Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22913

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
ticket to the Sept 13 event

love it when Shin Hye is smiling

Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, twotaur

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22914

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
since I posted here news item about our gentleman and funny cute Daniel Choi, I am also posting here a news article this time about sweet Uhm Tae Woong...

Uhm Tae-woong: Healing through Cyrano
by javabeans | September 13

Uhm Tae-woong‘s new movie Cyrano Dating Agency comes out this week, and I am beyond sad that I can’t see it. (Because, seriously? So. Cute.) It also means that he’s in the news a lot these days, doing promo appearances and interviews such as the one below.

“The hurt I received from Seon-deok, I healed with Cyrano.”

Uhm Tae-woong. Is it because the reverberations from Devil are so strong? He’s often played strong characters. But the real Uhm Tae-woong looks more like a playboy. It could be because people saw his merit revealed in Birth of a Family.

That’s the reason that Queen Seon-deok gave Uhm difficulty. With his toughness mixed with his hidden gentleness and his playboyish qualities, he was better suited for the role of Bi-dam than Kim Yu-shin.

Cyrano Dating Agency, which opens on September 16, is an ideal fit for Uhm Tae-woong. In the movie, he plays a man who must set up the woman he loves with another man. He’s a bit of a snob and a bit playboyish, but also harbors his own pain. With Cyrano, it feels like Uhm has put on his own clothes again after a long time.

When did you get the offer for Cyrano?

I got the offer when I was filming Queen Seon-deok and met with director Kim Hyun-seok. I could really sympathize with the character.

You’ve acted a lot of strong characters, from Cell Phone to Chaw and Queen Seon-deok.

To be honest, I had difficulty with previous projects. It wasn’t something I could experience personally, or draw out from myself, which was really tough. That’s why I thought Cyrano would be fun, and there were a lot of parts that were like me. I’ve also had relationships broken up because I was at fault.

You say you’re like the character in that you broke up because of your flaws. Since you were public about your girlfriend, it comes across as a meaningful statement.

Ah, I misspoke. [Laughs] Well, aren’t relationships given up when things become difficult for yourself? In the end, the problem is whether I love myself or the other person more. If I break up with someone I love, isn’t it because I’m immature? That’s why I identified with a lot of the dialogue in this movie. It’s not that you trust someone and therefore fall in love, but that you trust someone because you love them.
--

Before seeing the movie, I wondered about your story, but it turns out to be very sympathetic.

That’s right. That’s what the director said, that I have a playboy vibe, but that’s where the subtle fun is. Plus, our movie has Daniel Choi as a safety net. [Laughs]

It feels like you’re wearing clothes that fit right for the first time in a while.

It was comfortable and enjoyable. I realized the joy of communicating with the director and in working. As I acted, I felt like I was pretending, and had difficulty when doing Queen Seon-deok. Well, I was also sick and spoke a lot. I think that became like medicine — it was a slump, but after going through that period, I gained even more while doing Cyrano.

Were you envious?

Don’t jealousy and pettiness feed on themselves? [Laughs] After acting calm, you really do become calm. When I was doing Cyrano, it would give me strength and I would wonder at how fun work was. I think I solved poison with poison.

You’ve acted in a lot of projects involving a lot of fighting with opposition. It seems you were free from that in this film.

It’s true that I was tired from all that fighting. The best thing is that I wasn’t able to enter those worlds themselves, but passed through them. That’s what I mean by pretending. This time, as I talked and drank with everyone every day, I understood better what kind of story the director wanted to tell. The director drew me out naturally, and I felt like I entered the world more.

You’ve never had rumors pop up about you and a co-star. Perhaps that means that people felt some distance, but this time we’re hearing that talk quite a bit. You must have been comfortable with Lee Min-jung and Park Shin-hye to talk about marriage* with them.

There was a bit of joking going around about how Uhm constantly suggested getting married to his co-stars. He even says it on camera in the behind-the-scenes video clip posted here.

Why? You never know. [Laughs] That’s a joke. I think I know what you’re saying. You’d think that because I have an older sister, I would be able to act comfortably with women, but actually that’s not the case. I say pointless things and tend to get off-guard. On that point, I think this movie was well-suited for me.

Do you believe in fate, as we see in the movies?

In order to win over my first love, I wanted to show her my vision and enrolled in to the theater department. But she ended up leaving. I was wandering, wondering what to do, when I met the manager I work with now, and then I started acting in earnest. I went to that school to win her, but thinking about it now it’s like I went to meet that friend. I think that’s fate.

It was edited down, but there’s a line of dialogue in the movie about never knowing what life will turn up. It didn’t stick, and it ended up being changed to “blessing in disguise.” Thinking about it now, that applies to me and the movie.

----
In the past, it seems that you have longed to be the kind of actor with very powerful acting, but you seem to have released that tension this time.

When I started working, I acted with Sol Kyung-gu sunbae. I’d worried a lot at one point, about whether I just didn’t have it, or if it was being blocked and unable to come out. And then, instead of thinking of those burdens, I decided to act with what I had. It wasn’t giving up, but recognizing the truth. I’ll be able to do that kind of acting at some point, but for now I think I’ll have to do what I can do well.

Like in the movies, do you think you have to give up something in order to gain something?

Yes. For instance, even if you want to marry, you have to give up something, which is too bad. In the past I thought I could marry, but now I feel bummed about what I’d have to give up.

Do you remember your first kiss scene?

Of course. I remember the first kiss scene in a music video, in a one-act drama, and in Resurrection. I tend to remember things like that, like what I was wearing when I met my first love. I even remember the scent of the wind on the first day of Cyrano. We were in Myeonmok-dong, and the wind smelled like acacias.

You seem to be riding on the wind of this project.

It has a lot of influence on a person. That also makes me feel uneasy. But the fact that I’ve been able to come this far means I’ve been fortunate, and also that I’ve met a lot of people who know me well.

Via Star News
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, betsy, twotaur

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22929

• Irish_Law
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 397
thank you so much for all pic, Shinhye looks so beautiful, I love her outfit, simple and elegant.
I cant wait to watch the movie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22937

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:P how can u avoid staring at this gentleman. Even Lee Min Jung can't help it :side:

the hilarious "brothers" , what a team aye ! :lol:

loving her soft dress

our winsome, young sweetheart, Park Shin Hye :whistle:

Cr: DC, as tagged.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22959

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Sept 14 at 20:00 - 22:00 at Lotte Cinema for Make A Wish
Park Shin Hye, Lee Min Jung and Daniel Choi with the director came to show their support

cr: korean fan blog, baidu upload.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny, betsy, meglo, xandra127, cLaire

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22961

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
tweets from Myungdong, Schedule

The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22963

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
it's LMJ's turn in javabeans article. Will share her interview part here.

Lee Min-jung doesn’t feel like a star yet (but is)
by javabeans | September 14

With Cyrano Dating Agency opening this Thursday, there’s been a blitz of promotional activity, as you’ve no doubt noticed. Following the interview with the film’s leading man Uhm Tae-woong, here’s one with leading lady Lee Min-jung, who has enjoyed a meteoric rise to fame in the past year and a half.

“I don’t feel like I’m a star yet… Cyrano was such fun I was giggling to myself”

Actress Lee Min-jung has increased her popularity this year. Her first leading role in a drama was in SBS’s Smile, which began airing last year, which received strong ratings and was extended to finish early this year. After that, she was selected as the main model for the rival brand of the soju Lee Hyori endorses.

She was deluged with all kinds of CF offers, then was suddenly picked to lead the movie Cyrano Dating Agency, which opens this Chuseok season. But it seemed as though she couldn’t actually feel all this herself. She walks the streets as freely as ever, and worries about whether her character will be able to draw in audiences effectively like an ordinary actress. She answered all the questions relatively frankly, and smiled broadly with an unexpected charm.

Now you’ve become a star. Do you feel that it’s real?

I don’t think I can be called a star yet. I’m so lacking in work experience and projects. I’ve got a long way to being a top star. I think being a star is being in a place where the public would trust in me to watch a project because of my name. Actually, even now I can walk around the streets.

When did you first receive this project? How did you feel when watching Cyrano?

I saw the screenplay for the first time ten days before finishing Smile, and it was so fun that I read it all in one sitting while giggling to myself. I already knew director Kim Hyun-seok well because he’s friends with theater sunbaes.
---

I remember first seeing you act in the MBC morning drama Treat Me Well While I’m Here [있을때 잘해]. How does it feel to think of that now?

That was my debut. Because it was a daily drama, and thanks to sunbaes Ha Hee-ra and Kim Yoon-seok, I learned a lot. Moreover, I recall that I didn’t find the director scary. Anyway, I think that drama allowed me to cultivate adaptability to dramas. Ratings were good too, so it was extended. I really gained a lot through that drama.

Speaking of extensions, Smile was also popular enough to get an extension. Maybe you have good luck with ratings. There’s anticipation about this movie, too.

Hahaha. Please don’t see it that way. I’ve had dramas cut short too, although I wasn’t the lead. Regardless of box office or television viewership, I think I still have a long way to go. In any case, this is my first leading role in a commercial film. I hope it’ll do well.

These days you’re the model for a soju brand that is competing with a brand that Lee Hyori endorses. Do you drink soju?

I happened to run into Lee Hyori in a bar and said hello, and later she invited me to have dinner together. I do like soju. My tolerance is about one bottle. I don’t like being tired the next day, so when I’m feeling drunk I tend to go home right away and sleep. Who knows, I might have to drink the next night. [Laughs]
----

In this movie, you’re in a love triangle with Sang-yong (Daniel Choi) and Byung-hoon (Uhm Tae-woong). If you met these two characters in real life, what would happen?

In the movie, my Hee-joong character meets Byung-hoon in her early twenties, then later on falls for Sang-yong. The two are different, and I think I could fall in love with both of them at those respective ages. So in my early twenties I would feel attracted to a man like Byung-hoon, and in my later twenties to Sang-yong. But to be honest, I personally lean toward the pure type like Sang-yong. Of course, if he had good manners like Byung-hoon, that would be good too.

This is a romantic comedy. What did you emphasize in your acting?

First off, I felt that women audiences would have to sympathize with my character. For it to succeed, each of the four leads — me, Uhm Tae-woong, Daniel Choi, Park Shin-hye — has their parts. Everyone’s character would have to be sympathetic in their own way. Just like Uhm Tae-woong’s Byung-hoon character would have to satisfy the male audiences, I’d consider it a success if women responded well to my Hee-joong.

Via Segye
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22965

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Shin Hye sat behind UTW temporarily bcoz he called for her to help him out singing his and DC's OST part :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sabchia, betsy, elankham

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22966

• sabchia
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 143
nu2me, so the boys did not memorize their lines well.. Daniel keeps looking at the screen - Is he trying to read the lyrics?
It's not the first time UTW sings live OST for his drama, so I'm surprised that he needed help from PSH. Perhaps, a good excuse to hold her hand. Ha! Ha!

Thanks for all the updates.

So from the schedule, it looks like there'll be more promotions for the Cyrano team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

2010 Cyrano Agency - Promotion Events 13 years 7 months ago #22980

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, elankham
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.070 seconds