for sharing d news from dramabeans Amy.. The title of d article/news really caught my eyes. Despite writing bout other cast in Cyrano, Javabeans wrote bout Shinhye as the highlight to d news bout d movie. "Park Shin-hye plays Cupid in Cyrano". It sounds "WOW...." If i haven't met my soulmate, my love, i wanna hv Shinhye as my cupid too!! ;)

Since Shinhye will plays as cupid, and this is a romance comedy type of movie, n reading d storyline i think i simply fall in luv with d concept. owh, i feel so excited n can't wait to know more bout d movie... shinhye's character.. n of course... to watch d movie. hope it will be played in my country's local cinema too... :)

dun worry, b happy.. :)
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds