Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130272

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
hehehehe that nice :lol: Happy for you sis @eve :heartsh:
it seems the Director is so cool ;) nice to know that PSH is surrounded by nice people :lol:

Thanks for the sweet recap sis :luvluv: you can take a rest tonight ;) see you :heartsh:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130277

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, twingals

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130278

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, twingals

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130281

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Thanks sis @eve and @maris for the posts.....
It was only now that i found time to read everything.....
I felt very proud of our dear Shin Hye.....for all the praises!
One amazing actress we have here....wishing you all the best...Fighting!!!

:luvluv: :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, meyergsi

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130361

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Thanks Eve for the talk with the director. I did not know that the interview posted by kdramastars was actually the one he gave in NY. That was very quick.
Actually, I am really waiting for your impressions of the movie and also Shinhye's performance. Do hope you had a fun evening.
Jenzzy, you are so right......It is rewarding following Shinhye......a wonderful artist and a person. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130367

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hi Maris.... I was baffled at first but they were together before the movie, they left the theater amd came back after the movie credits was done, for the interview portion with the audience.

Some of the writer's article were taken from their interview. In the theater, he spoke about Park Shin Hye enthusiastically and with admiration... Also about the other main casts, the investors :P his life as a Korean director, his studying in US. He expresses himself well, very amusing man and fun!
:heartsh:

The question if he was happy with the ending.... That is where he mentioned about the tailors characters.

We wondered if the execution of Lee Gong-jin (Actor Ko Soo) would have made a bigger impact.... then lingered at the Kings Tailor...Han Suk-kyu as Jo Dol-seok. as it's ending.

Overall, Director Lee Won Suk said that he was happy that all the casted actors/actresses were great for their roles.
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, twingals, aki_lala

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130588

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770

I think this is another set of interview with the Director. As I went through the article, the PD seems to be really outspoken. I love his funny side of him, very honest. :P He speaks fondly of Shinhye.. loving it..
He said, hes not going to direct anymore Saeguk dramas in the future :lol: Well, even though the movie wasn't a great success in SK as expected, it was much appreciated with Udine and New York FF..

thedivareview.com/NYAFF15_The_Royal_Tail...lusive_Interview.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, purplecharm09, Maris, Jenzzy, meyergsi, IntoTheBlue, twingals

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130591

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644

Seirazde......thanks a lot for this article. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it since it was extremely illuminating.

After reading it I really once again think that it's very easy to criticize and doing it is actually a big responsibility. I always felt that criticism should be constructive and not done without consideration for the people at the receiving end.......like in this case what the director went through. I am glad that Shinhye is the happy part of his memories related to making this movie.

Personally, watching this movie for the first time wax a big and pleasant surprise because I thoroughly enjoyed the different facets to it from the CinemaScope beauty of the movie with its beautiful hanboks and the culture of the Sageuk era.

I found the interplay of human emotions between different characters fascinating......the blend of the dark with the light......the jealousies and the small joys. Eg. The emotions of jealousy arising within the royal tailor for The common tailor when the dress designed for the king was first praised, the envy he felt at the designs which even he could not help but realize were unique in a way that made the wearer feel beautiful.

The joy of the Queen on wearing the beautiful dress for the first time, the sadness she felt on visiting her mothers grave and at the neglect of the king, the emotions felt for the first time at a man coming near her, the defence of the tailor etc etc. Infact, through smart editing I could get a very good idea of the transition of the young Queen and to what she had become through years......the happy young girl who attracted the future king and the neglected Queen awaiting her King with his huge inferiority complexes even while loving his queen.

I could go on and on but time forbids....sorry if my ramblings bored!
Eve, before I leave.....thank you for your posts after watching the movie.....it surely must have been visually and mentally stimulating

Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, twingals

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130592

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770
Sis@Maris, that was such a sharp grasp of yours..
I totally agree with you regarding the struggles faced by the whole cast in making and promoting the movie..
a bit disappointed with the initial results since, the movie was greatly tailored with different emotions, perfectly portrayed by actors and actresses..
it just shows that no one couldn't foretell of what will happen with time..Criticisms received by the movie after the initial screening just made it more interesting for overseas audience to watch and indeed it was greatly appreciated..
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130611

• Haive
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 1108
On July 15, organizers of the New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) announced the selection of "The Royal Tailor" for the 2015 Audience Choice Award. "The Royal Tailor" was a strong winner with 94 percent of positive votes from NYAFF attendees.

Congrats!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, BadBat
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds