Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130615

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
'The Royal Tailor' Receives The Audience Choice Award At The New York Asian Film Festival

:pray: :pray: :pray:
:luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv:

image-586.jpg

t.co/iZeUojp7Cd
t.co/WZZ3AAwzVN

On July 15, organizers of the New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) announced the selection of "The Royal Tailor" for the 2015 Audience Choice Award. "The Royal Tailor" was a strong winner with 94 percent of positive votes from NYAFF attendees.

The 2014 period film presented stunning insight into royal fashion with sumptuous scenes of hanbok and textiles.
Lee Won Suk, the director of "The Royal Tailor," was present during the festival for a colorful question and answer session. KDramaStars had the opportunity to sit down with the charismatic auteur. During the exclusive interview, he positively discussed his work with stars Park Shin Hye and Yoo Yeon Seok.

While "The Royal Tailor" claimed the honor, the Korean social commentary film, "Cart" closely followed. "Cart," the Korean film "My Love, Don't Cross that River" and the Cambodian movie, "The Last Reel," closely followed.
"Cart" director Boo Ji Young was also present for the festival, along with Myung Films founder and producer, Shim Jae Myung.

During their interview with KDramaStars the talented female filmmakers discussed their thoughts on appearing behind-the-camera and the rise of EXO's D.O., as a talented acting idol.
The New York Asian Film Festival concluded on July 11 with the Korean film, "Coin Locker Girl," a film which recently stunned critics during the 2015 Cannes International Film Festival.
In its 14th year, The New York Asian Film Festival provides one of the strongest lineups of Asian movies in the United States.
Credit : kdramastars

My Note

Thanks Haive for the breaking news...
It is highly commendable that The Royal tailor once again won the viewers choice award again after winning in Italy too...... That too with an overwhelming majority of 94%........another important point to note is the fact that the festival won in the strongest lineup of Asian movies....

CONGRATULATIONS
To the whole team specially Shinhye
:ding: :ding: :ding:
:piggyrabbit :piggyrabbit :piggyrabbit

It makes me very happy to see the movie being duly acknowledged and not surprising that the viewers chose it among all as the best
Although I did not see the other ones......but definitely enjoyed watching The Royal tailor as I mentioned in my post earlier. I wonder if Eve watched any other besides the royal tailor? Seirazde... :P

Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Maris.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, nistymaj, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, twingals, BadBat, Shinhyerella

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130618

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
CONGRATULATIONS for The Royal Tailor movie. New York Loves the movie !!!

Woah...... not surprising since The Royal Tailor audience that night were applauding and enthusiastic about the movie overall. I will unashamedly say that six of us voted positively when they asked us to fill in our names and email address for the gifts and the other paper to vote how we like the movie. :)

The writer wrote majority of what the Director said during the audience QnA portion. Imagine us laughing and being amused at his honesty and responses. His stories...He is a very likable man.

I must admit that when I was recording the interview.... I thought all along that I was able to capture everything, my hand was up the whole time !!! hurting too :lol: when me n friends were trying to play back.... only a portion was recorded !! we were laughing like loonies :lol:

I am just thankful for the writer to share Director Lee Won Suk interview answers.
:heartsh:

Thank you for sharing @seirazde, @maris, @haive,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiki22, Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130650

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 16059
I am very sure that the Fil will really got a Award ! its really award-worthed !
You said all sister @eve and @Maris lol
But it was also mentioned Kyungsoo (DO) -( Lee jong Suk's opponent in Paeksang) that his acting skills really improved
(out of topic- Im really a fan of Kyungsoo, in all aspects, dancing, singing and ACTING ! He will blew up and be on paeksang list again next yr. i knew lol )

Congartulaions to the SANGUIWON STAFFS ! The hardworks are paid off. esp. to thos eactors ! The acts are giving goosebumps so much !
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, seirazde

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130669

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
New York Asian Film Festival FB
cr: Styleh and NYAFF FB

CKBc3TaUcAARnWA.jpg

CKBc3TcUAAA5pBF.jpg

CKBc3TdVAAAMsV2.jpg

CKBc3TdUcAA7Bg6.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, purplecharm09, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130675

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
oh there is more to write a review... thank you sis @nicole for posting.

was waiting for some reviews about the movie The Royal Tailor as the audience majority were not ... how shall I put it..... mianhe don't know a better word ...."asian" so the results of people who gave positive votes for The Royal Tailor is fair and square.
:) mianhe... I am so proud of the voting results. giddy to say the least. :blush:

btw, sis @maris... forgot to answer your question... if I watched any other movie shown "besides the royal tailor? "... I did not.. even the movie before "The Royal Tailor" that was shown at 8pm... "Twenty" where Kim Woobin was starring. :pinch: or the other Korean movie "Coin Locker Girl"

from New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) FB:

Our first night at the SVA Theater culminated with the New York Premiere of LEE Won-Suk's period drama THE ROYAL TAILOR. Lee was also on hand to answer our audience's questions and talked about his ups and downs while making the film. His responses to the questions were as colorful as the film!

the guests after the movie screening in NYAFF are mostly the directors
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verba_, Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #130718

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770
Yay!thanks sisters for breaking this news..
This is what I should feel :woohoo:
We were just discussing about our views towards the film sis@maris..
On how was the film a not so great success at SK and how much it was appreciated overseas and then boom!
I'm so happy and proud of the movie's success and of course Shinhye..

other note: Pd Lee Won suk immediately shared the good news to Shinhye through her IG account.. Ah! Just love him for doing so.. :) Shinhye must have left a mark on him. :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #131336

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
Name: 尚衣院 -サンイウォン-
Site: saniwon-movie.com/
Twitter: twitter.com/saniwon
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/%E5%B0%9A%E8%A1%A...%B3/1020775581300261

CK6JXCgUkAAJbyx.jpg

CK6JXCiUkAAAHSf.jpg

CK6JXCnUAAAjfeg.jpg

CK6HsShUYAAFQDY.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, purplecharm09, Maris, nistymaj, Jenzzy, seirazde

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #131344

• Maris
image-632.jpg

image-633.jpg

Credit: giselle_tw

My Note
Yes, it is extremely satisfying that it is being acknowledged by viewers and critics elsewhere.......me being one of those who was very surprised that it was not popular in South Kotea......I found it very absorbing and aesthetically pleasing..... with good acting from all...

After impressing the American and Italian audience......let's see how it fares in Japan.....

Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, Jenzzy, seirazde, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BadBat, aki_lala

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #131346

• Maris
Shinhye's movie" The royal Tailor" on the plane......viewing list.....

image-634.jpg

Credit Wintercherub
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, purplecharm09, Nicole Park, narjess89, Jenzzy, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 8 years 9 months ago #131367

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hello ! @seirazde, @maris, @nicole, @jenzzy :)

on why in Korea it was not as successful as expected.... the way I understood him was, "Koreans" take the traditional approach, conservative and the history as they know it... The Royal Tailor has full of charms, humor and fantasy that is not limited to strictly historical.

What was funny as I recall Director Lee Won Suk.... when the story killed the genius tailor... the netizens wrote .... "why did you kill him"... they did not like it !!... "you should be the one killed !!!" :lol: :lol:

I hope in Japan, the film will be successful and welcoming to the audience.
:pray:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Park, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, aki_lala
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.335 seconds